The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), which is now known as Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GOI) has established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent, autonomous, and self-sustained premier testing organization under the Societies Registration Act (1860) for conducting efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been entrusted by the Ministry of Education with the task of conducting the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) w.e.f 2019.
About Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
1) Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a National Level Entrance Examination for entry into M. Pharma Programme.
2) Till 2018, the Test was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). NTA is conducting this Test since 2019.
3) This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into
the Masters (M. Pharma) program. The GPAT is a three hours Computer Based Online Test.
4) The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions / University Departments / Constituent Colleges /Affiliated Colleges.
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)-2021
1) GPAT-2021 will be conducted by NTA as three hour entrance examination in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode to evaluate the candidates’ ability across various segments, for admission to the Masters (M.Pharma) program Courses in the Academic Session 2021-22. The participating Institutions of GPAT-2021 are the Institutions which will be accepting the GPAT Scores.
2) NTA does not verify the information provided by the candidates during online registration and hence candidature will be purely provisional subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria as per AICTE norms.
3) NTA has no role in counselling for admission to the Masters (M.Pharma) program. Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT-2021 Participating institutions with the GPAT Score 2021. Thereafter, each Participating Institute will release their respective cut off GPAT Scores which a candidate should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular Institution. Once qualified, the candidate will have to comply with the selection procedure of that particular Institution, which may comprise of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The final selection of the candidate will be based on the candidate’s performance in GD & PI.
4) Candidates are advised to read the details of the admission process of each Participating Institute of GPAT-2021 on their respective websites.
Scheme of Examination
1. Pattern of Examination
No. of Questions / Maximum Marks
Pharmaceutical Chemistry : 38/152
Pharmaceutics : 38/152
Pharmacognosy : 10/40
Pharmacology : 28/112
Other Subjects : 11/44
Total : Questions 125 , 500 Maximum Marks
2. Syllabus: The syllabus for the exam will be as per prescribed by AICTE.
3. Medium of Question Paper: The medium of Question Paper shall be in English only.
4. Marking Scheme:
i) Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
ii) For each correct response, candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
iii) For each incorrect response, 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
iv) Un-answered/un-attempted will be given no marks.
v) To answer a question, the candidate needs to choose one option as correct option.
vi) However, after the process of Challenges of the Answer Key, in case there are multiple correct options or change in key, only those candidates who have attempted it correctly as per the revised Answer key will be awarded marks.
vii) In case a Question is dropped due to some technical error, full marks shall be given to all the candidates who have attempted it.
Eligibility Criteria for GPAT-2021
1) The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students) or equivalent from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s Degree B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2021-22 can also apply for GPAT - 2021 Computer Based Test (CBT).
2) B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
3) There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT - 2021.
1. In the case of Institutes run by the Central Government, the reservation would be applicable as mentioned below:
(i) 15% of the seats Scheduled Castes (SC) candidates
(ii) 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates
(iii) 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates as per the Central List*
(iv) 10% of the seats for General Economically Weaker Sections (General - EWS) candidates
(v) Persons with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more disability
2. Each category will have 5% reservations for the candidates with 40% or more disability as defined in Section 2 (r) and (zc) of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016.
3. In the case of the Institutes run/aided/recognized by State Governments, the reservation policy of the respective State Governments shall be applicable.
1. GPAT 2021 is an Examination for Admission to Pharmacy (PG) Programme Courses for 2021-22 Academic Session.
2. Merely appearing in GPAT 2021 does not make a candidate qualified and eligible for admission in Institutions and it does not confer any automatic rights to secure a PG seat.
3. Online Registration begins on 23 December, 2020 onwards and must be completed by 22 January, 2021.
4. Fee can be deposited by the candidates till 23 January, 2021 upto 11:50 pm.
5. However, registered candidates can edit their particulars in certain field during the correction window between 25 January, 2021 to 30 January, 2021 upto 11:50 pm. No new registrations will be entertained during the correction period.
6. Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NTA/AICTE.
7. Before initiating registration process, candidates should go through the Information Bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, and pattern of examination etc. Any queries and other issues will only be entertained if the requested information is not given in the Information Bulletin.
8. Incomplete application, if not in accordance with instructions, will not be considered and is liable to be rejected. Applicant should carefully fill up all the fields during registration process correctly. Application cannot be modified/edited, after the closing of correction window period.
9. The Examination Fee once paid will neither be refunded nor be carried forward under any circumstances.
10. NTA/AICTE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in GPAT 2021 even though Admit Card/Registration number has been issued or is displayed on website.
11. Candidates must verify criteria of eligibility for admission from the respective institutions where they want to seek admission.
12. The existing schedule, pattern, policy and guidelines are for ready reference only but in no way, they are or are ought to be treated as representative or acknowledgment of fact that NTA/AICTE is bound to follow the same in future.
13. In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/terms and 10 conditions/ rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/ registration of candidates/information contained herein, the interpretation of the NTA/AICTE will be final and binding. 14. Requests shall not be entertained for change in date or subject of examination.
15. Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee. No further communication will be acknowledged in this regard.
16. Result for GPAT 2021 will be available on the website gpat.nta.nic.in only.
17. Candidates should ensure before applying for online registration that their degree is recognized as per provisions of AICTE. If it is found at any time that degree is not recognized, the candidature/result of the candidate shall be cancelled. 18 All the correspondence should be addressed by e-mail. The e-mail query shall be addressed only if it is not anonymous and contains the name, postal address and contact number of the sender. An e-mail containing vague or general queries and other queries as contained in the Information Bulletin shall not be entertained. Queries shall not be entertained from person claiming themselves to be representative, associates or officiates of the applicant candidate. 19. The following information shall not be revealed by phone or email: a. Internal documentation /status of NTA b. Internal decision-making process of NTA/AICTE, Any claim/counter claim thereof c. Dates and venue of internal meetings or name of the staff/officers dealing. d. Any information which in the opinion of NTA/AICTE cannot be revealed.
20. Terms & Conditions of GPAT 2021 as mentioned in the Information Bulletin shall apply.
21. GPAT 2021 will be conducted by NTA at exam centers engaged for the purpose. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the route and location of the exam centre. (Refer to Annexure IV for List of Exam cities)
22. Candidates are advised to look into the website gpat.nta.nic.in regularly for various information, updates and notices pertaining to GPAT 2021 examination.
23. Kindly note that by registering for the GPAT 2021, candidates are covered by Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). As per NDA, candidates cannot disclose any question or contents of question paper in part or otherwise with any person or party or website or such other media/publication. Any act in breach of the NDA shall be liable for penal action as per law. Kindly note that this is a punishable offence and shall lead to cancellation of candidature.
24. Candidates are deemed to have read, agreed and accepted the contents of 11 Information Bulletin and the terms and conditions in the information bulletin for GPAT 2021 on completing the registration/Online Application Form by the candidates.
25. Candidates can register for GPAT 2021 only once.
26. Possession/Use of mobile phone or any such electronic devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of GPAT 2021 Test Centers. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/ Use of Mobile phones/ Electronic devices.
27. The jurisdiction for court cases/disputes shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts at Delhi/New Delhi only.
Registration and Application Process
Instructions for filling online application form
1. Candidates have to apply for GPAT-2021 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website: gpat.nta.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
2. It is suggested that the candidate should keep the following ready before starting the filling of the application form:
• A computer with proper internet connectivity
• The particulars of a valid Government ID proof
• The Date of Birth (as mentioned in Class X Board Certificate)
• Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt IDs.
• Educational/Qualification details
• Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background
• Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
• PwD certificate (file size: 50kb to 300kb) in jpg/jpeg format
• List of City of your choice (Refer Annexure-IV for Cities)
• Bank account details for payment of fee.
• A valid e-mail Id as important communications will be made on this e-mail Id
• A valid mobile number as important information via SMS will be sent to this number
• A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account for ONLINE payment.
3. Information Bulletin should be downloaded and read carefully by the candidate to be sure about his/her eligibility and acquaint with requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
4. In order to avoid correction in the particulars in later stage, the candidate should exercise utmost caution before filling up correct details.
5. Follow following Steps may be followed to Apply Online:
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using own Email Id and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
Step-3: Upload scanned images of: (i) the recent photograph (file size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb - 30kb) (iii) PwD certificate (file size: 50kb to 300kb) in jpg/jpeg format
Step-4: Pay fee using Canara Bank/ICICI Bank/Paytm Payment Gateway through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI/Wallet and keep proof of fee paid. All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate timings.
The submission of Application of a candidate could be considered as successful and his/her candidature would be confirmed only on the successful transaction/receipt of the prescribed application fee from him/her.
Fee payable for GPAT – 2021
(through Credit Card /Debit Card (except Master/Visa Card) / Net-Banking/UPI)
General (UR) : Male- Rs 2000/-, Female- Rs 1000/-
Gen-EWS/ SC/ST/PwD /OBC-(NCL) : Male- Rs 1000/-, Female- Rs 1000/-, Transgender - Rs 1000/-
*Applicable service/processing charges & GST over and above the examination fee, are to be paid by the candidate to the concerned Bank/ Payment Gateway Integrator (For details, Annexure-I may be refer to).
EVENTS & DATES
Online registration and submission of Application Form (complete in all respect) through NTA Website : 23 December 2020 to 22 January, 2021
Last date for successful transaction of examination fee (through Canara/ ICICI Bank Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking & Paytm Payment Modes upto 11:50 pm) : 23 January, 2021
Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only : 25-30 January, 2021
Downloading of Admit Cards by the candidate’s from NTA website : To be accounced on the website
Date of Examination : 22/27 February 2021
Duration of Examination : 180 minutes (3.00 hours)
Timing of Examination : 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM OR 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Exam Centre : As indicated on the Admit Card
Display of Recorded Responses and Provisional Answer Keys on the Website for inviting challenges : To be announced later through website.
Declaration of Result on NTA Website : Will be intimated later through website.