The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) created as a Centre of Excellence for imparting higher education, research and development in pharmaceutical sciences and management is the first Institute of its kind in the country. The Institute was declared as an Institute of National Importance by Government of India through an Act of Parliament, notified on 26th June 1998. The Institute is a member of the Association of Indian Universities. During the years 2007 and 2008, Government of India established six more NIPERs
Masters - 102 Seats
Ph.D - 9 Seats
M.S.(Pharm)- 55 Seats
M.Pharm - 10 Seats
Ph.D - 04 Seats
Masters - 48
Ph.D - 06
Masters - 105
Ph.D - 16
M.B.A. (Pharm.) - 30
Masters - 29
Ph.D. - 1
M. S.(Pharm.) - 60
Ph.D. - 6
NIPER – S.A.S. NAGAR
Masters - 188
Ph.D. - 12
MBA (Pharm) - 42
ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Doctoral research programme of the institute is classified into the following three disciplines.
• CHEMICAL SCIENCES: Includes departments of i) Medicinal Chemistry ii) Natural Products iii) Pharmacy Practice. iv) Pharmaceutical Technology (Process Chemistry)
• BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES : Includes departments of i) Pharmacology and Toxicology ii) Biotechnology iii) Pharmacy Practice.
• PHARMACEUTICALSCIENCES: Includes departments of i) Pharmaceutical Analysis ii) Pharmaceutics iii) Medical Devices
M.S. (Pharm.) / M.Pharm. / M.Tech. (Pharm.) (Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Natural Products / Pharmacology & Toxicology/Regulatory Toxicology / Formulation / Biotechnology / Pharmaceutics/Phar macoinformatics); M.E. / M.Tech ./ M.Sc. (Pharmacology / Biotechnology / Nanotechnology / Computational Sciences /Biochemistry / Toxicology / Zoology / Physiology / Life Sciences / Microbiology /Organic Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry); M.D. (Pharmacology), M.V. Sc. (Pharmacology / Pathology / Biotechnology), MCA.
2. The seats available in various NIPERs/departments/disciplines include Institute funded and Government project funded fellowships. Details of seats will be displayed on website niperahm.ac.in separately.
3. Limited number of seats will also be available for candidates having their own fellowships from CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT/DST INSPIRE, RGNF etc. in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry; Pharmacology & Toxicology; Pharmaceutics; Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Technology (Process Chemistry), (Natural Products) etc. Candidates who have appeared for NET‐JRF Examination of the CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DBT/DST etc. in the above disciplines but are yet to get the result are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates will be required to produce the proof of having qualified the NET‐JRF examination at the time of interview.
4. Seats are available for Self‐Financing Foreign Nationals and Foreign Nationals under various scholarship schemes of the Ministry of Human Resource Development/Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. These seats are over and above the available seats mentioned above. Such candidates have to arrange for the clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India, before they can be admitted, if selected.
5. Seats are available for candidates sponsored by Government Departments, Research and Development organizations, Public Sector Undertakings/Reputed Pharmaceutical Enterprises.
6. Candidate should have passed the qualifying degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA of 6.75 on a 10 point scale wherever grades are awarded or equivalent as determined by Board of Studies and Research of NIPER (Percentage of marks or CGPA so calculated will be based on the norms fixed by the concerned University / Institution or aggregate marks or CGPA scored by the candidate for all years of the qualifying degree, in case University /Institution has not prescribed any norm for calculating such percentage or CGPA). Passing of GPAT/GATE/NET is an essential qualification except for the following categories of candidates.
1. Candidates holding M.D; M.V.Sc.
2. Foreign nationals.
3. Sponsored candidate from Government Departments, Research and Development organizations, Public Sector Undertakings/Reputed Pharmaceutical Enterprises.
For More Info Go Next Page...
Candidates appearing for final qualifying examinations may also apply but they must produce final result and mark sheet of qualifying degree on the day of Interview failing which their candidature will be summarily rejected. No plea/request shall be entertained.
1. Relaxation in CGPA to 6.25 on a 10‐point scale or in marks to 55% or equivalent in the eligibility criteria is allowed to SC and ST candidates.
2. Physically handicapped (PH) candidates are permitted relaxation in eligibility requirement of CGPA to 5.75 on a 10‐point scale or to 50% marks or equivalent. No other relaxation beyond this limit will be allowed even if they belong to SC/ST category.
3. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates should furnish a caste certificate signed by Tehsildar/ District Magistrate.
4. Physically handicapped candidates should furnish a medical certificate indicating a minimum of 40% of physical defect or deformity duly signed by a Medical Board and countersigned by Principal Medical Officer of a Government Hospital.
CANDIDATES SPONSORED BY GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS/RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATIONS/ PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS/ REPUTED PRIVATE PHARMACEUTICAL ENTERPRISES.
1. Reputed Private Pharmaceutical Enterprises shall mean “Industry/Government Sponsored, a Trust, a Private Limited Company, a partnership/LLP company. A self employed person/Small Scale entrepreneur having Drug Manufacturing License and 3 years experience of running Pharma Unit can sponsor himself and Income Tax Returns for 3 years should be provided for considering eligibility. Industry/Government Sponsored candidates should have an annual turnover of Rs. 100 Crores (for Private Limited Company); 10 Crores (for Partnership/Limited Liability Partnership Company); 2 Crores (for self employed) respectively. Besides above, candidate should be one whose Provident Fund is deducted by the employer
2. The sponsoring private sector undertakings will be accredited by the committee constituted for the purpose. Qualifying criteria shall be as per “Academic Programmes and Eligibility criteria”. Candidate should have relevant working experience of not less than two years from present employer and he/she will be required to pay fee as Industry/Government sponsored candidate for which a separate fee structure is given under Sec.9 “Fees and Payments”.
3. Candidate must submit a Sponsorship certificate from sponsoring organization in the form of an undertaking that the sponsored employee shall be treated on duty and paid his or her usual salary and allowances for the period of studies/research at this Institute. Such employees shall be fully relieved by the employer for studies/research. Certificate shall be provided in the format provided at Annexure‐2, along with the print out of the registration form. Certificate shall also make a mention of the fact that candidate has a relevant working experience of 2 years from his/her sponsoring employer’s organization after the qualifying degree. Candidate should have completed duration period on the day of application/online registration. A salary statement for these two years shall be required.
4. Candidates seeking admission on the basis of study leave must show proof to the effect that he/she will be/has been granted leave for the period of study in the Institute.
5. Where an employer wish to withdraw the sponsorship, such employer shall be required to give genuine reasons for the withdrawal. The student then will be given an opportunity to put forth his or her side of the issue. Where the Dean and Director are satisfied that the student has violated any terms and conditions of the agreement with the employer, such person shall cease to be student of the Institute. Where student has not violated any terms and conditions of the agreement with his employer, he or she shall be allowed to complete his or her studies. No fees shall be refunded in any situation.
6. No placement assistance is provided to the candidates sponsored by public/private sector undertakings, government departments, research and development organizations.
7. Selected Candidates shall be admitted to the programme, after he/she deposits fee for first semester in the shape of Demand Draft at the time of his/her admission (details of fee provided at Sec 9).
For More Info Go Next Page...
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN NATIONALS: Procedure of Admission
1. On the recommendation of Ministry of Human Resource Development/ Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India, eligible Foreign Nationals selected by the respective ministry under various scholarship schemes shall be considered for admission; and Eligible Self Financing Foreign Nationals shall be directly considered for admission by the Institute.
2. These candidates shall approach the Institute for admission with prior clearance from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India.
3. These seats shall be over and above the available seats
* The eligible candidates will be informed through foreign embassy in India.
* Selected candidates will be required to produce the medical report on HIV test from an authorized Medical Officer.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applicants shall register online on www.niperahm.ac.in as per instructions given on the website. The process of online registration shall commence on 01stApril 2019 onwards and will continue till15thMay 2019, 5.00 PM.
Instruction for Registration is available on niperahm.ac.in website
Registration Fee for
• Gen/OBC/PH Rs. 3000/‐
• SC/ST Rs. 1500/‐
Admission to the Ph.D. Programme will be based on the combined merit obtained by a candidate in the entrance examination and interview. Interview of the eligible candidates for the Ph.D. Programme will be conducted based on the merit in the entrance examination. The candidates have to report to the institute for Interview on scheduled date and time. Candidates will be allowed to participate in Interview, only if they are carrying requisite documents as mentioned in Sec 8“Documents to be submitted” of this brochure and have to show proof of having passed the qualifying degree examination. There will not be any waitlist of the candidates after filling up the seats post counselling.
See All Other Jobs in our Database