NIPER Joint Entrance Examination 2019 - for Masters and PhD
The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) created as a Centre of Excellence for imparting higher education, research and development in pharmaceutical sciences and management is the first Institute of its kind in the country. The Institute was declared as an Institute of National Importance by Government of India through an Act of Parliament, notified on 26th June 1998. The Institute is a member of the Association of Indian Universities. During the years 2007 and 2008, Government of India established six more NIPERs
Masters - 102 Seats
Ph.D - 9 Seats
M.S.(Pharm)- 55 Seats
M.Pharm - 10 Seats
Ph.D - 04 Seats
Masters - 48
Ph.D - 06
Masters - 105
Ph.D - 16
M.B.A. (Pharm.) - 30
Masters - 29
Ph.D. - 1
M. S.(Pharm.) - 60
Ph.D. - 6
NIPER – S.A.S. NAGAR
Masters - 188
Ph.D. - 12
MBA (Pharm) - 42
ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Doctoral research programme of the institute is classified into the following three disciplines.
• CHEMICAL SCIENCES: Includes departments of i) Medicinal Chemistry ii) Natural Products iii) Pharmacy Practice. iv) Pharmaceutical Technology (Process Chemistry)
• BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES : Includes departments of i) Pharmacology and Toxicology ii) Biotechnology iii) Pharmacy Practice.
• PHARMACEUTICALSCIENCES: Includes departments of i) Pharmaceutical Analysis ii) Pharmaceutics iii) Medical Devices
M.S. (Pharm.) / M.Pharm. / M.Tech. (Pharm.) (Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Natural Products / Pharmacology & Toxicology/Regulatory Toxicology / Formulation / Biotechnology / Pharmaceutics/Phar macoinformatics); M.E. / M.Tech ./ M.Sc. (Pharmacology / Biotechnology / Nanotechnology / Computational Sciences /Biochemistry / Toxicology / Zoology / Physiology / Life Sciences / Microbiology /Organic Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry); M.D. (Pharmacology), M.V. Sc. (Pharmacology / Pathology / Biotechnology), MCA.
2. The seats available in various NIPERs/departments/disciplines include Institute funded and Government project funded fellowships. Details of seats will be displayed on website niperahm.ac.in separately.
3. Limited number of seats will also be available for candidates having their own fellowships from CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT/DST INSPIRE, RGNF etc. in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry; Pharmacology & Toxicology; Pharmaceutics; Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Technology (Process Chemistry), (Natural Products) etc. Candidates who have appeared for NET‐JRF Examination of the CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DBT/DST etc. in the above disciplines but are yet to get the result are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates will be required to produce the proof of having qualified the NET‐JRF examination at the time of interview.
4. Seats are available for Self‐Financing Foreign Nationals and Foreign Nationals under various scholarship schemes of the Ministry of Human Resource Development/Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. These seats are over and above the available seats mentioned above. Such candidates have to arrange for the clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India, before they can be admitted, if selected.
5. Seats are available for candidates sponsored by Government Departments, Research and Development organizations, Public Sector Undertakings/Reputed Pharmaceutical Enterprises.
6. Candidate should have passed the qualifying degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA of 6.75 on a 10 point scale wherever grades are awarded or equivalent as determined by Board of Studies and Research of NIPER (Percentage of marks or CGPA so calculated will be based on the norms fixed by the concerned University / Institution or aggregate marks or CGPA scored by the candidate for all years of the qualifying degree, in case University /Institution has not prescribed any norm for calculating such percentage or CGPA). Passing of GPAT/GATE/NET is an essential qualification except for the following categories of candidates.
1. Candidates holding M.D; M.V.Sc.
2. Foreign nationals.
3. Sponsored candidate from Government Departments, Research and Development organizations, Public Sector Undertakings/Reputed Pharmaceutical Enterprises.
For More Info Go Next Page...