Job opening for Project Assistants (09 posts) at NIRRH | B.Pharm, M.Sc can apply
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), formerly known as Institute for Research in Reproduction is a premier research institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is situated in the vicinity of a number of hospitals and research institutes in central Mumbai. Since its inception in 1970, it has been making vigorous efforts to improve the reproductive health of people through research, education and health care services.
Post : Project Assistant
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following post to be filled purely on temporary basis initially for a period of 1 year (to be extended on yearly basis for 4 years) under the Wellcome Trust DBT India Alliance project “Clinical phenotypes and genetic regulation of endometriosis in Indian women”.
No of posts : 09
One Project Assistant vacancy at each of following study sites
1. Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh, Assam.
2. Spectrum Clinic and Endoscopy Research Center, Kolkata, West Bengal.
3. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Basni, Jodhpur Rajasthan.
4. King George Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
5. Government Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
6. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
7. Kasturba Medical College & Hospital, Manipal, Karnataka.
8. Credence Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala.
9. ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• Graduate in Science/Pharma/relevant subjects from a Qualifications recognized university with one-year work experience from a recognized Institution
• Master’s degree in Statistics / Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / Microbiology / relevant subjects Candidates who have written the final year examination of M.Sc., but are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
• Teaching/Research experience in reputed institution
• Experience of counselling patients, working experience in Hospital/Clinic
• Proficiency in internet applications & communication skills
• Regional language knowledge and candidates residing in the participating study sites area will be given preference
• Experience of molecular biology techniques will be preferred
Age : Not more than 28 years on closing date of advertisement (31.07.2019) for General Category. Age relaxation of 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/Differently abled/Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates will be granted.
Nature of duties
• To assist the Collaborator in preparation of all necessary documents required for Ethics Committee, progress reports etc. under the supervision of Collaborator at participating study site.
• Coordination of project activities and implementation of project at participating study site.
• To assist the Collaborator for recruitment of study participants, data collection, data entry, quality control etc.
• To conduct the experimental work of the study including blood separation, labelling and monitor the storage of clinical samples.
• To assist collaborator for timely transportation of copies of data collection instruments, timely entry of data into electronic database and transportation of samples to ICMR- NIRRH, Mumbai by designated courier company.
• Participate in video/telephone meeting with Pi’s, Collaborators in abroad and Research team at all participating study sites to review the progress and ensure adherence to protocol.
• To provide regular compliance to Research team at PI laboratory at ICMR-NIRRH for maintaining the centralized clinical and genomic database at ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai
• To assist in any other works related to the project or other scientific/technical activities
Consolidated Emoluments : Rs. 16,000/-per month (fixed) for 1st and 2nd Year Rs. 18,000/- per month (fixed) for 3rd and 4th year
Tenure : One year (to be extended on yearly basis for 4 years)
Place of work : Candidates will be posted at the participating study sites in Dibrugarh, Kolkata, Jodhpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Raipur, Manipal and Trivandrum.
For More Info Go Next Page...