Walk in : Vacancy in NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF VIROLOGY as Junior Research Fellow
The Virus Research Center (VRC), Pune came into existence in 1952 under the joint auspices of the ICMR and the Rockefeller Foundation, as a part of the global programme of investigations on the arthropod-borne group of viruses. In view of its expanded scope and activities, the VRC was redesignated as the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in 1978.
The NIV is identified today as the WHO Collaborating Center for arboviruses reference and hemorrhagic fever reference and research. NIV is also the National Monitoring Center for Influenza, Japanese encephalitis, Rota , Measles and Hepatitis.
Applications are invited for the following vacancies purely on temporary basis at Kerala Unit renewable annually under Non- Institutional ad-hoc projects to be filled in through Walk-in Interview as indicated below: -
Post: Junior Research Fellow
Recovery of infectious Chandipura virus entirely from cDNA clones and its application in vaccine development. (DBT) - till July 2013
CONSOLIDATED SALARY [FIXED] P.M.: Rs. 12,000/-Plus HRA as per rules
1. Post graduate degree in Microbiology/ Biotechnology
2. Qualified the CSIR/ UGC /ICMR National Entrance Test (NET) for Lectureship
1. Hands on experience in molecular biology techniques like Nucleic acid isolation, PCR, molecular cloning etc.
2. Knowledge of computer applications and bioinformatics tools.
1. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH Candidates will be as per Govt. of India norms.
2. Qualification & experience should be from an organization of repute.
3. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee for the selection.
4. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
5. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Candidates must bring along with them all the relevant documents in original and one set of attested photocopies of the same and one passport size recent colour photograph. No TA / DA will be paid for attending the interview and candidates have to make their own arrangement.
Date & Time: 09 July 2012 from 09.00 to 12.00 hrs.
Place : National Institute of Virology Kerala Unit,
E-Block, IInd Floor, Medical College Hospital Complex,
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.