All-India Institute of Medical Sciences was established as an institution of national importance by an Act of Parliament with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India; to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.
The PGIMER owes its inception to the vision of late Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, the then Chief Minister of Punjab and the distinguished medical educationists of the then combined state of Punjab, supported by the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru who considered the institutions of scientific knowledge as temples of learning and the places of pilgrimage.
The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) is one of India's oldest and finest educational institutions, which provides a steady source of highly skilled talent to the nation as well as overseas. Founded in 1956 with a campus spread across sprawling 250 acres, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, located in Patiala, has been a pioneer in engineering education, research and innovation.
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous institute under the administrative control of Govt. of Odisha. In 2002, it was taken over by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. The Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee dedicated the institute to the nation in July 2003. Institute of Life Sciences has a broad vision of carrying out high-quality multidisciplinary research in the area of life sciences. The goal is for overall development and betterment of human health, longevity, agriculture and environment. The stated mission of the institution is to work towards upliftment of the human society and generate skilled human resources for future India.
Established in 1889, the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) is one of the premier research institutions dedicated to livestock research and development of the region. The institute with faculty strength of more than 275 has a major mandate of research, teaching, consultancy and technology transfer activities. The institute with its long scientific heritage has always enjoyed a certain prestige, a tradition all of its own.
The University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Panjab University is a premier institution of Pharmaceutical Education and Research in the country. The institute has covered a long and glorious journey of 76 years starting from Lahore in 1944 and finally settling to the present campus in Chandigarh at the foothills of Himachal. In its travelogue, the institute crossed multiple milestones and continue to head ahead towards the well-defined goals.
IIT Hyderabad is one among the 2nd generation of IITs started by the Govt. of India. Today IITH offers 9 B.Tech programs, 16 M.Tech programs, 3 M.Sc programs, 5 M.Phil programs, 1 M.Des program and Ph.D. programs in all branches of engineering, science, liberal arts and design. The very foundation of IIT Hyderabad is based on research and innovation. The vibrant research culture is evident from the number of patents and publications that IITH has.
JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty was established in 1980 with a view to provide job oriented professional courses in Pharmacy, The College and the JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research (JSS AHER), formerly known as JSS University are accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with `A+` Grade.
The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, for a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune Campus, Pune, NCCS invites applications for following posts purely on temporary basis on the various extramural projects
This Institute came into existence on 1st April,1976 when the India Centre of JALMA was officially handed over to the Govt. of India and subsequently to the Indian Council of Medical Research. This was named as Central JALMA Institute for Leprosy in 1976 and has been renamed as "National Jalma Institute of Leprosy and other Mycobacterial Diseases" in 2005 to reflect its broader research areas.