Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad is a premier R&D Institute in India. The Institute had its origin as the Central Laboratories for Scientific & Industrial Research (CLSIR), established in 1944 by the then Government of Hyderabad State. After integration of Hyderabad State with the Indian Union, the laboratory expanded with its growing activities. The main building was formally opened by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the then Prime Minister of India on January 2, 1954. In 1956, the Central Laboratories came under the aegis of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi and was renamed Regional Research Laboratory, Hyderabad (RRL-H).
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali (Punjab), an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been established under the umbrella of NANO MISSION, initiated by DST to boost research and development in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in India. INST started its activities on 3rd January 2013, the date on which its first Director was appointed. The institute is currently operating from its transit campus at Habitat Centre, Sector-64, Phase-X, Mohali, Punjab.
Manipal, today, is a knowledge powerhouse and a brand name in higher education. Over five and half decades ago, one man, Dr Tonse Madhava Anantha Pai, had a vision which ensured that everything he did then, was consigned to posterity, making sure that generation after generation of students enjoy the fruits of his labour till eternity on this lateritic plateau. And the students will, forever, have one name on their lips, that of Manipal.
The Human Resource Development (HRD) Group of COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH (CSIR), New Delhi, provides opportunities to bright young men and women in the form of direct Senior Research Fellowships (SRFs) and Research Associateships (RAs) for training in methods of research under the expert guidance of faculty members/scientists working in universities, laboratories and institutes of Government Departments and recognised laboratories of industry in various fields of science and technology.
The PGIMER owes its inception to the vision of late Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, the then Chief Minister of Punjab and the distinguished medical educationists of the then combined state of Punjab, supported by the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru who considered the institutions of scientific knowledge as temples of learning and the places of pilgrimage. The institute started in 1962 and Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru inaugurated the hospital now named “Nehru Hospital” on 7th July 1963. The Institute was originally under the Government of undivided Punjab.
Post : SRF
The Central Research institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM), Hyderabad- a decentralized institute functioning under the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), MINISTRY OF AYUSH, Government of India. It was established in December, 1971 under the erstwhile Central Council for Research Indian Medicine and Homeopathy (CCRIMH), which was set up in 1969. On the split of the CCRIUMH into four independent Councils in 1978, the CRIUM, Hyderabad continued functioning under the CCRUM) with the objective of undertaking scientific research on various aspects of Unani system of medicine.
The jurisdiction of S. D. Agricultural University is Seven Districts of North Gujarat region viz., Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Mehsana, Patan, Gandhinagar, Kachchh and Aravalli. SDAU is established for the better development of Agriculture and allied sectors in the North Gujarat Agro-climatic Zone. The SDAU is aimed to serve the agricultural interest for the economic development of the farming community of North Gujarat region. S. D. Agricultural University has 8 colleges, 28 Research Stations and 3 KVKs in the jurisdiction.
Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine (CSTM), is one of the seven such Institutions dedicated to research, care and cure of tropical diseases. CSTM was founded by Sir Leonard Rogers way back in 1914. The corridors of CSTM had regular footfall of eminent researchers like Leonard Rogers, Ronald Ross, R Knowels, UN Brahmachari, JB Chatterjee, RN Chopra and many others. The foundation stone of the Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine was laid by the Governor. Lord Carmichael in the year 1914 on 24th February at the initiative of Sir Leonard Rogers.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
The history of Jamia Hamdard begins with the establishment of a small Unani clinic in the year 1906 by Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed, one of the well-known practitioners of Unani System of Medicine of his time. Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed had a vision of making the practice of Unani Medicine into a scientific discipline so that Unani medicines could be dispensed in a more efficacious manner to patients.
Pharmacopoeial Laboratory for Indian Medicine (PLIM) is a subordinate office of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, (Deptt. of AYUSH), Govt. of India. This laboratory is a Standards Setting cum Drugs Testing Laboratory at National Level for Indian Medicines which include drugs of Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha systems.
Post : Senior Research Fellow