You are hereOpenings for Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor @ Anna University
Openings for Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor @ Anna University
Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and allied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society.Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained therefrom, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities.The University was formed by bringing together and integrating two well-known technical institutions in the city of Madras.
The Anna University ,which is of the affiliated type is a member of the Association of Indian Universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities and Partner of UNESCO International Center for Engineering Education (UICEE). UGC have accredited Anna University with Five Star Status in 2002 which is the highest rating. With proven capabilities both in academic and research areas, Anna University was able to receive this honour for a period of five years for excellence in Technical Education.
Professor - Pharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmaceutical Engineering / Pharmaceutical Technology.
Associate Professor- Pharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmaceutical Engineering / Pharmaceutical Technology / Infectious Diseases / Proteomics & Genomics / Bio-organic Chemistry / Applied Chemistry.
Associate Professor - M.Sc. Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Analytical / Organic / Inorganic / Physical Chemistry Ph.D. qualification in any relevant field in Chemistry.
Assistant Professor - M.Sc. Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Analytical / Organic / Inorganic / Physical Chemistry Ph.D. qualification in any relevant field in Chemistry.
Pay Band + AGP
Professor : Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 10000
Associate Professor/Deputy Librarian : Rs.37400-67000 + AGP 9000
Assistant Professor/Assistant University Librarian Grade I : Rs.15600-39100 + AGP 6000
The Pay carries DA, HRA, CCA and Medical Allowance as admissible at the rates in force from time to time.
Appointees will be governed by the CPS only. However, the internal candidates will be governed by GPF/CPS, as the case may be.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
1. Completed applications along with a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- in the case of Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of the Registrar, Anna University Chennai and dated not earlier than 24.01.2011 should be sent to the REGISTRAR, ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI - 600 025 by Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due or by Courier Mail and the envelope containing the application should be superscribed on the left hand top corner as “Application for the post of ____________________”. The last date for the receipt of the completed application is 07.02.2011 by 5.00 p.m.
2. The University is not responsible for any postal delay / loss in transit of the application.
3. The completed application may also be dropped in the box at the Tapal Section at the Administrative Building of the University.
4. Separate application should be filed for each post.
5. Applications from candidates who are employed will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel or a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer is produced at the time of interview.
6. Candidates are required to forward their applications in the prescribed form, accompanied by copies of degree certificate and other academic distinctions, transfer certificate from the Institution last studied, reprints of publications, evidence of age, professional experience, present position, and salary drawn.
7. If a qualified and suitable woman candidate belonging to SC, ST, MBC, BC or GT is not available for selection for appointment against the vacancy reserved for women in the advertisement it shall go to a male candidate within the respective category, who is eligible and found suitable for the post by the selection committee.
8. If no qualified and suitable candidates belonging to SC (Arunthathiyar) are available the seat reserved for SC(A) will be filled up by other SC members on merit basis.
9. Applications incomplete in any respect and those received after the due date will be rejected.
10. Applications from persons who do not possess the minimum prescribed qualification for the post will be summarily rejected.
11. Interim correspondence in connection with the application will not be entertained.
12. Appointment on deputation basis will not be considered under any circumstances.
13. In case, the number of applications received is 5 times more than the number of vacancies, a test will be conducted, to shortlist the candidates.
14. Applicants should be prepared to come for a test and interview / interview at Chennai at their own cost.
15. Requests for change of date of test / interview will not be considered.
16. Candidates will be asked to give a short lecture as a part of interview in order to judge the communication skills and presentation capabilities.
17. The decision of the Syndicate on the recommendation of the Selection Committee shall be final and no appeal or correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
18. If the interview for any post notified above could not be conducted by the University for any reasons, the cost of application shall be refunded to the candidates concerned.
19. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Prescribed application form, together with information and instructions to the candidates, containing the details of qualification, field of specialization, etc. The candidates shall send the application duly enclosing a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates) dated not earlier than 24.01.2011 along with the required enclosures to the Registrar, Anna University, Chennai-25.
Last date for the receipt of completed application is 07.02.2011 by 5.00 p.m.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.