The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar) with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907. The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute. Following a devastating earth quake on 15th January 1934, the institute was shifted to Delhi on 29th July 1936.
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition. Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires following research personnel purely on temporary basis.
Manipal, today, is a knowledge powerhouse and a brand name in higher education. Over five and half decades ago, one man, Dr Tonse Madhava Anantha Pai, had a vision which ensured that everything he did then, was consigned to posterity, making sure that generation after generation of students enjoy the fruits of his labour till eternity on this lateritic plateau. And the students will, forever, have one name on their lips, that of Manipal.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is a dynamic growth oriented organization established to facilitate and promote studies and research in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education. The University imparts education in the field of Engineering, Science, Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences etc. at Graduate, Post-Graduate, and Doctorate Level under its various Schools.
The seed for the establishment and growth of TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876, when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college in the year 1903 (01.10.1903), when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College)
The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar) with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907. The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute.
A walk-in-interview will be held at Division of Plant Physiology, ICAR-IARI New Delhi to fill the temporary positions in the funded projects purely on contractual basis
NICED moved from the rented premises at No. 3 Kyd Street to its own establishment at P-33, C.I.T. Road, Scheme XM, Beliaghata, Kolkata 700010, adjacent to the Infectious Diseases Hospital. The unique feature of this Institute is that it conducts basic research and applied clinical and epidemiological research on diarrhoeal diseases under the same roof. This Institute has its basic science set up with well equipped, modern technological facilities in different disciplines such as bacteriology, virology, parasitology, biochemistry, pathophysiology, molecular biology, electron microscopy, immunology and biochemistry.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
Bose Institute was set up in 1917 by Sir JC Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent. It is Asia's first modern research centre devoted to interdisciplinary research and bears a century old tradition of research excellence. Bose Institute is Asia's first modern research centre devoted to interdisciplinary research. Since inception, the Institute has been visited by numerous stalwarts, such as the writer Aldous Huxley (1926), heads of foreign states like King Albert I of Belgium (1925) and President Brezhnev of USSR (1959).
Post : Research Associate / Senior Research Fellow
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali (Punjab), an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been established under the umbrella of NANO MISSION, initiated by DST to boost research and development in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in India. INST started its activities on 3rd January 2013, the date on which its first Director was appointed. The institute is currently operating from its transit campus at Habitat Centre, Sector-64, Phase-X, Mohali, Punjab.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), formerly known as Institute for Research in Reproduction is a premier research institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is situated in the vicinity of a number of hospitals and research institutes in central Mumbai. Since its inception in 1970, it has been making vigorous efforts to improve the reproductive health of people through research, education and health care services.
Post : Sr. Research Follow (SRF)