National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to provide technical assistance and capacity-building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design. NHSRC intends to recruit Junior Consultants for its Community Processes/Comprehensive Primary Health Care Division, purely on a contractual basis.
Post : Consultant – Community Processes / Comprehensive Primary Healthcare, NHSRC
If you have a commitment to health equity and excellence, here is a unique chance to work with a team committed to shaping the public health landscape in India. The position offers you an opportunity to participate in the process of strengthening health systems, improving health service delivery and enabling positive health outcomes, through hands on implementation assistance at National, State and District levels. Working with a transdisciplinary team, you can discover, adapt, co-create and disseminate solutions to multiple challenges related to service delivery systems, universal primary health care, human resources for health, community processes, health financing, quality of care, public health planning and health promotion.
This is an opportunity to support health systems strengthening at scale, learn from district and sub district implementation, undertake knowledge translation, and enable realization of the vision of universal health coverage.
Qualification & Experience
i) Essential :
• Medical Graduate including AYUSH/ BSc/ Bachelor’s in Social Science/ Nursing/ Pharmacy with MD Community Medicine/ MPH/ MBA (Health Management/ Health Administration)/ Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management/ MBA (Developmental Studies)/ MSW/ MA Social Sciences/ Post Graduation in Nutrition degree with at least 3(three) years of experience in Public Health/ Community Health and Health Systems, after post-graduation.
• Experience in undertaking research, capacity building and working with health systems in the public health system.
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to use the internet for desk research, literature review and accessing other relevant documents.
• Excellent data analytical skills, documentation, communication and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and or Hindi.
i) Desirable :
• Working knowledge of other major regional languages
• Clinical experience is considered desirable but not essential.
• Experience in undertaking research reports and writing training modules on health for community platforms
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Demonstrated experience in working with NGO led Primary Health Care/Community Health Worker programs/state-level public health programmes/Grassroot level
Roles & Responsibilities :
Direct support to selected states as allocated, for implementation of Community Processes (CP) and Comprehensive Primary Health Care(CPHC) programme. Key functions include:
• Support states in implementing Community Processes (CP) interventions and Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC) components services including operationalizing HWCs as required at National and State Level.
• Support states in rolling out all components of the Health and Wellness Center teams by enabling the translation of policy into the programme, enabling adaption to varying contexts.
• Draft technical and operational guidelines related to Community Processes and Comprehensive Primary Health Care
• Undertake capacity building, policy support and research for implementing interventions at community and AB-HWCs
• Support the strengthening of the district and state-level training sites/ programme study centres and ASHA certification process.
• Help states plan the scaling up of the Bridge Course for Mid-Level Health Providers and the processes for ASHA certification.
• Provide hands-on, field-based support at state and district levels for training, performance monitoring, and strengthening support structures for improving Health and Wellness centre teams and of ASHA, VHSNC/MAS, Jan Arogya Samitis, Panchayat Raj Institutions and Self-Help Groups.
• Assess and document state and district level innovations in CP/CPHC for scaling up.
• Support the process of development of IT tools for the primary health care teams to support the delivery of CPHC services and online portal to support planning and monitoring of CP-CPHC.
• Support states in implementing, training and supportive supervision including intersectoral convergence for platforms created for public participation- Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition Committees (VHSNC), Mahila Arogya Samitis (MAS), and Rogi Kalyan Samitis (RKS).
• Undertake periodic field visits to states and districts to review programme implementation in the States. Identify implementation challenges and support states in charting appropriate solutions.
• Enable linkages with appropriate public health/research/academic/technical support institutions for technical support on CP/CPHC at the State/District Level.
• Contribute to writing programme specific operational guidelines; technical and policy briefs, training material, reports, case studies, monitoring checklists/protocols etc.
• Support in undertaking operational research and impact assessments for improving the design of CP and CPHC interventions.
• Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Advisor/Community Processes
Age Limit : Up to 40 Years (as on the date of receiving the application)
Work Location : New Delhi; Opportunity to gain hands on experience of public health canvas of states and districts. Travel to states and districts may be involved.
Remuneration Range : Between Rs. 60,000/- to Rs. 1,20,000/-
*Fee offered within the band will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Other Benefits : In addition to the renumeration mentioned above, Consultants of NHSRC are entitled to Free Accidental insurance, Subsidized Medical insurance (Pending Approval from MoH&FW), Mobile bills reimbursement, Laptop reimbursement (As per NHSRC Policy), 30 days Consolidated leave, fully paid Maternity leave (For Female Consultants) as per Government of India policy, performance linked increments, TA/ DA and per diem for on-duty visits.
Duration of Contract : Contract till 31st March 2025 (further extensions of similar duration,subject to satisfactory performance)
Candidates selected in this interview could be considered for other vacant positions at NHSRC requiring similar skill sets and at appropriate level.
How to apply : Candidates are requested to fill the online application correctly which is available on the NHSRC website (nhsrcindia.org). Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only.
The last date for receiving applications is 5th December 2023.
Job Code : C-CP
See All Other Jobs in our Database