Proteoform Scientific Inc. is a Canadian-based developer and manufacturer of devices and solutions for the growing field of proteomics research. Our products help researchers improve sample preparation workflows for better analysis.
Post : Senior Scientist
Proteoform Scientific is seeking a full-time Senior Scientist to join our team. Based in our headquarters and laboratory facilities in Halifax, NS, this is a unique opportunity in the growing proteomics sector. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Scientist will work collaboratively with internal teams in a results-driven environment. We are seeking a mid to senior level candidate with hands-on experience that will set-up and manage our laboratory, lead quality assurance programs, participate in new product research and development activities, and serve as a key science and proteomics resource to support customers and sales and business development initiatives.
• Set-up and manage the Company's laboratory facilities and all projects and activities within this environment, including:
* Leading the development of work-plans that specify a clear approach and timelines for achieving assigned project objectives.
* Monitor projects from initiation through delivery.
* Provide scientific and technical interpretation and inputs for project teams.
• Participate in designing and managing an ongoing quality program for all Proteoform Scientific products, including:
* Performing protein sample preparation processes and interpreting results to ensure quality standards are being met.
* Designing and executing troubleshooting experiments.
• Provide scientific recommendations to continuously advance and improve our current and future products.
• Contribute to product lifecycle management and new product discovery, planning, and development.
• Proactively recommend and implement novel approaches to internal laboratory processes to help the Company achieve efficiencies.
• Write scientific reports and prepare content for presentations and publications including scientific posters, user guides, FAQs, and application notes for both academic and commercial streams of the proteomics community.
• An M.Sc. combined with significant work experience or a Ph.D. in analytical or protein chemistry, proteomics, genomics or related field.
• A minimum of three years of experience in a life sciences, biotech or pharmaceutical organization. Proteomics industry experience would be considered an asset.
• Excellent knowledge base in protein chemistry, molecular biology, and mass spectrometry.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills are essential.
• Ability to prioritize, organize workload, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic emerging growth environment.
• Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Experience : 03 Years
Qualification : M.Sc, Ph.D
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
End Date : 10th December, 2019
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com by December 10, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
See All Other Jobs in our Database