Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conductinnovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into products to improve human health.
Post : Program Officer, THSTI-WHO Program (01 post)
Name of the project : Technical support for building capacity of clinical trials in India (Phase 1) [WHO program (2023/1343937-2; under Dr. Sucheta Banerjee Kurundkar]
Emoluments : INR 66,000 (Consolidated) monthly
Age : Up to 40 years
Employment : Contractual
Duration : 12 months
Minimum Educational Qualification and Experience
• Master’s degree in Science / Pharma from a recognized university OR Bachelor’s degree in Medicine / Dentistry
• Minimum 5 years’ experience at a mid-level in managing programme for Clinical/healthcare or pharmacy area
• Demonstrated working proficiency in managing a LMS based program
Desirable qualifications & work experience
• Higher qualifications in Science/Pharmacy/Dentistry/ Medicine
• Knowledge of core area – Clinical trial
• Experience in training domain
• Experience of working with Clinical Trials Network (CTN) for capacity building
• Experience of working with various digital technologies used in LMS based self-paced online courses
• Knowledge of recording lectures, formatting, IT support, beta testing, etc.
• Coordination with various faculty in the development of an online course (self-paced)
• Sound technical knowledge of working with Learning Management System(LMS), ability to verify the validated LMS
• Sound technical knowledge on working with Mobile apps (android & iOS)
• Experience in possessing an interdisciplinary approach to course developmenta
• Basic knowledge of clinical trials
• Excellent management, interpersonal, networking skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal & writing
• Proficient in computers and other IT skills
• Ability to prepare concept notes, course curriculum & policy documents, technical reports, budgeting, and forge successful collaborations
Day-to-day management of this project which includes but is not limited to development as well as coordination.
• Meetings and discussions on course development
• Design and development of presentation template, course-related guidelines, and various checklists.
• Identifying the clinical trial sites from the established clinical trials network already created, and supported by DBT (BIRAC-CTN) & ICMR (INTENT)
• Develop self- assessment tool based on a gap analysis with the help of experts
• Discuss with domain experts to evaluate the training needs.
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice, Current ethical requirements, Current regulatory requirements, Pharmacy setup and IMP handling, Quality management.
• Conduct face-to-face or online training programs with selected clinical trial sites (optional, if needed)
• Support Course AdvisoryGroup (CAG)
• Micro-planning, and management per topic with each resource person andCAG member (assigned per topic)
• Maintaining documentation and records – as per the requirements of the course including any changes needed from time to time
• Coordination of any changes or enhancements in the course developmentand drafting of necessary documents
• Creating storylines and case studies for animation-related tasks. Workingwith IT to get the course-related technical animations
• Overseeing and drafting notes and reports, MOU, related to the course development
• Contribute as a Course Secretariat and represent THSTI in THSTI-WHO e- learning course developments and capacity building of clinical trial centre
• Create awareness about the course to be launched on LMS through thewebsites, social platforms, and other outreach avenues.
• Ensure that the course is being developed and run-in accordance with thegeneral partnering organizations guidelines.
• Meetings and continuous follow-ups with animation, 3-d graphics related tasks
• Deal with any problem identified with respect to the course development with resource persons.
• Support the quality assurance of other courses within the team by providing constructive feedback on course materials and assessments in development.
• Monitor the progress of the course according to timelines
• Where appropriate, take on program development work to support the achievement of the team’s aim.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: -
a) This is short-term positions and extension will be granted subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbents and tenure of the project for which they are selected. Those appointed to these positions will not have any claim for regularization of their employment.
b) All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
c) The experience requirement specified above shall be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications specified for the post.
d) The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise suitable.In case candidates are not found suitable for the posts notified, they can be offered lowerpost / lower emoluments on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
e) Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates: 1. By five years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities. 2. By three years for candidates belonging to OBC communities. 3. For Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) falling under the following categories: (i) UR - ten years, ii) OBC - 13 years (iii) SC/ST - 15 4. Age is relaxable for Central Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time-to-time. 5. Thereis no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated as departmental candidates. 6. For Ex- servicemen up to the extent of service rendered in defense forces (Army, Navy & Air force) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service.
f) All results will be published on our website and all future communications will be only through email.
g) In case a large number of applications are received, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualification and experience.
h) With regard to any provisions not covered in this notification, the bye laws of THSTI / Govt. of India rules / guidelines shall prevail.
i) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
j) You are requested to bring 2 passport size photograph & one set of photocopy of your education/qualification certificate/documents along with the originals at the time of interview
Interested candidates fulfilling the criteria as mentioned above may walk-in for written test/skill test/interview on 31st July 2023 @02:30 PM at THSTI, NCR Biotech Science Cluster, 3rd Milestone, Faridabad-Gurugram Expressway, Faridabad – 121001.
Note - The candidate must report by 01:30 PM to be interviewed otherwise the candidate will not be interviewed by the selection committee.
See All Other Jobs in our Database