Applications are invited through the prescribed online method for the recruitment of the post of Senior Scientific Officer, General State Service, Group-A cadre under the Department of Public Health, Government of Maharashtra.
Post : Senior Scientific Officer
No of posts : 02
Pay Scale :- S-20 Rs.56,100/- to Rs.1,77,500/- plus admissible allowances as per rules.
Qualification & Experience : Subject to such modifications, if any, as may be made hereafter by the Government of India in the qualifications and experience prescribed for the post of Public Analyst under the Prevention of Food Adulteration Rules, 1955, possess –
(1) Possess a degree in Science with Chemistry or Bio-chemistry or Food Technology or Food and Drugs or an equivalent qualification recognized and notified by Government of India for the purpose of the Prevention of Food Adultheration Rules, 1955 and experience of not less than five years in the analysis of food gained after graduation; or
(2) Possess a Master’s degree in Chemistry or Bio-chemistry or Food Technology or Micro-biology or Food and Drugs or an Associateship of the Institution of Chemists (India) by examination in the section of Analysis of Food conducted by the Institution of Chemists (India) or an equivalent qualification recognized and notified by the Government of India for the purpose of Pravention of Food Adulteration Rules, 1955 and, experience of not less than three years in the analysis of food gained after post-graduation
(3) As per feedback received vide Government letter, Public Health Department, No. Namni-1420/P.No.131/Seva-2, dated 28th September, 2021 (A) Possess a degree in Science with Chemistry or Bio-chemistry or Food Technology or Food and Drugs or an equivalent qualification equivalent qualification means a degree in Chemistry or Bio-Chemistry or Food Technology or Microbiology or Dairy/Oil, Veterinary Science recognized and notified by the Government of India for purpose of Prevention of food Adulteration rules 1955 Acceptable A dam would be appropriate. Also candidates must have passed Public Analyst / Food Analyst exam.
(B) Master's degree in Chemistry or Bio-chemistry or Food Technology or Micro-biology or Food and Drugs or equivalent qualification 14 equivalent qualification means a Master Degree in Chemistry (in branches of Physical/Organic/Inorganic/Analytical Chemistry) and Dairy / Oil, Verternary Sciences educational qualification should be considered. Also the candidate must have passed Public Analyst / Food Analyst examination. Also Associate ship of institution of Chemistry (India) by examination in the section of Analysis of food conducted by the institution of Chemist (India) this examination M.Sc. This master's degree should be considered equivalent to this educational qualification. According to the provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 Examinations and Act, 2011, "Public Analyst" has been replaced by "Food Analyst". Therefore, instead of Public Analyst, "Food Analyst" " (Food Analyst) designation is equivalent to each other.
• Have been declared qualified for appointment as Public Analysts by a Board appointed and notified by the Government of India for such purpose;
• Possess intimate knowledge of standards and composition of food, water and effluents; and
• Possess administrative experience for not less than one year in a responsible post;
• Provided that a person who is a Public Analyst on the date of commencement of the Prevention of Food Adulteration (Amendment) Rules, 1980 or who has worked as a Public Analyst for a period of three years before such commencement shall be eligible for appointment even though he does not possess the qualifications and experience laid down in sub-clause 9.1
Preferential Eligibility:- Provided further that preference may be given to candidates having higher post graduate qualification of experience (including research experience) or both in food analysis and food composition or allied subject as evidenced by published papers.
Date of Computation of Educational Qualification:-
Applicants must possess the relevant educational qualification by the prescribed last date for submission of applications as per the advertisement presented.
The period of experience will be calculated on the last date prescribed for submission of applications as per the advertisement presented.
Regarding Experience Claims:-
It is mandatory for the candidate to mention Nature of Job Analysis of food in order to qualify as per the experience claims as per the advertisement presented while making various forms of claims or updating the claims through the Commission's online application system. Otherwise, the application will not be accepted through the online application system.
1. The educational qualification, experience etc. qualification mentioned in the advertisement is minimum and the candidate will not be eligible to be called for interview for holding the minimum qualification.
2. If the number of applications received pursuant to the advertisement is in excess of what is reasonable as per the provisions of the Commission's Rules of Procedure and it is not convenient to interview all the qualified candidates who have submitted applications, the educational qualification and/or experience or other appropriate criteria in excess of the educational qualification and/or experience mentioned in the advertisement in order to limit the number of candidates for interview. Based on these or screening test the number of candidates eligible for interview will be limited.
3. Qualification and/or experience shall not be relaxed if it is decided to conduct screening test.
4. Syllabus, medium of examination and other matters (if applicable) of screening examination will be published on the website of the Commission.
5. In case of Screening Exam, marks in Screening Exam and Interview marks will be taken into consideration together and if Screening Exam is not held, candidate will be recommended on the basis of Interview marks only.
6. Only candidates securing minimum 41% marks and above in interview will be considered for recommendation. 12.7 The entire selection process for service recruitment will be carried out as per the provisions of the Administrative Officers (Service Entry Rules) 2002 or subsequent amendments made by the Government from time to time as well as the Rules of Procedure as amended by the Commission from time to time.
Unreserved (Open) - Rs.719/-
Backward Classes / Economically Weaker Sections / Orphans / Handicapped - Rs.449/-
In addition to the above examination fees, bank charges and taxes payable thereon shall be additional.
Examination fee is non-refundable.
After clicking on the 'Submit and Pay fees' button which is available after completion of the application submission steps or by clicking on 'Pay Now' in front of advertisement/post/examination where the current status of 'Fees not Paid' is written in the list of applied posts under 'My Account' on the home page. Exam fee can be paid by clicking on the link.
Examination fee can be paid in two ways
(a) Online Mode :-
(1) Examination fee can be paid through credit card, debit card or net banking through any payment gateway provided by State Bank of India as well as through the system.
(2) While paying the examination fee, after deducting the amount of examination fee from the bank account, one should not log out from the relevant page on the website and/or the account unless the message that the payment of the examination fee has been successful (Payment Successful) is displayed on the page of the Commission's online application system and the receipt of the examination fee is generated,
(3) After paying the examination fee, the candidate will immediately know the status of the successful payment of the examination fee in his profile. It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that the examination fee has been successfully paid and the transaction has been completed from the bank before logging out of the account.
(4) If due to any reason it is not possible to successfully pay the examination fee online within the prescribed period, a copy of the invoice can be taken for payment of the examination fee offline within two days after the last date of application.
(b) By offline mode (through currency) :-
• If opting for payment of examination fee by cheque, the examination fee can be paid before the prescribed last date at any branch of State Bank of India during bank office hours by taking the available cheque. However, care should be taken that it will take at least three hours to get the currency copy and deposit the fee in the bank.
• In case of unsuccessful payment of examination fee, re-payment of fee or receipt of invoice must be done before the prescribed date as per the advertisement/notification presented. If the transaction fails for any reason, the complaint in this regard will not be entertained by the Commission.
• Candidates who fail to pay the examination fee within the prescribed period will not be considered for the respective recruitment process. In this regard, it will be in the interest of the candidates to peruse the relevant provisions in the general instructions to the candidates on the website of the Commission.
Procedure / Duration of Application Submission
Application Submission Period : 21th August, 2023 14.00 to 11.09.2013 23.59
Last date for payment of prescribed examination fee through online mode : 11th September 2023 at 23,59
Date of receipt of currency copy for payment of examination fee by currency in State Bank of India : 13th September, 2023 at 23:59
Last date for payment of examination fee by cash : 14th September, 2023 during bank office hours
See All Other Jobs in our Database