Recruitment for Assistant Professor (12 posts) at Assam University
Assam University came into existence in 1994 after enactment of the Assam (Central) University Act 1989. Through its pursuit, Assam University is in the process of making itself an institute of excellence. Assam University main campus is situated at Dargakona, about 20 kms away from Silchar. The campus is set amid sprawling hillocks and typical landscape of north east. The campus is spread over 600 acres and provide an ideal environment for the researchers, students and the people interested in academic excellence. The other campus of the university is situated at Diphu in the district of Karbi Anglong, Assam.
Post : Assistant Professor
No of Posts
Biotechnology : 01(OBC)
Chemistry : 1(OBC)
Pharmaceutical Sciences : 10 (5 UR, 1 SC, 2 OBC, 2 EWS)
Specialization : Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy
Minimum qualification : as per UGC Regulations 2018 and applicable guidelines/Regulations of the respective regulatory body, if any for the concerned discipline, and pay shall be as per 7th CPC.
(ii) In case University receives large number of applications for a particular post, in such situation the University reserves the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of academic score which may be higher than the minimum prescribed as decided by duly constituted Screening Committee/s and approved by the Competent Authority.
(ii) The applicants required to satisfy himself/herself that he/she full fills the required specialization for a particular vacancy wherever such specializations are indicated
(iii) Pension scheme is available for those who are employed under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 or on identical pension scheme on or before 01.01.2004
Application fee: -Rs. 1000.00 (Non-refundable) for UR & OBC Candidates through NEFT/IMPS as per bank details shown below**. The candidates belonging to SC, ST, Women and PWD (Divyang) category need not pay application fee. The Teaching positions those were advertised vide employment notification No1/2017 dated 07.03.2017, 3/2017 dated 30.06.2017 and 1/2018 dated 01.01.2018 are hereby cancelled. No previous application will be re-considered.
Bank Details: Account No 20050100000007
IFSC Code: UCBA0002005
Bank: UCO Bank, Assam University Branch
NB: Any changes/amendments/addendums/corrigendum/updates/notices related to this employment notification and list of shortlisted candidates will be posted in the university website only. The applicants need to visit the university website regularly.
Important Notes & Instructions:
1. The medium of instruction in the University is English.
2. Candidates should go through the Employment Notifications carefully before applying for a particular post and ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions like Essential Qualifications (EQs)/ Experience/ Category/API Score, etc. as indicated in the respective eligibility Notifications. Candidature of candidates not meeting the eligibility conditions will be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment process without any notice. Candidature of Applicants shall be purely PROVISIONAL at all stages of the recruitment process.
3. Candidates in service should submit application through proper channel with Forwarding Letter/Remarks/Certificate or enclose “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE”, from their present employer. However, an advance copy may be sent directly. Application received after stipulated date or incomplete will not be entertained and shall be rejected; no further correspondence will be made in this regard.
4. As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such Degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification. As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23-06-2017, under Part-I (2)(p), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode.
5. Mere submission of application / satisfying the eligibility criteria does not entail the candidate to be called for interview. In case the University receives large number of applications for a particular post, the University in such cases reserves the right to adopt stringent criteria for short listing candidates to be called for interview either by conducting a written test and or adopting a marking system as approved by Competent Authority. Call letters for attending interview will be sent only to the short-listed candidates by Speed Post/Registered Post/e-mail. No correspondence will be made with applicants who have not been shortlisted/not called for interview.
6. The University reserves the right to reject the candidature of the candidate at any stage of recruitment / selection process, if anything found false, tampered, fabricated or suppression of any information while registering the application and submitting the certificate/ testimonials and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for production of fake/false certificate.
For More Info Go Next Page...