You are hereRecruitment for the post of Principal Investigators in International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
Recruitment for the post of Principal Investigators in International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) an initiative of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), USA are seeking Principal Investigators for their new joint collaborative program to accelerate and advance HIV vaccine research and development. The program shall be an integral part of the THSTI cluster of research centers and will be closely linked to global network of R&D facilities, including IAVIs Neutralizing Antibody Consortium (NAC) and IAVI Design and Development lab, situated in Brooklyn, New York. The Design Lab examines novel AIDS vaccine platforms and immunogens, standardizes preclinical testing of AIDS vaccine candidates, and develops candidates for evaluation in clinical trials.
It would be an innovative discovery program and will be directed at designing, testing and implementing highthroughput (HT) strategies for HIV-1 envelope-based immunogen screening and prioritization to help discover and advance novel HIV vaccine candidates. The program is targeted to expand the number of vaccine candidates for testing, and enhance the speed with which they can be assayed. The unique industrial-type high-throughput vaccine design, screening and selection processes proposed will be largely facilitated by interdisciplinary interaction and thus driven by principles of international collaboration, high-quality science and vaccine-oriented applied research.
* Formulate, lead, and guide all scientific aspects of the Program related to his/her area of research under the broad direction of the Program Director.
* Oversee the conduct of research and research team to help ensure ethical conduct in all aspects of the research process including but not limited to conflicts of interest, data acquisition, management, sharing and ownership, publication practices, responsible authorship, and collaborative research and reporting.
* Develop and manage the project budget & financial plan and report on project progress as outlined in the project plan and maintain accurate records of project related activities and expenses to the Program Director.
* Ensureand establish effective working relationships, scientific linkages and collaborations with other scientists within THSTI cluster and IAVI NAC and also with THSTI and IAVI India office.
Key Capabilities and Experience:
The successful candidate should have a strong foundation in science and be an experienced vaccine scientist with a commitment to the design and advancement of HIV vaccines.
* A PhD or other equivalent degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or any other discipline of Life Sciences with at least 3 yearsof work experience in the fields of immunology or virology or protein biochemistry.
* Candidates with work experience in HIV research with understanding of either one or more of the following areaswould be preferred:
- B-cell biologyor
- molecular biology and bioinformaticsor
- protein purification, physicochemical characterization and protein structure
* Significant record of professional accomplishment including publications, patents and invited speaking engagements; experience in developing country realities, and expertise in areas relevant to the project
* Believes in the potential of collaborative approaches to problem solving; able to contribute to and follow the project plan with minimal guidance from the Program Director.
* Experienced in leading and mentoring a group of scientists.
* Ability to manage short-term and long-term lab resource needs and facility budgets to achieve the set objectives.
* Effective scientific communicator as evidenced by publications and presentations at scientific meetings.
* An understanding of priority-setting, resource management and the bridge-building required to foster scientific cooperation.
* Encourages open communication and participation with an emphasis on transparency and the sharing of information.
* Able to handle challenging situations, including daunting tasks and complex interpersonal issues, with a calm, assured, unflagging approach that keeps all “eyes on the prize.”
* A champion of innovation who responds to complex problems and challenges by applying new perspectives and exploring a variety of relevant possible solutions.
* A team player and team-builder who is willing to work with and patiently align diverse stakeholders who maintain their individual autonomy and decision-making.
The position is currently based in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of Delhi, India and will be contractual basis and the compensation shall be industry competitive and commensurate with experience. The position will report to the Program Director- THSTI IAVI HIV Vaccine Design Program. The program offers an enabling environment with tremendous opportunities for growth. Interested candidates may please send in their applications with a cover note, current curriculum vitae and bibliography, together with a brief description of past and present scholarly interests and accomplishments and names of three references. Applications and nominations are invited for these positions for direct recruitment or on deputation. All applications and nominations should be sent to: Dr. Kapil Maithal/ Mr. Timothy Corbley at firstname.lastname@example.org
The first round of applications will be scrutinized for selection on 15th August, 2012.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.
FIND LATEST JOBS