Work as Chemoinformatician at AstraZeneca
We are AstraZeneca. More than 62,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries across six continents. We represent a diverse gathering of cultures. Yet there is one element that connects us all: helping people live healthier lives. Every day, we work together discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing a powerful pipeline that addresses six major areas of healthcare: cancer, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, neuroscience, and respiratory and inflammation. In 2009 alone, our worldwide sales totaled $32.8 billion. Each year, we invest an average of over $4 billion in R&D, where more than 11,000 people are focused on bringing medical solutions to millions.
Post : Chemoinformatician
1) As a Cheminformatician, at AstraZeneca Chennai, you will be a key participant in researchinformation services and modelling, focused on developing informatics tools, stabilising the current application estate in the Design, Make, Test and Analyse Process. You will be part of an application maintenance and development team, focused on increasing the efficiency of the analytical processes & workflows. You will work closely with Informaticians and Support teams across AZ locations.
2) Daily activities will include developing tailored cheminformatics analyses, tools and scripts to streamline discovery efforts, participating in software and database administration, and programming new scientific capabilities. You may also apply computational modelling tools to develop predictive models. If you have supervisory experience, you may also be asked to lead a small group of bioinformaticians / cheminformaticians.
3) This position requires practical knowledge of cheminformatics and computational chemistry methods. You should have a solid background in scientific programming of tools or scripts to support discovery efforts. You will also understand data structures, database principles and data mining techniques. Additional skills may include protein bioinformatics, homology modelling, data mining, molecular dynamics, ligand-based drug design, and virtual screening. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
Preferably Ph.D. or M.Tech in relevant area of physical/life/computer sciences, engineering, or mathematics with 2-5+ years experience. Will also consider a candidate with MS or BS degree with extensive experience in an R&D environment.
· Experience in the life Science or pharmaceutical industry.
· Supervisory or group leadership experience
Find More Info go to Next Page...