IITR invites Application for Ph.D. Programme 2018-19
Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar is one of the eight new IITs set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, to expand the reach and enhance the quality of technical education in the country. This institute is committed to providing state-of-the-art technical education in a variety of fields and also for facilitating transmission of knowledge in keeping with latest developments in pedagogy. These two areas of focus will enable students to gain exposure to recent trends in their chosen domains of study and gain practical experience through a wide variety of activities the institute facilitates in its own campus and arranges for in collaboration with industry and other institutes.
Ph.D In Sciences
1. Synthetic Organic Chemistry
2. Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
3. Catalysis and Materials Synthesis
4. Homogeneous Catalysis
5. Polymer Chemistry
6. Chemical Physics
7. Computational Chemistry
9. Electrochemical Biosensor
10.Fuel Cells, Li-ion and Na-ion Batteries
11.Modeling of Complex Chemical and Biological System
16.Solid-state NMR: Theory and Experiments
18.Theoretical Biophysical Chemistry
19.Polymeric Biomaterials for Drug Delivery
Masters or equivalent degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry/ Materials Science and Technology/Pharmaceutical Sciences/Biotechnology/Physics or relevant research areas with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST). Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfill one of the following additional requirements with valid
a) GATE Qualification
b) UGC/CSIR-NET or Equivalent qualification.
c) DST-INSPIRE or other national fellowship Candidates with M. Tech or equivalent with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification.
PhD in CBME
1. Biomaterials, Biological and Biomaterial Characterization, Mechanics of Nanomaterials, Finite Element Modeling (FEM):
2. Molecular sensors:
3. Polymeric and peptide hydrogels/gels for drug delivery and wound healing.
Biomedical signal processing: Medical ultrasound and Neuro-feedback systems.
1. Medical image processing and analyses
2. Health care apps and analytics
Cancer Diagnostics and Therapy
1. Non-coding RNAs based diagnostics and therapeutics for cancer therapy:
2. Bioheat Transfer, Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy, Heat Transfer and Applied Thermal Engineering:
3. Cancer drug delivery
2. Gut microbiome and regulation of immune system
Medical Devices: Biomedical Instrumentation and implants
Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine:
1. Cell based therapy for Type 2 Diabetes.
2. Cell Based therapeutics against tumor angiogenesis.
2. Molecular level understanding of interfacial water structure and the cause of cancer; Early cancer detection using vibrational spectroscopy
1. A master's degree in engineering (ME / MTech) or medicine (MD) or pharmaceutical sciences (MPharm) or veterinary science (MVSc) or dental surgery (MDS), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules
2. A master's degree in sciences (MSc / MS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10). A valid GATE score or qualified in UGC/CSIR/NET/INSPIRE fellowship, or equivalent. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules
3. A bachelor's degree in engineering (BE /BTech) or pharmacy (BPharm), with a minimum of 65 percent marks (7.0 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. A bachelor's degree from an IIT with a minimum of 8 grade points on a scale of 10 points without GATE. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules Or
4. A MBBS, BVSc, or BDS, with a minimum of 65 percent marks (7.0 grade points on a scale of 10). Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules.
How to apply:
Steps for applying online:
Welcome to the online admission Portal of IIT Ropar. Please follow below mentioned step(s) for applying online:
1. Get a login: Create yourself a login in this site to get started with the application process (see a line above heading "You must login or register to view this form"). Choose the option "Create new account" in the user login menu, enter a login name of your choice and a valid email address. An email will be sent from IIT Ropar's mail-id for verification. Please click on the link provided in the mail to validate your account and to login to set your password. Use this password along with the login name you provided to login to this site.
2. You can change your password or request to reset the password on this portal.
3. Login to the site and follow the links in the Main menu on the left to fill your application form online.
4. Email alerts will be sent to your email address, please make sure that mails with the from address "@iitrpr.ac.in" do not get caught in your spam / junk mail folder.
5. It is requested not to fill the form in Private Browsing Mode or Incognito Mode.
6. Your application is not submitted until you 'click' submit button. After submission you will receive an acknowledgment mail on your registered mail-id.
7. While uploading document(s) in form give the a Unique Name [firstname_lastfivedigits_of_your_mobile_no.pdf] to avoid uploading errors.
8. For any further Technical Details / Queries, send us a mail on email@example.com
See All Other Jobs in our Database