IIT Gandhinagar was founded in 2008 and is located in Palaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat on the banks of river Sabarmati. IITGN is rated India’s first 5-star GRIHA LD (Green) campus for minimizing the negative impact on the environment. The campus has been declared India’s first 5-star campus for ensuring food safety and promoting healthy eating. The Institute follows the highest standards of safety for its employees engaged in construction activities. In this context, the IIT Council declared that the exemplary practices of IIT Gandhinagar (labor welfare and community outreach) should be introduced in all IITs.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (2 posts)
Applications are invited from bright, young candidates for a temporary position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the project entitled “Profiling of Phytochemicals in Ayurvedic Medicinal Formulations and Understanding their Aggregation Behavior” sponsored by Central Council for Research In Ayurvedic Sciences, Ministry of Ayush.
• B.Tech./ M.Sc. / M.E / M.Tech with minimum 65% marks in all degrees and a valid GATE score/CSIR-NET(JRF/LS) qualification.
• Application are invited from any of the following or related branches: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Sciences, Data Sciences, Ayurvedic Sciences.
• Candidates with M.Pharm degree can apply with a valid GPAT Test qualification.
• Candidates must have an aptitude towards problem solving and willingness to learn about chemical systems. A basic understanding of chemical structures, functional groups and their general reactivity is essential for the project.
• Additional preferred qualifications: Candidates with programming background (Fortran, C/C++, python, Linux) will be preferred. Any experience with molecular modelling will be beneficial.
Emoluments : Consolidated salary of Rs 31000 pm, with HRA if applicable.
Duration of the Project : The appointment will be for 12 months (the contract can be extended for another 12 months based on the performance of the candidate)
Job Profile : Selected candidate will use computational methods namely molecular dynamics simulations and density functional calculations for studying phytochemicals of interest from Ayurvedic sources. The candidate will be involved in the development of force fields for these phytochemicals and also a database of the studied phytochemicals.
Eligible candidates may send their application to Dr. Sairam S. Mallajosyula, Department of Chemistry, IIT Gandhinagar, by e-mail (email@example.com).
The following documents must be sent as a single pdf attachment to the email: (1) Current CV, (2) one-page summary of previous research/work experience (if any), and (3) names and contacts of two referees. Processing of applications will start after the deadline of 20th June 2023, until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Selection will be based upon online interview and shortlisted candidates will be intimated well in advance the date and time of the interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database