Central University of Kashmir (formerly known as the Central University of Jammu and Kashmir) was established in March 2009 with the appointment and joining of Prof. Abdul Wahid Qureshi , a noted academician and the former Vice Chancellor of University of Kashmir, as the First Vice Chancellor. The administrative office setup at 101, Baghi-Hyder, Hyderpora in May, 2009 started functioning with a skelton staff engaged on deputation/ contract basis. Substantive appointments to various administrative posts including First Registrar, Deputy Registrar, Assisstant Registrar were made in June, 2010.
Post : Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor
Online prescribed application forms are invited from the eligible candidates for appointment to the following teaching positions.
No of Posts : 07 (Professor-01 UR, Associate Professor 01-UR, 01-SC, Assistant Professor 02-UR, 01-SC, 01-OBC)
Pay : Pay Matrix Academic Level -14 of 7th CPC
ELIGIBILITY : i). Ph. D. degree in relevant field and First class or equivalent at either Bachelor’s or Master’s level in the relevant branch. AND
ii). Minimum of 10 years of experience in teaching / research / industry out of which at l east 3 years shall be at a post equivalent to that of an Associate Professor. AND
iii). At least 6 research publications at the level of Associate Professor in SCI journals/ UGC/ AICTE approved list of journals and at least 2 successful Ph.D. guided as Supervisor / Co-supervisor till the date of eligibility of promotion.
OR At least 10 research publications at the level of Associate Professor in SCI journals/ UGC/AICTE approved list of journals till the date of eligibility of promotion.
Pay : Pay Matrix Academic Level -13A of 7th CPC
i) Ph.D. degree in the relevant field and First class or equivalent at either Bachelor’s or Master’s level in the relevant branch AND
ii). At least total 6 research publications in SCI journals / UGC / AICTE approved list of journals. AND
iii).Minimum of 8 years of experience in teaching / research / industry out of which at least 2 years shall be Post Ph.D. experience.
Pay : Pay Matrix Academic Level -10 of 7th CPC
ELIGIBILITY : i) B.Pharm. and M.Pharm. in the relevant specialization with First Class or equivalent in any one of the two degrees. ii). Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET: Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D, work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conference/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency. The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note : NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The eligibility for recruitment of the faculty under this notification has been framed as per the latest UGC Regulations (on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2018)/ AICTE Regulations-2019/ NCTE Regulations-2019 and their Amendments issued by their regulatory bodies from time to time
2. In addition to Guidelines / Procedures issued by MHRD vide notifications No. F.No.33- 9/2011- TS.III, dated 30th Nov. 2017, 04th Dec., 2017 and 31st January, 2018, F.No.33-9/2011-TS.III, dated 16th April, 2019, any other relevant notifications, issued by MHRD/UGC/AICTE/NCTE or any other relevant regulatory body till the date of interview, shall also be applicable to this advertisement.
3. Since, the vacancies reserved for EWS category are not to be carried to the next recruitment year/cycle as backlog: therefore, in case the vacancies reserved for EWS could not be filled up due to non-availability of suitable/eligible candidate(s) belonging to EWS category such vacancies shall be filled by UR candidates in the same recruitment year/cycle.
4. The Selection Committee has the discretion to fill or not to fill up the posts advertised by the University in this notification due to non-availability of suitable candidate/s. No candidate/s reserves any claim for filling the vacancies mentioned in this advertisement.
5. The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part-time basis, daily wages, guest faculty / visiting faculty, will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidates for presentation and/or interview for the post of Assistant Professor. Only fulltime PG/UG experience shall be counted for short-listing the candidates for Assistant Professor as per the format enclosed (Annexure-I)
6. Application Fee: All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable processing fee or processes prescribed through online mode. 7. Persons with Disability shall be considered subject to availability and suitability of positions as per reservation norms.
8. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one department or more than one post in same department, should apply separately for each department/post and separate application must be submitted for each department/post along with requisite fee.
9. The candidates for the posts of Professor & Associate Professor must enter the relevant Research / Academic score in the Format provided as Table – 1. The Research score provided against the given categories in each column must be supported by the documentary evidence, without which no claim on account of Research / Academic score would be entertained.
10.The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect i.e. qualifications, experience and preferred age limit etc. shall be considered as on the closing date, i.e. the last date of the submission of online application form.
11.All the relevant information/ updates shall be uploaded on University website. The candidates are advised to remain in-touch with the University website cukashmir.ac.in and notifying the same in newspapers shall not be obligatory on University part.
12.The Institute shall retain the application forms of non-shortlisted candidates and nonselected candidates only for three months after the completion of recruitment process.
13.Applications which are not supported by submission of fee of ₹1500/- (Rs. 750/- for SC/ST/PWD Candidates) shall be summarily rejected. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
14.For those candidates who are in service (Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSUs / Universities / Educational Institutions), their application/s must be forwarded through proper channel and should furnish “No Objection Certificate” from the Competent Authority of the serving organization, at the time of presentation and/or interview otherwise they may not be allowed to appear in the presentation and/or interview. However, they can submit the advance copy of the application form. 15.In case of all advertised positions, the application form must be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae giving details of academic qualifications, experience, published work etc. The publication part in the CV should invariably contain details with regard to the title of the journal/book, title of the research paper, Vol No, Page Nos, year of publication, ISSN/ISBN, sole author/co-authors/joint publication, refereed/nonrefereed, indexed/non-indexed and local/national/international status etc or as reflected in the online application form. These details shall be used to verify the Research/ Academic Score claim.
16.For the posts of Professor: a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Annexure-II, Table 1
17.For the posts of Associate Professor: a minimum of seven publications in the peerreviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Annexure-II, Table- 1.
18.For the posts of Assistant Professor: besides fulfilling the basic qualifications mentioned in the notification, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET. Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET 19.Candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor shall provide complete details with regard to their academic qualifications, research publications, teaching/research experience etc supported by documentary evidence. These details shall be used for shortlisting the candidates (if required) for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
20.Short-listing shall be done as per the format enclosed as Table-2, for the post of Assistant Professor.
21.Candidates applying for the post of Professor & Associate Professor shall necessarily upload self-attested copies of top ten (two copies each) & top seven (two copies each) fulllength research papers /books respectively, along with their applications.
22. Ph.D candidates (without NET/SLET) applying for the posts of Assistant Professor are required to upload a certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure – IV or V as per applicability) from the concerned University to the effect that their Ph.D degree is in accordance with ‘UGC (Minimum standards and procedure for awards of M.Phil/Ph.D degree) Regulation 2009 or 2016 & their amendments from time to time.
23. Candidates seeking reservation under OBC category are required to upload certificate on the format prescribed by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training (Annexure-VI). Further, they shall submit the declaration given at the end of the application form.
24. Candidate applying for the post(s) reserved for EWS, must upload a certificate on the prescribed format as Annexure-VII. The said certificate must be valid at least up to December, 2022
25. All updates to this advertisement including corrigendum, amendment, if any, will be hosted on the University website only and the candidates are advised to check the website periodically for updates.
26. Relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
27.Relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master‘s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
28.A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Master‘s level shall also be considered valid.
29.The Caste/Tribe/Community certificates in the proforma prescribed and issued by any of the authorities stated in the OM No. 36012/6/88-Estt. (SCT), dated 24.4.1990 and OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt. (Res.), dated 15.11.1993, GoI, No. 36028/1/2014-Estt (Res), dated 3rd September, 2015will only be accepted as sufficient proof in support of a candidates claim belonging to Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Class. Relevant Caste/Tribe/Community certificates are required to be uploaded with duly completed application form. No other certificate will be accepted as a sufficient proof. The caste of the candidate must be in the state-wise central list of SCs given at http://socialjustice.nic.in/UserView/PrintUserView?mid=76750 or http://socialjustice.nic.in/UserView/index?mid=76750 The caste of the candidate must be in the state-wise central list of STs given at https://tribal.nic.in/ST/LatestListofScheduledtribes.pdf
30. OBC certificate submitted in support of the claim of reservation under this category (Non-Creamy Layer) must have been issued on or after 31st March, 2018.The certificate should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to non-creamy layer and the caste of the candidate must be in the state-wise central list of OBCs given at ncbc.nic.in/User_Panel/CentralListStateView.aspx.
31. Persons with disability (PwD) shall be required to upload the Disability/Medical Certificate in the proforma prescribed and issued by the competent medical authorities for the purpose of employment as per Government of India norms with duly completed application form. Persons suffering from not less than 40%of the disability shall only be eligible for the benefit of reservation under this category. The certificate will be rejected if the disability is less than 40%.
32.The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and / or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing Research Degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion.
33.The reservation for the SC/ST/OBC/PwD/EWS candidates shall be as per the Govt of India norms.
34.The appointment under reserved category is provisional and subject to the certificate being verified through the proper channels. If the verification reveals that the claim of the candidate to belong to a particular category is false, his/her services will be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of Indian Panel Code for production of false certificates. 35.Candidates who have been awarded Ph.D/Masters/Bachelors degree from foreign Universities should enclose “Equivalence Certificate” issued by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, without which their degrees will not be considered. 36.The selected candidates shall be appointed under a written contract.
37.Subjects/disciplines to be considered as the concerned/allied/relevant wherever mentioned above, shall be decided by the screening/expert committee/s constituted by the University. Further, preference will be given to those candidates who have done their masters degree in concerned subject.
38.Except for the Languages, medium of instruction in the University is English. 39.The recruitment to the advertised posts shall be carried out in accordance with the prevalent UGC/University/GOI norms.
40.Age of superannuation is 65 years.
41. All the appointees including the in-service candidates shall be governed by the New Pension System (NPS) introduced by Govt of India.
42. The University reserves the right:
a. To withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time without assigning any reason to this effect.
b. To fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever.
c. To increase/decrease the number of posts at the time of selection and make appointments accordingly.
43. The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the interview.
44. For the post/s of Assistant Professor where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it is not feasible or convenient to interview all the candidates, the University at its discretion, may restrict/shortlist the number of candidates on the basis short-listing criteria given by the UGC in its latest Regulations- 2018 and the same is reproduced in this advertisement as (Table-2).
45.The process of selection shall be by a presentation/ interview or a combination thereof.
46.All certificates, which are not in either English or Hindi, need to be translated preferably to either English or Hindi and the same shall be self-attested.
47.Central University of Kashmir will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail, loss of any communication due to wrong address provided by the candidate, unsuccessful transaction by Payment Gateway etc.
1. Before applying for a post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility.
2. The PWD candidates with less than 40% of relevant disability shall not be considered.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending interview. However, for outstation SC/ST/PWD candidates second class railway to and fro fare on shortest route will be reimbursed after attending the interview. This is not admissible to SC/ST/PWD candidates who are already employed in the Central/ State Government services.
4. In-service candidates shall route their applications through proper channel which should essentially reach the office by or before the conduct of the interviews. However, they must submit an advance copy of the application form before the last date.
5. Applications not accompanied by necessary supporting documents, self-attested copies of degree certificates/ marks sheets/experience certificate/category certificate (if applicable) issued by the competent authority and the incomplete applications shall be rejected summarily.
6. If the space provided in application form is insufficient, information may be given on a separate sheet duly signed by the candidate and the same may be attached with the application.
7. Candidates are advised to attach a duly signed list of enclosures with the application form.
8. The eligibility of candidates will be determined as on the last date fixed for receipt of application forms.
9. Candidates in their own interest are advised to remain in touch with the University website www.cukashmir.ac.in. They should also regularly check their email account for updates. Issuance of notifications in the newspapers or sending postal letters is not obligatory on the part of the University.
10. Any change of address given in the application form should at once be communicated to the University.
11. The University shall verify the antecedents/documents uploaded/submitted by the candidates at the time of appointment or any time during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, his/her services shall be terminated forthwith.
12. Separate applications must be submitted for each post.
13.The University will not be responsible for any postal delay.
14. In case the last date fixed for receipt of applications is declared a holiday/closed day, next working day shall be deemed to be the last date for receiving the forms.
15. In case of any dispute, any suit or legal proceedings against the University, the jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Courts at Srinagar, J&K.
HOW TO APPLY
The online prescribed application form is available on the University website (cukashmir.ac.in). The application form along with payment of non-refundable application fee Rs. 1500/- is to be submitted online. However, the candidates belonging to SC, ST & PwD are required to pay only Rs. 750/-(N.R) as application fee. Payment of application fee can be made online via link available on University website (cukashmir.ac.in). The candidates need to apply online only by or before 30th June, 2022 and submit the downloaded application form along with relevant documents (Qualification Certificates/Exp. Certificates/ Research Publications etc.) at Recruitment Section, Central University of Kashmir, Green Campus Ganderbal-191201 in person or by post by or before 9th July, 2022. Applications received after the last date shall be summarily rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. All the candidates in their own interest are required to keep in touch with the University website. No individual communication shall be made with any candidate.
Important Dates :
• Date of availability of online application form : 9th May, 2022
• Last date for submission of online application form : 30th June, 2022
• Last date for submission of downloaded copies of the application form along with annexure : 9th July, 2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database