Require Zonal Manager at Merck Limited | B.Pharm, B.Sc MBA
Merck Limited was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country.
Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post : Zonal Manager
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is a Zonal Manager position which involves working across all businesses and therapeutic areas at a ‘platform’ level rather than at an SBU level. The role involves setting up from a new vertical which will delve across all government & semi-government businesses, both with central level institutions as well as with state level institutions on a pan India basis.
This is a middle management role to charter new growth avenues to build business for all the company brands in govt/semi govt institutions across respective Zone. Create a broad level Strategy and road map to make aggressive entry and driving business.
1. Ensuring Registration of Company in Institutions, State Govt... Semi Govt Public Sector Undertakings, Railways, etc. Wherever currently we don’t have a presence in respective zone.
2. Ensuring Timely Participation in Tenders and Resulting in Revenue generation, Identification and appointment of Potential Institutional Distributors.
3. Proactively scrutinizing the formulary for major institutions across the respective zone and take steps to update.
• Managing sales in Institutional Sector i.e. All Government / Semi Government / Public Sector Undertakings in India (Tender Based) etc of respective Zone.
• Building and strengthening relationships with key opinion leaders & medical fraternity, thereby ensuring high customer satisfaction by providing them with complete product support.
• Recruiting, mentoring & training sales team for ensuring optimum performance to deliver high quality and timely services.
• Collaborating with trade sales teams to drive demand and recommendations for our products.
• Working closely with distributors & liasoners to enhance our product purchase/indents.
• Maintaining good relations with Accounts and Purchase Department of the institutions.
• Creating and sustaining a dynamic environment that fosters career development opportunities and motivates high performance amongst team.
• Securing larger share of local purchase for formulations from Govt./ Semi Govt Institutions.
• Proactively initiate process for registration of newer molecules in niche therapeutic segment.
• Create a sound list of KOLs in major institutions/ Govt bodies and manage them with the team at different levels within the organisation as a strategy.
• Ensure timely payment on supplies made to institutions and adhere to all process requirements especially documentation for the same.
• Gather market intelligence and share the same with the corporate business unit heads for mutual business goals.
• Attend any adverse reaction scenario immediately and have an intimation & escalation matrix in place to ensure that company’s interests and in no way even potentially compromised
1) Pharmacy or Science Graduate preferably with a Post Graduation in Business Management
2) Minimum of 15-20 years overall experience which should include pharmaceutical sales experience – out of which at least last 10 years in Govt. business, atlest 5-6 years in an MNC
GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR MORE INFO...