Recruitment for Professor - pharmacy at BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya
Today’s Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya is the ‘dream come true’ of Bhagat Phool Singh Ji, who established a Gurukul for girls at Khanpur Kalan in 1936. Even after the demise of Bhagat Phool Singh, his equally dynamic daughter Subhashini Ji not only took control of Gurukul but worked vigorously in expanding the Gurukul in terms of its various constituent institutions like BPS Memorial Girls’ College (1967), BPS College of Education (1968), MSM Ayurvedic College (1973), BPS Mahila Polytechnic (1984), TIG Bhainswal Kalan(1999) and PSD Girls’ Law College (2003).
Post : Professor - Pharmacy
Pay Scale : 37,400-67,000+ 10,000
1. A basic degree in pharmacy (B. Pharm.).
2. Registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding enactments.
3. A Ph.D. Degree with First Class at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy, and experience of ten years in teaching, research, industry and / or profession at the level of lecturer or equivalent grade excluding period spent on obtaining the research degree.
4. A minimum score as stipulated in the academic performance indicator ( API) based performance based appraisal system( PBAS) , set out in UGC regulation Appendix- III with minimum 10 publications as research/policy papers/books. OR II. In the event the candidate is from industry and the profession, the following shall constitute as
1. First Class Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy; and
2. Significant professional work which can be recognized as equivalent to a Ph.D. Degree in appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy and industrial / professional experience of five years at a senior level comparable to Reader or equivalent grade;, Provided that the recognition for significant professional shall be valid only if the same is recommended unanimously by a 3-Member Committee of Experts appointed by the Vice-Chancellor of the University. III.
1. Teaching, industrial research and / or professional experience in a reputed organization;
2. Published work, such as research papers, patents filed / obtained, books, and / or technical reports;
3. Experience of guiding the project work, dissertation of post graduate or research students or supervising R&D projects in industry;
4. Demonstrated leadership in planning and organizing academic, research, industrial and / or professional activities; and
5. Capacity to undertake / lead sponsored R&D, consultancy and related activities. For avoidance of doubt, it is hereby clarified that:
1. If Class or Division is not declared at the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree levels, an aggregate of >=60% or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is to be considered as equivalent to First Class.
2. In respect of CGPA awarded to the candidates on a 10-Point Scale, the Table of equivalence shall be provided by the university concerned followed for determining the Class obtained by them as per (1) cited above.