The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Bangalore (ncbs.res.in) is a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biological sciences. The NCBS-Max Plank Lipid Centre is a joint initiative of NCBS and the Max Planck Society (MPS).
NBRI is a premier plant based multidisciplinary, state-of-art national R&D Centre of CSIR undertaking research from classical taxonomy to cutting edge areas of modern biology-including both applied and basic research in the fields of biochemistry, bioinformatics, biotechnology, conservation biology, cytogenetics, environmental sciences, ethnopharmacology, floriculture, microbiology, molecular biology and genetic engineering, pharmacognosy, pharmacy, physiology, phytochemistry, plant biodiversity, plant breeding, taxonomy and tree biology, for the conservation and sustainable utilization of the non crop plant genetic resources of the country.
CSIR - CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in the areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
Post : Project Junior Research Fellow
The PGIMER owes its inception to the vision of late Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, the then Chief Minister of Punjab and the distinguished medical educationists of the then combined state of Punjab, supported by the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru who considered the institutions of scientific knowledge as temples of learning and the places of pilgrimage. The institute started in 1962 and Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru inaugurated the hospital now named “Nehru Hospital” on 7th July 1963. The Institute was originally under the Government of undivided Punjab.
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Mumbai was established as the Department of Chemical Technology on 1st October 1933 by the University of Mumbai, through active support of industries and philanthropists. The Institute was most popularly known as UDCT, Mumbai. Research has been an integral part of ICT since its inception and it has created over 500 first generation entrepreneurs. The UDCT grew significantly in stature and was granted autonomy under UGC regulations by the University of Mumbai and further converted into an Institute on 26th January 2002. Under the World Bank TEQIP programme, the Maharashtra government granted it full autonomy in June 2004.
This Institute was established in the year from 1963 in IMPCOPS, Chennai with a motive to study the phyto-chemical aspects of medicinal plants in an around the city. Later Central Council for Research in Indian Medicine and Homeopathy had taken over this Institute as grant in aid. In the year of 1979, this institute became a part of Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (formerly Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic and Siddha). This institute had diversified its activities to drug standardization besides phyto-chemical studies.
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. The Government of India has declared NIPER as an 'Institute of National Importance'. It is an autonomous body set up under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
The dreams of its founding fathers took shape in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering, which is now renamed, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY (SASTRA). Our programmes, infrastructure, teaching-learning, etc., are among the country's finest. SASTRA has always been proactive in its academic planning and believes in gaining the first-mover advantage. As a testimony to this, the Government of India has conferred the Deemed University status to SASTRA on April 26, 2001 under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. SASTRA offers various undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management, Law and Arts besides various Doctoral programmes and has state-of-the-art laboratories, a well stocked library and one of the best computing facilities. With a sprawling campus having a built-up area of 2,22,129.02 square metre spread over 232 acres and a vibrant population of over 10,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India.
The Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) is the new state-of-the-art R&D satellite of the Tata Memorial Centre (TMC), which also includes under its umbrella the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), the largest cancer hospital in Asia.
The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) is one of India's oldest and finest educational institutions, which provides a steady source of highly skilled talent to the nation as well as overseas. Founded in 1956 with a campus spread across sprawling 250 acres, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, located in Patiala, has been a pioneer in engineering education, research and innovation. Our community involves ingenious minds solvers who are eager to make the world a better place to live in with their innovative techniques and discoveries.
Post : JRF/SRF/RA