The Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH) is a constituent R&D establishment of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). Applications for Scientific positions for following positions are invited by the institute, which is engaged in research in many different areas of modern biological sciences and microbe-related biotechnology, with special emphasis on research and development of an interdisciplinary nature :
Post No: 1 - Principal/Senior Principal Scientist - 4 posts
Pay Scale: Rs.37400-67000, Grade Pay: Rs. 8700/- & Rs. 8900/-* (T.E. Rs.88000/- & Rs.95000/-approx.)
Upper Age limit : 45/50 Years
*(The Selection Committee depending upon the performance of the candidate may choose to place the candidate in any of the Grade pay within Pay Band-4 subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria).
Essential: Applicants must have PhD degree in either Organic or Bioorganic Chemistry, or any biological discipline with demonstrated record of innovative scientific accomplishment as evidenced by outstanding publications in high IF Journals and/or patents, and a strong motivation to perform cutting-edge science, with minimum 3 and 6 Years experience for Principal and Sr. Principal Scientist, respectively.
Desirable: Candidates with research programs in any field of Organic Chemistry (such as Synthetic and/or Analytical aspects e.g. NMR, Mass spec etc) are welcome. The qualified candidate will target his/her research activities in areas where chemistry and biology intersect. He/she will develop an independent, challenging research program at national/international level and also collaborate with scientists working on microbiological problems.
A strong Research background in Immunology or Molecular biology of infectious diseases and their agents. A record of cutting-edge research in any of the emerging areas related to either (a) B cells, T cells, NK cells, macrophages, dendtritic cells immunology, immunomodulation, vaccines, immunobiology of tolerance and autoimmunity and Systems biology of the immune network, or (b) molecular mechanisms involved in establishment of infection by and/or immunity against microorganisms.
The selected candidates will also be expected to pursue R&D programs resulting in benefits for industry and society (Application-oriented programs).
Go to next page for more vacancy
Subscribe to Pharmatutor Job Alerts by Email
Post No: 2 - Senior Scientist - 5 posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100, Grade Pay: Rs. 7600/- (Total emoluments Rs. 58000/- approx.)
*(The Selection Committee depending upon the performance of the candidate may choose to place the candidate in any of the Grade pay within Pay Band-3 subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria).
Upper Age limit : 37 Years
Essential: Applicants must have Ph.D Degree in the field of a discipline such as Protein Science & Engineering/Infectious Diseases/Bioinformatics, Molecular Modelling/Molecular Biology & Genetics, Microbial Taxonomy, Organic, bioorganic Chemistry/Cell Biology, especially Electron microscopy/Biochemical Engg. & Fermentation science, including metabolic and pathway Engg./Biosensors and Nanotechnology for Diagnostics & Therapeutics or any other related disciplinary streams with demonstrated record of innovative scientific accomplishment as evidenced by outstanding publications and a strong motivation to perform cutting-edge science, with minimum 2 years experience.
Desirable: A strong research background in any of the area/s mentioned in the left column, with a demonstrated record of outstanding publications in high IF Journals, and/or patents.
Benefits & Prospects under IMTECH(CSIR):
The posts carry usual allowances i.e., DA, HRA, and Transport Allowance etc. as admissible to Central Govt. Employees posted in Chandigarh. In addition to the emoluments, benefits such as Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Reimbursement of Medical expenses for self and dependents, Conveyance Advance, House Building Advance etc. are available as per CSIR rules, as applicable to the employees of CSIR. Council accommodation will be allotted as per priority to be reckoned from the date of joining/availability, in which case HRA will not be admissible.
Scientists in Pay Band-3 are also eligible for 2 additional increments (without DA) Scientists are also eligible for Professional Update Allowance of Rs.20,000/- per annum. A Scientist can also augment his/her income with earnings by way of honorarium/Intellectual fees from consultancy/technical services and R&D sponsored projects undertaken by the laboratory, as per CSIR rules.
CSIR/IMTECH offers excellent accelerated track promotions based upon excellence in R&D performance.
1. For the post of Scientists upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for the regular employees in CSIR Labs/Instts., Government Departments, Autonomous Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings.
2. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 Years in the case of SC/ST and by 3 years in case of OBC candidates for the posts, which are reserved for the respective categories. The SC/ST/OBC candidates can apply against UR posts and SC/ ST/OBC candidates who apply against unreserved vacancies will not be eligible for age relaxation.
3. Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinary been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority.
4. The date for determining the age limit/experience/qualifications shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications i.e., 20-12-2011.
5. SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates are required to produce the certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority at the time of interview. The OBC candidate should produce the certificate valid for appointment of posts under the Central Government.
6. Relaxation in age, qualification and/or experience may be permitted if sufficient number of candidates possessing the requisite qualification and/or experience are not likely to be available to fill up the posts
FInd info on "how to apply" on next page
Subscribe to Pharmatutor Job Alerts by Email
1. The number of vacancies under each code is provisional and may vary.
2. The qualifications prescribed should have been obtained through recognized Universities / Institutions.
3. Candidates desirous of applying for more than one level (post) should submit SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR EACH LEVEL (POST) along with requisite application fee. Applications not accompanied with prescribed fees and incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
4. The prescribed Essential Qualifications are a bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the candidates and, therefore, the number of candidates to be called for interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The candidates should, therefore, furnish all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed.
5. Those employed in Govt. Deptt,/PSUs /Autonomous Bodies should send their applications through proper channel (advance copy of application should reach before the last date) with a clear certificate that (i) no vigilance case is pending/being contemplated against him/her (ii) the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of appointment offer if he is selected.
6. Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro single second class rail fare/ ordinary bus fare from the normal place of their residence or that declared in the application or from the actual place of undertaking the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of the interview as per rules.
7. Candidate should ensure that he/she possesses educational qualification/experience in the relevant area as required in the category/post, for which he/she is applying, on the last date of receipt of application.
8. The period of experience in the requisite discipline/area of work wherever prescribed shall be counted w.e.f. the date of acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualifications required for that post.
9. The decision of the IMTECH/CSIR in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examination/interview will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/her agency.
10. In case a candidate is staying abroad, his/her candidature can be considered in absentia by the Selection Committee on his/her written request.
How to Apply: Application forms can be directly downloaded from imtech.res.in Completed applications in all respects, in the prescribed form accompanied by attested copies of certificates, testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, etc. mentioned in the application, along with non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- (US$25 in case of candidates applying from abroad) for general and OBC category candidates (No application fee for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates/PWDs candidates and regular employees of CSIR), by means of DD (issued by State Bank of India only except for the candidates applying from abroad), drawn in favour of the “Director, IMT, Chandigarh”, should be sent to Administrative Officer, Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector 39-A, Chandigarh-160 036 so as to reach on or before 20th December, 2011.
Synopsis-sheet to be submitted by email: In addition to submitting the hard copy of application form, the candidate is also required to fill up his particulars in the synopsis-sheet available on IMT website in MS-WORD, and email to [email protected] as attachment. This is MOST-URGENT.
Canvassing in any form and or/bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post. Interim enquiries will not be attended to.
INSTITUTE OF MICROBIAL TECHNOLOGY
(Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)
Sector 39-A, Chandigarh – 160 036, INDIA
ADVERTISEMENT NO. - 10/2011
See All Mumbai Alerts B.Sc Alerts M.Pharm Alerts M.Sc Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database