The Institute for Stem Cell Science & Regenerative Medicine, Bangalore is an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. DBT-inStem’s mandate is to establish collaborative research programs in the field of stem cell biology, regeneration, and repair in development and disease, with translational emphasis. To develop strengths in focused areas, research at DBT-inStem is driven through collaborative interdisciplinary themes, addressing questions that are beyond the scope of a single laboratory.
Post : Fellow-E/ Scientist-D (Head Stem Cell Facility) - 01 UR
The Institute invites Online Applications from eligible and interested candidates under the following Scientific Cadre on Direct Recruitment failing which by Deputation/ Absorption.
Post Code : 14/2023
Level in Pay Matrix (as per 7th CPC) : Level -12
Position Details : The position involves management and coordination of the Stem Cell Facility. The Head of the Stem Cell Facility is expected to manage the space and facilitate human ESC/iPSC culture and creation of hPSC-based models of development and disease. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): management of facility personnel and infrastructure, maintenance of cell lines and derivatives, organizing workshops for hPSC culture and generation of hPSC-based disease models utilizing state-of-the-art genome editing approaches. Organization of training modules will be a core responsibility. An integral component of this position is the continual updating of standard operating procedures that govern the work carried out in the stem cell facility and ensuring that all users strictly adhere to these policies. Additionally, the incumbent of this position will ensure that the facility meets (if not exceeds) the statutory requirements regulating work with human stem cells.
Compensation / Pay Details : The post carries Pay Level 12 in the pay structure of 7 th CPC Pay Matrix (Entry Level) and other benefits which include Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance (in lieu of accommodation), Transport Allowance, Children Education Allowance, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Facilities as per Govt. of India Rules. The selected candidate will be covered under National Pension System (NPS)
Essential Qualification & Experience
Masters in Life Sciences / Engineering or Medicine or equivalent, with 5 years’ experience.
Desirable : Ph.D. in Life Sciences or other Allied Sciences. Should be an outstanding scientist with a strong and exceptional research record. Should have a strong research record with a promise to contribute to research at the institute/ with the ability to foster interactions between basic sciences and clinicians.
Experience for Deputation : Scientists from Central/State Governments, Research Institutes Autonomous Bodies, etc. (i) Holding analogous posts on a regular basis in the parent Department or (ii) With 4 years’ service in Level-11 or equivalent in the parent cadre/ Department and possess the essential qualification & experience as mentioned above.
Age Limits : Not exceeding 45 years for Direct Recruitment/ Not exceeding 50 years for Deputation
Nationality : Indian National/NRI/PIO/OCI Procedure for application for those who are already in Govt. Employment/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies etc: Candidates employed in Government/ Public Sector Undertakings/ State Government/ Autonomous Organizations etc. and Departmental Candidates should produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the time of Interview, failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Interview.
Eligibility Criteria : All eligibility conditions will be determined with reference to the crucial date of eligibility as mentioned in this advertisement i.e. 30.09.2023
Application Fee (Only Online) :
UR and OBC candidates : Rs. 885/- (Rs. 750/- plus 18% GST)
Candidates from abroad with OCI Status USD : 45 USD
Bank/ Transaction Charges are to be borne by the candidate
Exemption from payment of application fee : As per the prevailing guidelines of Government of India Women and Divyangjan (PwD) category of any community are exempted from Application Fees. Supporting certificate should be uploaded for PwD candidates.
Payment of application fee : Other than for exempted categories, the application fee is to be paid online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI. Application Fee paid by the candidates who have not submitted their application or whose application is not shortlisted will not be refunded. All applicable service charges, bank charges etc. shall be borne by the applicants only. Without a deposit of application fees, the application would not be processed. Kindly refer to the below link for the payment options.
General Conditions & Important Notes :
1. DBT-inStem is a premier organization under the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and its mandate is world-class research. The institute is looking for applicants with requisite capabilities, skills, qualifications, aptitude, merit, and suitability to fulfil the institute’s objectives. Merely meeting minimum eligibility criteria will not automatically entitle a candidate to be called for assessment. The prospective applicants should align with the requirements of a scientific research institute and be willing to work in a competitive environment with full enthusiasm and dedication. There is a probation period of 2 years for the post.
2. An online application that is incomplete in any respect such as without a photograph and signature, inhuman/inappropriate photograph and/or signature uploaded in the online application form/ unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered valid. Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
3. Candidates must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement prior to filling out the application.
4. The crucial date for determining the age limit, educational qualifications, experience etc. will be the closing date for receipt of applications.
5. Candidates are advised to keep a printout of the application form for future references
6. Candidates are required to assess their eligibility for the post before remitting the fee. No claim on refund of the fee paid will be entertained.
7. Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the courts situated at Bengaluru only
8. Institute reserves the right to interpret all rules including wherever it is not specifically mentioned and may cancel the candidature without assigning any reason (s).
9. Candidates are advised to fill in their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the institute through e-mail only. No separate letter (Hard copy) will be sent for this purpose. Further, for any updates, please visit the institute website regularly, for subsequent amendments, if any, in the advertisement.
10. Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Post Applied for, Address, Mobile Number, E-mail ID etc. will be considered as final and no change/modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. Institute will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to DBT-inStem Advt. No. inStem/07/2023. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect/false, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
11. The institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason and also to fill or not to fill the posts advertised. The institute also reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of post(s) so advertised.
12. The institute has the right to decide the mode of screening and testing the applicant for shortlisting and selection.
13. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Director, DBT-inStem in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, the conduct of examination/ interview will be final and no query or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual.
14. It may be noted that candidature will remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned documents is verified by the Appointing Authority. Only those qualifications and experience that are relevant to the field of research at DBT-inStem will be considered.
15. Selected candidates may be posted and transferred anywhere in India as per the requirement of the institute.
16. DBT-inStem does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of any reason or for any other reason beyond the control of the institute. Please note that the online mode is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected. Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her are found to be false at a later stage.
17. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to their selection/recruitment shall be considered as disqualification.
18. Appointment of candidates shall be as per the institute’s Recruitment Rules and Govt. of India instructions and will be subject to their being found medically fit and the verification of character, antecedents, and caste, wherever applicable.
19. No person shall be eligible for appointment who had previously been dismissed or compulsorily retired from the service of a Department of a State or the Central Government or from any Public Sector Undertaking/ Autonomous institute etc. 20. No person shall be eligible for appointment who has been convicted in a Court of law for any offense involving moral turpitude.
21. DBT-inStem will retain data available in online applications received from candidates only for a limited period of six months after completion of the recruitment process i.e. the issuance of an offer letter to the selected candidate.
22. DBT-inStem strives to have a gender balance workforce that reflects an all-India character. Hence, candidates from all over the country and female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
23. No person, (i) who had entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or (ii) who is having a spouse alive, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
24. All degrees acquired by the applicant should be from an Institute/University recognized by the UGC/AICTE/AIU.
25. Candidates shortlisted for interview will have to produce original documents for verification in support of their application regarding reservation category, educational qualification, experience, and other claims.
After remitting the application fees to the bank account or through QR code/UPI ID using the information available in link given below, the payment reference number is to be mentioned in the online application form.
Last date for receipt of online application : 30.09.2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database