Job for M.Pharm, M.Sc as Senior Research Fellow at THSTI
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health.
Post : Senior Research Fellow
Age limit : 32 years
Project : Engineered membrane vesicles of non- pathogenic bacteria for targeted delivery of first-line drugs against Mycobacterium tuberculosis
PI : Dr. Jonathan D Pillai
Minimum Qualification and experience :
• B.Sc/ B.Tech with at least 3 years work experience or M.Sc./ M.Pharm/ M.Tech in Life Sciences or related fields, with at least 1 year work experience in the following areas: Basic techniques in mammalian and bacterial cell culture, routine cell viability assessment, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, gel electrophoresis, brightfield & fluorescence microscopy, nucleic acid isolation, characterization and quantification (PCR/RT-PCR).
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, other common web-based tools.
Desirable Qualification / Experience :
• Prior experience or expertise in Tuberculosis (including BSL-3 work), drug delivery systems or micro/nano particle synthesis and characterization. Small animal and tissue handling, cytokine analysis and molecular biology techniques.
• Pharmacokinetics / pharmacod yna mics/biodistribution analysis.
Proficiency in analytical techniques in one or more of the following: HPLC, Mass- spectroscopy, Fluorescence / NIR Spectroscopy, FUR, TGA/DSC/ DLS/Zeta Potential/NMR.
• Advanced techniques in microbiology including electroporation, cryo- preservation and Immunohistochemistry, Confocal/electron microscopy.
Rs.28,000/- + HRA (For NET/ GATE/ Post Graduate Professional Degree Holders)
Rs.18,000/- + (For others)
General Terms & Conditions
1. These are short term positions and extension will be granted subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbents. Those appointed to these positions will not have any claim for regularization of their employment.
2. All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
3. The experience requirement specified shall be experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
4. Persons working in Govt. / PSUs / autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel or produce a relevant ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview/ written test/ skill test.
5. Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates: 1. By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities. 2. By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities. 3. For Persons with Disabilities (PwD) falling under the following categories :
(i) UR -10 years , ii) OBC -13 years (iii) SC/ST -15 years 4. For Ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Airforce) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. 5. Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31 /12/1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority. 6. Age is relaxable for Government servants up to 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time.
6. There is no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated as departmental candidates.
7. Number of positions may vary depending upon the requirement at the time of interview/skill test/ written test.
8. Outstation SC/ST/ PwD candidates called for the interview/skill test/ interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare, as per Govt, of India rules on production of the proof of the same.
9. All results will be published on our website and all communications will be only through email.
10. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Last date for submission of online application : 30th September 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database