Work as Senior Research Investigator at Syngene International
Syngene International is one of India’s premier contract research and manufacturing organizations in providing customized service. Our services encompasses all across discovery chain: early stage discovery, process development, cGMP manufacturing and formulation development both in the small molecule and novel biologics area. Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, the Company is situated in a 90 acre Special Economic Zone with over 100000 sq. mt of built up facilities.
Post : Senior Research Investigator - Process R&D
Job Description :
Responsible for the development of a safe and scalable synthetic process for the intermediates and API and works with Technology transfer /Process Engineering/Delivery team for the success of scale up projects
• Lead and mentor a team of 3-5 scientists at M.Sc level.
• Contribute individually by performing experiments in lab and provide scientific and operational leadership to the team.
• Effectively manage resources to ensure productivity and quality (of development work) as per Syngene standards and customer requirement.
• Provide creative and innovative solutions to technical problems backed by a sound understanding of fundamental scientific principles in the team.
• Develop chemical processes that are inherently safe and scalable.
• Set and maintain high safety standards in the work environment.
• Encourage automation in PRD work (jacketed reactors, dosing pumps, probes etc), IPC analyses by PRD chemists and other best scientific practices in the team.
• Proactively lead development programs with minimum direction from customers.
• Prepare quality weekly research reports and development reports. Lead technical discussions in audioconferences with customer.
• Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
• Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
• Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team.
• Ph.D in Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
• Fundamental synthetic organic chemistry knowledge with an ability to propose synthetic routes rapidly that is safe and scalable.
• Excellent process research skills including detailed route scouting and evaluation of the preferred route.
• Process optimization and development skills at par with customer/global standards.
• Basic knowledge in process engineering, particularly unit operations.
* Process Safety
* Sound knowledge in process analytical chemistry
* Designing experiments and proposing study plan
* Strong analytical skills to derive trend, conclusion, and path forward, out of large set of data.
* Logical thinking and attention to details.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Operational Excellence.
* People Management
• 3-6 years post qualification
• Should have the capability to work in a team and ability to handle demonstrate a good team spirit.
• While possessing a good ability to follow instruction should also demonstrate innovative in his/her approach, good communication skills.
• Should be proactive while working on allotted responsibility.
Qualification : Ph.D
Location : Bangalore
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Process R&D
Req Id : 15284
End Date : 30th October, 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database