Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Senior Scientist - Biopharmaceutics Expert
Job Description :
As Biopharmaceutic expert, you will create and drive with scientific & technological excellence the biopharmaceutic development work for your assigned projects in close alignment with technical research and development subteam and in collaboration with translational medicine and Pharmacokinetic Science. This includes to “hands on” or together with experts from other areas plan, perform, evaluate and report in-silico (e.g. PBBM physiological based biopharmaceutic modeling), in-vitro tests (biorelevant and biopredictive API and formulation testing), and/or define the best design for the in-vivo studies.
• Provide expert technical support to our development projects, drive appropriate biopharmaceutics assessment to the development phase of the project and provide input to the drug product design in development projects, working in partnership with TRD subteam and key stakeholders (e.g. PK Science and Translational Medicine).
• Plan, perform evaluate and report in close collaboration with experts from other areas in silico (e.g. PBBM via Gastroplus®) and in vitro tests (eg biorelevant dissolution, permeability testing), or in vivo studies (e.g. RelBA and BE to bridge formulation changes).
• Contribute to the understanding of the inter-relationships of the drug’s properties, the dosage form and drug absorption in line with target product profile.
• Proactively identifying potential scientific, technological gaps, proposing creative solutions and ensuring appropriate communication within and across units.
• Author biopharmaceutic relevant reports (e.g. absorption modeling, or biorelevant dissolution), including relevant CMC documentation for clinical and marketing applications.
• Strong contribution to advance science, technology and innovation within the area of biopharmaceutics aiming to obtain better predictive biopharmaceutics methods or improved drug delivery, includes identifying and contributing to external consortium or initiative
M. Pharm, M. Tech or equivalent Desirable: Advanced degree in a scientific or relevant discipline such as pharmaceutical sciences, chemical engineering or life sciences (MS or Ph.D.) Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in biopharmaceutic, pharmaceutical science and/or pharmacokinetic.
• An understanding of drug development process and the contribution of pharmaceutical development from lead optimization to launch
• Proven leadership experience in managing projects ideally in a global matrix environment
• Excellent knowledge of biopharmaceutics tools for the characterization of API and dosage form and modelling and simulation software in the biopharmaceutic area.
• Ability to interpret and analyze a variety of different data to provide scientific direction to others
Experience : 5+ years
Qualification : M. Pharm, M. Tech
Location : Hyderabad
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Research & Development
ID : 279512BR
End Date : 10th November, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database