Vacancy for Senior Research Fellow at NIMR
National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR) was established in 1977 as ‘Malaria Research Centre’, which was renamed as ‘National Institute of Malaria Research’ in November 2005. NIMR is one of the institutes of the Indian Council of Medical Research (an autonomous body under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India).
Post : Senior Research Fellow
Project : DST-SERB funded research project entitled “Transcriptome analysis of deltamethrin- resistant Anopheles stephensi and Anopheles culicifacies”. Upto 13.03.2021.
Monthly Consolidated Emolument : Rs.28,000.00 + HRA as applicable (for ICMR/CSIR-UGC NET qualified) and Rs.18,000.00 + HRA as applicable (for Non-NET qualified candidates)
Essential Qualifications : Essential: M.Sc. in Life Sciences with two years research experience.
Desirable : Research experience in the field of Next-Generation Sequencing.
Age limit : 35 years
Terms and Conditions:
1. Interested and eligible candidates can appear for walk-in-interview/personal discussions through Skype/video call due to lockdown in the country on the dates mentioned against each post alongwith the duly filled in the prescribed application form (attached).
2. It may be mentioned here that incomplete applications, application not submitted in prescribed format and application without supportive documents asked for shall be summarily rejected.
3. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed institution / organization recognized by relevant authority.
4. Experience shall count from the date of completion of minimum educational qualification.
5. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of walk-in- interview/or personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
6. The Director reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies as per requirement.
7. Candidate should write the Name of Project on the top of the application. Candidates applying for more than one post should apply SEPARATELY for each post.
8. No benefit of provident fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be considered, since the posts are purely temporary basis.
9. Age relaxation is admissible to SC/ST/OBC/EXM/Departmental candidates including projects as per Govt. of India/ICMR Norms. 10. Age limit and experience will be considered as on the date of walk-in-interview/personal discussion.
11. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in-interview/personal discussion.
12. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification / experience does not guarantee selection.
13. Candidates employed in Govt. Service /Semi Govt./ Autonomous Bodies of State/Central Govt. should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of walk-in- written test and / personal discussion failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear in written/personal discussion. 14. If the eligible candidates are more than 30, then written test will be held followed by personal discussion otherwise direct personal discussion will be held from the time of written test as indicated onwards. Written test will be consisting of objective and multiple type questions on syllabus as per the essential qualification.
15. Community/ Caste certificate: Candidates applying under OBC category, shall submit attested copy of OBC Non – Creamy Layer Certificate in specified format, issued within one year from the date of walk-in- written test and / or personal discussion by the appropriate authority. Only Non Creamy Layer OBC certificates will be accepted and other certificates will not be accepted. 16. All posts are contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
17. The above posts are filled-up on purely temporary basis and contractual basis & the candidate will have no right to claim for any type of Permanent Employment under ICMR-NIMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
18. The Director has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and no correspondence/recommendation will be entertained in this matter.
19. Canvassing and bringing outside influence in any form for short listing and employment will treated as disqualification and the candidate will be debarred from selection process.
20. Speed test on computer in English only will be conducted as qualifying criteria for Data Entry Operator after verification of essential qualification and experience at the time of joining. In case, if it is not found satisfactory, appointment will be terminated.
21. Those appearing for walk - in – Interview/personal discussion, in case of selection, he/she must bring all original certificates
(1) Educational qualification
(2) Proof of Date of birth
(3) Experience certificates/testimonials
(4) One-self attested recent passport size photograph
(5) ID Proof (Ex. Aadhar/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License etc.)
(6) One set of self-attested photocopies of all documents.
(7) SC/ST/OBC Certificates, if applicable.
(8) Candidates should produce all certifications/testimonials in original for verification at the time of joining the post.
22. Candidates who fail to bring the original certificates at the time of joining, he/she will not be allowed to join the selected post. Candidates who will report after the scheduled date/time will not be allowed to appear in interview / or personal discussion.
23. Bad connection/connection failure from any side will be the responsibility of the NIMR.
Candidates are advised to send their application form alongwith requisite documents in advance through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) upto 30.05.2020 05:00 PM. Candidates possessing the above essential qualification and experience may appear for walk-in- interview/or personal discussion (Through Skype/video call) at Director, ICMR-National Institute of Malaria Research, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi-110077 on the dates as indicated in schedule for walk-in- interview/or personal discussion (as applicable) given below
Date and time of verification of document : 01.06.2020 from 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
See All Other Jobs in our Database