Career for Professor, Associate Professor at Indira Gandhi University | Salary upto Rs 2,18,200/- pm
Indira Gandhi University Meerpur, Rewari was established on September 07, 2013. The University is committed to work vigorously for the all-round personality development of students by making them not just outstanding professionals but also good individuals with ingrained human values. The university campus is situated in village Meerpur at a distance of about 10 Km from district headquarter of Rewari, and is about 300 kms from Chandigarh, the State Capital. It is well connected both by rail as well as road.
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the posts of Professor (Rs. 144200- 218200 as per 7th CPC) in various subjects such as Chemistry (UR-01), Economics (UR-01), Physics(UR-01) & Zoology (BC-A-01) and for the post of Associate Professor (Rs. 131400- 217100 as per 7th CPC) in various subjects such as Hindi (UR-01), Environmental Sciences (UR- 01), Pharmaceutical Sciences (UR-01), Geography (EWS or UR – 01, UR or Ex-Serviceman – 01), Psychology (UR-01), Social Work (UR-01), Yoga (SC-01), Biotechnology (UR-01) & Botany (UR-01).
Chemistry : UR-01
Zoology : BC-A -01
Pharmaceutical Science : UR-01
Biotechnology : UR-01
Botany : UR-01
Qualifications prescribed by the UGC for the post of Professor
(i) An eminent scholar with Ph.D qualification(s) in the concerned /allied/ relevant/related discipline and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications in Refereed Journals.
(ii) The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for the appointment of Professors.
(iii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in University/College, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions//industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
(iv) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses and technology-mediated teaching learning process.
(v) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as mentioned in the advertisement.
B. An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
Qualification prescribed by the UGC for the post of Associate Professor
(i) Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned /allied /relevant disciplines.
(ii) The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for all candidates to be appointed as Associate Professor through direct recruitment.
(iii) A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
(iv) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and /or research in an academic /research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/Industry excluding the period of Ph.D research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and /or research papers in refereed journals only/policy papers.
(v) Contribution to educations innovation, design of new curricula and courses and technologymediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
(vi) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in this notification in as mentioned in the advertisement.
General Instructions and Terms & Conditions
1. Details of qualifications prescribed for Professors and Associate Professors are given respectively.
2. Reservations, where indicated, are applicable only to the residents of Haryana.
3. The University Authority is competent to change the category if suitable candidate is not available in that category. In case of EWS category and also in Ex-Servicemen Category, if suitable candidate is not available then it will be filled up by General category.
4. Candidates applying for the post of Professor and Associate Professor as per UGC qualifications are required to submit seven copies of filled Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma (Annexure-B) as well as to submit five duly-bound sets of reprints of their minimum ten and five publications, respectively, along with their applications. The criteria for merit/weightage score for the post of Professor and Associate Professor as approved by the appointing authority shall be as appended at Annexure- C & D.
5. Incomplete applications and those received after due date on any account, including postal delay, or/and without the prescribed fee, shall be summarily rejected.
6. The number of posts may increase or decrease, depending on requirement and availability. Any of the posts here advertised may be withdrawn at any time without assigning any reason.
7. It is mandatory that for the candidate to upload and enclose the proof of his/her publication work, which are refereed/peer reviewed/ UGC listed/ CARE listed/ Scopus listed. The impact factor of Thomson Router will be considered with documentary proof.
8. For Professor 400 points and Associate Professor 300 points as based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) shall be needed, which the candidates should calculate and justify on their own, enclosing necessary documentary evidence in support of their claim.
9. Instructions for filling up online application form are available on university website.
10. Application Processing Fee as under can be paid online (Net Banking/Credit Card/ Debit Card) through University website as per the above schedule:
General Category (Male of Haryana & other States/ Female of other than Haryana State/Male & Female of Reserved category of other than Haryana State) : Rs. 2000
Female of General Category of Haryana State Only : Rs. 1000
Male and Female of SC/BCA/EWS Category of Haryana State Only : Rs. 500
(i) The candidate of ESM category of Haryana State only are required to pay the fee as for General, SC, BCA & EWS Candidates as the case may be.
(ii) Fee once deposited against an application form is neither transferable non-refundable/adjustable.
(iii) Candidates applying for multiple posts will be required to pay separate fee against each post code if these posts have separate post codes.
(iv) The fee will be accepted only through online mode link given in the online Application Form on the University Website i.e. igu.ac.in
11. Only candidates found eligible by the Screening Committee will be called for interview. Those declared
ineligible will not be informed of their status being as such. Candidates are thus advised to make sure before
applying that they are indeed eligible for a given post both in terms of minimum eligibility conditions and the
required specialization attached therewith, if any.
12. One’s claim for a given specialization must be backed by credible evidence in terms of research publications
in peer reviewed Research Journals, and/or Ph.D in that subject.
13. The University reserves the right to shortlist candidates on the basis of objective criteria.
14. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
15. A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor's as well as at the Master's level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
16. The candidate(s), who are in employment in Universities/ Govt./Semi. Govt./Public undertakings should send their applications through proper channel. However, candidates are advised to submit the advance copy of the application form on or before the last date or submit "No Objection Certificate" from their employer at the time of interview.
17. The prescribed essential qualifications do not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The decision of the University in all matters relating to acceptance or rejection of an application, eligibility/ suitability of the candidates, or the criteria for selection, etc. will be final and binding on the candidates. No inquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
18. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the written test/interview etc.
19. The selection committee may decide its own method of evaluating the domain knowledge/ performance of the candidates in interview.
20. Concealment of facts or supply of wrong information will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage in addition to legal action.
21. Only relevant Teaching/Research Experience of UG/PG teaching in recognized Universities/Colleges/Research Organizations after acquiring the eligibility qualifications shall be considered.
22. Experience as Assistant Professor (temporary, adhoc, contract with full workload) after becoming eligible for the post is countable towards teaching experience.
23. The hard copy of the online application form along with self-attested copies of required relevant documents uploaded on website must be submitted in stipulated time in the office of REGISTRAR, INDIRA GANDHI UNIVERSITY, MEERPUR, REWARI - 122502. Candidate should append complete copies of research papers published.
24. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
25. In case of any dispute(s), any suit, or legal proceeding against the University, the territorial jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Courts in Haryana at District Court Rewari OR Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.
26. EWS (Economically Weaker Section) candidates shall be required to produce Certificate as per instructions of the Haryana Government. The validity period of eligibility of children including step-children, legally adopted children of ESM will be attaining the age of 25years or on ceasing to be dependents whichever is earlier for getting the benefit of reservation under ESM category. Unemployed /unmarried/divorced/widowed- daughters will be eligible irrespective of age for getting the benefit of reservation under ESM category.
27. Backward class Block (A) candidates claiming benefit of reservation have to submit a certificate issued by the competent authority of Haryana not before the six months of the last date of receipt of applications mentioning therein that he/she is not covered under the criteria of creamy layer as per State Govt. instructions issued by vide letter No. 1170-SW(1)-95 dated 07.06.1995 & No. 213-SW(1)-2010 dated 31.08.2010, No.22/22/2004 3GS-III dated 14.06.2016 and No.1282-SW(1) dated 28.08.2018. 28. The following categories of persons shall not be eligible to apply for any position in the University:
(a) Who has been convicted by any Court of Law or any criminal proceedings are pending against him.
(b) Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a living spouse.
(c) Provided that the Competent Authority or the University may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for doing so, exempt any person from the operation of these rules and
(d) Any other category of person disqualified for appointment by Govt. of Haryana/ Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur, Rewari.
In view of Covid (19) and lock down in entire country, the last date to submit the hardcopy of online application form alongwith required documents for all advertisements published in various newspapers before lockdown viz. Advt. No 03/2020 (Associate Professors), Advt. No 04/2020 (Non-Teaching Posts) and Advt. No 05/2020 (Professors and Associate Professors) has been extended upto 10/06/2020 upto 5:00 P.M. Similarly, the last date to apply online against above mentioned advertisements is also extended upto 25/05/2020.
See All Other Jobs in our Database