Career for Assistant Professor in Maharshi Dayanand University
Maharshi Dayanand University, ab initio established as Rohtak University, Rohtak, came into existence by an Act No. 25 of 1975 of the Haryana Legislative Assembly in 1976 with the objective to promote inter-disciplinary higher education and research in the fields of environmental, ecological and life sciences. It was rechristened as Maharshi Dayanand University in 1977 after the name of a great visionary and social reformer, Maharshi Dayanand. It had a unitary and residential character in its nascent stage, but became an affiliating University in November 1978. The University secured the recognition of University Grants Commission – the higher education regulatory body of India - for central Govt. grants in Feb. 1983.
Post : Assistant Professor in Biotechnology- 02(SC-01, UR-01)
Qualifications & Experience
1. First Class Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering (Engg.) & Technology (Tech); OR
2. A Ph.D. Degree in Applied Biological Sciences such as, Micro- Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Pharmacy and Bio-Physics; OR
3. Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade) and at the Master‟s Degree level, in the relevant subject or an equivalent degree from an Indian / Foreign University.
ii. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, candidates should have cleared the eligibility test (NET) for lecturers conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC.
1. Teaching, research industrial and / or professional experience in a reputed organization;
2. Papers presented at Conferences and / or in refereed journals
Age: Maximum 50 years, relaxable in special cases by the competent authority.
1. Candidates applying for the post Associate Professor as per UGC qualifications are required to send seven copies of filled Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma (Annexure- B) as well as to submit five duly-bound sets of reprints of their minimum five publications along with Hard Copy of online submitted application form. For Associate Professor, 300 points consolidated API score, as based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) shall be needed, which the candidates should calculate and justify on their own, enclosing necessary documentary evidence in support of their claim. Copies of criteria for merit/ weightage score approved by the competent authority, is appended at Annexure-C.
2. Assistant Professors/ Associate Professor working in the Senior Scale/ Selection Grade can also be considered for appointment in the same pay scale.
3. The candidate for the post of Assistant Professor will be shortlisted. The number of candidates to be called for interview shall be 20 for single vacancy and 10 for each additional vacant post (category wise). The candidate(s) shall be called for interview in order of their ranks in the list prepared by the Screening Committee on the basis of marks secured by the candidates out of the total of 75 marks mentioned in Selection Criteria (Annexure-C) (Marks obtained in above mentioned criteria excluding marks of presentation and interview).
4. Candidates to be called for interview, especially even where specializations are mentioned against any post, will be decided by the Screening Committee whose recommendations for one being called (or not being called) for interview shall be final. Only those possessing the required specialization(s) and fulfilling the minimum eligibility conditions thus need apply. One’s claim for a given specialization must be backed by credible evidence in terms of research publications in peer reviewed Research Journals, and/or teaching experience in the relevant field/ specialization for at least five years to be properly certified and authenticated by the appropriate authority/Head of the institution. Applications found lacking in any such respect(s) are liable to be rejected. Those declared ineligible will not be informed of their status being as such. Candidates are thus advised to make sure before applying that they are indeed eligible for a given post both in terms of minimum eligibility conditions and the required specialization attached therewith, if any.
5. The post under Self Financing Scheme will be filled up as per provisions of the Scheme. On satisfactory completion of one year, the engagement may be extended for the period which will be Co-terminus with the duration of the respective course/ programme or till superannuation, whichever is earlier. The candidates will specifically mention in the application form the name of the department/ Institute under the Self Financing Scheme for which they are applying. The post(s) may also be filled up by appointing persons on deputation.
6. Application fee is to be paid online on the University’s online application submission portal. Applicant must check his/her eligibility before depositing the fee. The application fee is non-refundable. The Fee details are as under:-
Male Female(out of Haryana State) : Rs 600/-
Female of Haryana resident only : Rs 350/-
SC/BC candidates of Haryana State only
Male : Rs 150/-
Female : Rs 100/-
ESM/PWD candidates of Haryana State only
Male/Female : Rs 100/-
Find More Info Go to Next Page...