The Laboratory was established in 1941 as a research and production centre, known as Drug Research Laboratory of J&K State and was later taken over by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) of Govt. of India in December 1957 as Regional Research Laboratory, Jammu. In view of its core strength in natural products based drug discovery, the mandate of Institute was redefined in 2005 and its name changed to Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM).
Post : Project Associate I [One Position]
Applications in the prescribed format [Google Form] are invited from eligible & interested candidates for engagement of Project Associate-I on purely temporary basis, under National Medicinal Plant Board, Ministry of AYUSH Funded Project (GAP-3145) entitled, “Conservation, Bioprospection and Development of good agricultural practices for Rheum emodi, Sassurea costus, Podophyllum hexandrum and Aconitum heterophyllum for Ex situ Cultivation in Jammu and Kashmir”, tenable at CSIR-IIIM, Branch Lab, Sanat Nagar, Srinagar & its Associated Farms (UT of J&K).
Essential Qualification : M.Sc. in Botany / Plant Biotechnology / Forestry from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable : CSIR-UGC NET/ NET Lectureship qualified. Candidates with experience in taxonomy, large-scale cultivation & Molecular Biology work will be given preference. Candidates with prior research experience on MAPs will be preferred.
Additional requirement : The candidate has to travel for survey and work at CSIR-IIIM Farms & Lab as required.
Upper age limit : 35 yrs.
Monthly Emoluments (Rs.) :
i) 31,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selectedthrough
(a) National Eligibility Tests-CSIR- UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or
(b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
(ii) 25,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above
1. Age relaxation for SCs/STs/OBCs/PwDs candidates as per GOI/CSIR Instructions. Candidates belonging to SCs/STs/OBCs/PwDs should upload their copies of certificates (duly self attested) in the proper format issued by the appropriate authority as per the latest instructions issued on the subject. The candidates are advised to upload these certificates (if applicable) along with duly filled in Google Form.
2. Age relaxation for Widows, Divorced Women and Women Judicially separated from Husbands, who are not remarried since, as per GOI/ CSIR provisions.
ONLINE MODE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
3. Application Form (Google Form) for this position can be filled in online in the Google Form using following link.
4. Filled in Google Form should be submitted by or before 04.08.2023 (Friday) up to 5:00 pm.
5. Google Form submitted after the scheduled date and time i.e. 04.08.2023 (Friday) up to 5:00 pm. shall not be entertained for Interview.
6. The duly constituted Screening Committee shall screen the applications and shortlist the candidates for In Person Interview. The list of eligible shortlisted candidates, and date of Interview will be displayed on CSIR-IIIM Website: iiim.res.in by evening on 07.08.2023 (Monday) up to 5:00 pm.
7. The shortlisted candidates are requested to be present at the venue of interview on the date of Interview ONE HOUR BEFORE the scheduled time of Interview [i.e. Candidates are supposed to arrive at the venue of interview ON OR BEFORE 9:00AM. at CSIR-IIIM, BRANCH LAB SANAT NAGAR, SRINAGAR- 190005] for necessary verification of documents. Candidates will not be entertained after 10.00 AM under any circumstance. (if any change is there, they will be accordingly intimated).
8. The shortlisted candidates are required to attend the in person interview along with Original Certificates in support of Date of birth, Essential Educational Qualification, Category Certificate (if applicable) etc. Tentative Mark Sheets/Certificates and ‘RESULT AWAITED’ will not be considered.
9. The shortlisted candidate(s) having serious health issues/complications (please attach proof) may forward their request to Dr. Qazi Parvaiz Hassan, Project Investigator [E-mail ID:email@example.com] for attending the interview through online mode. However, it shall be the discretion of Selection Committee to take final call in this regard. 10. To avoid any inconvenience, only those candidates who strictly fulfil the eligibility criteria and possess the degrees/mark sheets in the aforesaid subjects should apply for online application through Google Form.
11. In case the final certificates reflect CGPA/SGPA/OGPA Grades etc., in that case, the candidate should convert the same into equivalent percentage as per the approved formula of the University in the Google Form and a copy of such conversion formula must be attached along with the Google Form.
12. Upon selection/empanelment, the original documents including essential qualification, DOB, Caste and age relaxation certificates will be verified, if any discrepancy is found, the selection/empanelment stands cancelled.
13. It is clarified that the engagement of all project staff in different projects either in the same Lab/Instt. or different Lab/Instt. of CSIR taken together shall not exceed 5 years in any case. If at later stage any fudging/fraud, in this regard, is found, legal action warranted under rules shall be taken against the wrongdoer. Candidates are required to submit a duly signed undertaking (attached with Google Form) in this regard. NO TA WILL BE PAID FOR ATTENDING THE INTERVIEW. INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
See All Other Jobs in our Database