National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), formerly known as Institute for Research in Reproduction is a premier research institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is situated in the vicinity of a number of hospitals and research institutes in central Mumbai. Since its inception in 1970, it has been making vigorous efforts to improve the reproductive health of people through research, education and health care services.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following post to be filled purely on temporary basis initially for a period of 1 year (to be extended on yearly basis for 5 years) under the Wellcome Trust DBT India Alliance project "Clinical phenotypes and genetic regulation of endometriosis in Indian women"
Post : Project Technical Officer
• Graduate in Science/relevant subjects/from a recognized university with five-year work research experience from a recognized Institution Or
• Master’s degree in Statistics / Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics with three years of research experience from a recognized Institution
• Experience in coordinating multi-center studies and epidemiological data analysis
• Experience in handling big data such as Genomes/Exomes/Genotype, Datasets, Next Generation Sequencing datasets.
• Proficiency in internet applications & communication skills
• Experience of molecular biology techniques will be preferred
Not more than 30 years on closing date of advertisement (31.07.2019) for General Category. Age relaxation of 5 years (35 years) for SC/ST/Differently abled/Women candidates and up to 3 years (33 years) for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates will be granted.
Nature of duties
• To assist in preparation of all necessary documents required for ethics committee submission, annual reports of host institute and funding agency etc.
• Coordination and supervision of project activities and implementation of project at all participating study sites.
• To coordinate and assist the Clinical Collaborators and project staff for timely entry of the data and transportation of samples.
• To supervise, conduct regular quality control checks and clean the data to identify and rectify the errors by comparing the hard and soft copies of data collection instruments.
• To assist in organizing video/telephone meeting with all participating study sites and Collaborators in abroad to review the progress and ensure adherence to protocol.
• To assist in maintaining the centralized clinical and genomic database at ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai To monitor the storage of clinical samples at appropriate temperatures
• To coordinate with the commercial company for genotyping
• To conduct epidemiological and genomic data analysis and assist in scientific writing for publications
• To assist in any other works related to the project or other scientific/technical activities
Consolidated Emoluments : Rs. 32,000/-per month (fixed)
Tenure : One year (to be extended on yearly basis for 5 years)
Place of work : ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai
For More Info Go Next Page...
Terms & Condition:
1. The post is to be filled up on purely temporary basis.
2. Incomplete/late applications will not be entertained.
3. Without signature applications will be rejected.
4. Application will only be accepted in prescribed format.
5. Any canvassing on behalf of the candidate or attempting to bring external influence with regard to selection/recruitment shall be considered as DISQUALIFICATION.
6. One time age relaxation for staff working in ICMR project at ICMR Hqrs./Institutes/Centre will be allowed.
7. No benefit of provident fund, HRA, CCA, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc will be considered, since the post is on purely temporary basis.
8. No TA/DA etc will be given to attend the walk-in-interview.
9. The appointment is terminable with one-month notice from either side without assigning any reason.
10. Since the project is purely temporary, the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under ICMR or continuation of their services in any project.
1. The candidates have no right to claim for any regular employment.
2. The appointing authority has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
3. Age, Qualification, experience etc., will be reckoned as on 31.07.2019, the closing date of application.
4. Qualification/degree should be from a reputed Institution/University.
5. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible.
6. Written test in the subject area will be held, if required, to shortlist candidates for the interview on the same day depending upon the number of candidates.
7. The Director & appointing authority has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
8. Please give the details of two responsible person of your locality or two references to whom you are known.
9. Before filling up of the application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information.
10. Candidates are advised to visit only the official website of ICMR-NIRRH - nirrh.res.in.
11. For updated information related to their vacancies, kindly visit our official website regularly.
Interested candidates with research aptitude are requested to send the application along with copy of relevant certificates to the following address on or before 31.07.2019 in the proforma given.
See All Other Jobs in our Database