Vacancy for Project Technical Officer at NIRRH
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), formerly known as Institute for Research in Reproduction is a premier research institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is situated in the vicinity of a number of hospitals and research institutes in central Mumbai. Since its inception in 1970, it has been making vigorous efforts to improve the reproductive health of people through research, education and health care services.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following post to be filled purely on temporary basis initially for a period of 1 year (to be extended on yearly basis for 5 years) under the Wellcome Trust DBT India Alliance project "Clinical phenotypes and genetic regulation of endometriosis in Indian women"
Post : Project Technical Officer
• Graduate in Science/relevant subjects/from a recognized university with five-year work research experience from a recognized Institution Or
• Master’s degree in Statistics / Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics with three years of research experience from a recognized Institution
• Experience in coordinating multi-center studies and epidemiological data analysis
• Experience in handling big data such as Genomes/Exomes/Genotype, Datasets, Next Generation Sequencing datasets.
• Proficiency in internet applications & communication skills
• Experience of molecular biology techniques will be preferred
Not more than 30 years on closing date of advertisement (31.07.2019) for General Category. Age relaxation of 5 years (35 years) for SC/ST/Differently abled/Women candidates and up to 3 years (33 years) for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates will be granted.
Nature of duties
• To assist in preparation of all necessary documents required for ethics committee submission, annual reports of host institute and funding agency etc.
• Coordination and supervision of project activities and implementation of project at all participating study sites.
• To coordinate and assist the Clinical Collaborators and project staff for timely entry of the data and transportation of samples.
• To supervise, conduct regular quality control checks and clean the data to identify and rectify the errors by comparing the hard and soft copies of data collection instruments.
• To assist in organizing video/telephone meeting with all participating study sites and Collaborators in abroad to review the progress and ensure adherence to protocol.
• To assist in maintaining the centralized clinical and genomic database at ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai To monitor the storage of clinical samples at appropriate temperatures
• To coordinate with the commercial company for genotyping
• To conduct epidemiological and genomic data analysis and assist in scientific writing for publications
• To assist in any other works related to the project or other scientific/technical activities
Consolidated Emoluments : Rs. 32,000/-per month (fixed)
Tenure : One year (to be extended on yearly basis for 5 years)
Place of work : ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai
For More Info Go Next Page...