Online applications are invited for Project Staff at CCMB | M.Sc, B.Pharm
CSIR - CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in the areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
CSIR-CCMB is inviting applications for filling temporary staff positions to work on various funded projects. Applicants would be screened through a national level entrance test followed by interview of a select number of applicants based on the merit list. The successful candidates would be empanelled for recruitment into various projects. Details of the procedure and guidelines are accessible through links provided on this portal.
• A possibility of continuing as a CCMB Ph.D. student exists for very bright and committed Project JRF/SRF by nomination through Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), however, the candidate is expected to meet the high standards of CSIR-CCMB’s research program and preferably possess a fellowship such as CSIR-UGC NET or equivalent. It should be noted that mere selection and engagement as a Project staff does not automatically qualify a candidate’s entry into CSIR-CCMB’s Ph. D. program.
• Project Staff will be provided OPD medical facilities through CSIR-CCMB Dispensary for self only.
• Project Staff will be entitled for one day’s leave for each completed month’s service. However, in extra-ordinary circumstances Principal Investigator of the Project and/or Director, CSIR-CCMB may provide relaxation in the rules considering the exigency.
Project Assistant – II / Junior Research Fellow/ Project Fellow
(a) M. Sc. in any branch of biological Sciences / Bioinformatics / Ecological Sciences / Environmental Sciences / Agricultural Sciences / Chemical Sciences or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks or equivalent GPA score.
(b) B. Tech/B. E. in Biotechnology or Bioinformatics with minimum 55% marks or equivalent GPA score.
(c) M. B. B. S. /B. V. Sc. /B. Pharm. with minimum 55% marks or equivalent GPA score.
Emolument : Rs. 25000/month + HRA as applicable.
Upper Age Limit : 30 years as on the application close date
Project Assistant – III/Senior Research Fellow
Any of the qualification for the first position with additional at least two years of research experience
Emolument : Rs. 28000/month + HRA as applicable
Upper Age Limit : 35 years as on the application close date
• Candidates appearing/appeared for the qualifying examination whose results are awaited can apply provided they produce necessary certificates of qualification at the time of interview / joining .
• Candidates who are in the final year/semester of the qualifying degree can also apply and can be interviewed after passing the computer based test. However, if selected after interviews, such candidates shall be recruited only after producing necessary certificates of qualification.
• CCMB reserves the right to reject interview of those candidates who can not produce evidences confirming that the candidate is in the final year/semester of the qualifying degree.
• Apart from project funded internally or by CSIR, the guidelines for qualification, emoluments etc. laid down by the funding agencies (such as DBT, DST, MoES etc.) would be adhered to.
• SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/PWD/Women candidates will be eligible for 5 years of relaxation in the upper age limit.
• Candidates applying for second position (i.e., PA-III/SRF) are automatically eligible for the first position (PA-II/JRF/Proj. Fellow) provided they meet age criteria and do not need to apply separately for the first position (PA-II/JRF/Proj. Fellow).
Application Fees Structure
1. General. : Rs.500.00 ( Rs. Five Hundred Only)
2. Scheduled Castes (SCs). : NIL
3. Scheduled Tribes (STs). : NIL
4. Other Backward Class (OBC). : Rs.500.00 ( Rs. Five Hundred Only)
5. Other Backward Class (OBC)-NON CREAMY LAYER.. : Rs.250.00 ( Rs. Two Hundred & Fifty Only)
6. Physically Handicapped (PH). : NIL
Get more info on next page...