Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), is a Dept. of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) initiative and a not for profit organization based in Bangalore. We act as an enabler of Bioscience Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship by providing Research, Development, Training and Services in State Of The Art Technology Platforms. As a part C-CAMP's mandate of promoting entrepreneurship and innovation, C-CAMP has created and fostered an entrepreneur-friendly culture in and around academic/research environment through its involvement in seed funding schemes for Startups, Entrepreneur Mentorship program and Bio-incubation facility.
Post : Associate Head – IP & Technology Transfer
Core functions :
The Associate Head reports to the Head of Office of Technology Transfer [OTT]/CEO & Director, C-CAMP. S(he) will work towards building the long-term vision of OTT. The candidate will work towards implementation of NBM funded programme and reach different levels as part of his/her core functions. S(he) shall work in close cooperation with the rest of the OTT team to achieve this objective. The ideal candidate will have established experience in handling of IP matters/commercialization of innovations particularly life sciences and will have strong connections with industry. Substantial business experience, familiarity with contracts and material transfer agreements, term sheet and license agreements would be a plus, as would experience in negotiation, fostering strategic relationships with entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and industry partners. The job entails 30-40 % of travel within the country.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Evaluate technologies for IP protection, advisory, market assessment and commercialization.
2. Implement protection/commercialization strategies and business plans for the technologies.
3. Engage with industry for uptake of the technologies for licensing or collaborative development.
4. Participate in outreach events to promote OTT;
5. Sensitize individuals, researchers, students, institutes, start-up companies on technology transfer and commercialization.
6. Co-manage the team along with Head of OTT/CEO & Director, C-CAMP, build their strength/capabilities along with providing suitable opportunities.
7. Ensure sustainability of OTT by periodically assessing the situation and taking suitable measures.
8. Additional duties as assigned.
Masters degree in life science or related field along with a law degree and a minimum of ten years of experience in the industry; Being an RTTP professional is a plus.
Preference will be given to candidates with advanced degree in life sciences, basic degree in law and experience in licensing, business development or technology investment, industry experience, etc.
The following skills and abilities are necessary requirements for working at the OTT
• Strong attention to detail, be able to understand the big picture and long-term goals.
• Integrity, strong business ethics and service orientation.
• Proven ability to manage larger team, a high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
• Perform duties with supervision wherever required, and act as a mentor to members of the OTT team members;
• Demonstrate initiatives, ability to prioritize workload, follow up with diverse stakeholders, meet deadlines, and ensure productivity of the team.
• Ability to manage the team and initiatives to achieve the goal/objectives of OTT.
• Disciplined, Outgoing and Dynamic personality able to interact effectively with the clients, industry and scientific community alike;
• Ability to comprehend scientific presentations and publications, effectively assess market potential of innovations, analyse their revenue, expenses and RoI, device effective strategies for IP protection, commercialization and carry them out.
The job duties listed are only a representation of the work performed by positions generally classified under this job category and are not to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties attached to that job. Aspirants may also perform other duties as assigned. The initial offer is for one year. Further extension will depend upon the performance of the individual. Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will not be a limiting factor to deserving candidates
Apply stating your qualifications, experience, current position and compensation drawn highlighting the vacancy that you want to be considered against to email@example.com by 10th December, 2023.
The position applied for, MUST be superscribed on the application. Certificates/testimonials need not be attached now.
See All Other Jobs in our Database