The Indian Registry of Pathology (IRP) was established in 1965 under the auspices of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in New Delhi, India as a Centre for collection and distribution of teaching material in pathology. The Registry was renamed in 1980 as the National Institute of Pathology (IOP) in view of its expanded scope and activities. As per the need of the post-independence era when a large number of new medical colleges were coming up, IRP took up the initiative with the original aims and objectives of collection, classification, duplication and distribution of a representative spectrum of histopathological teaching material to several medical colleges, institutions, individual pathologists and clinicians.
Post : Project Associate - I
Following positions would be filled up purely on temporary contract basis for our DHR funded ad-hoc research project entitled “Study on relationship between air pollution exposure of pregnant women and epigenetic changes mediated by AhR/CYPIA signaling pathway with the risk of intrauterine growth restriction” through Walk-in Interview/written test, at ICMR-National Institute of Pathology, New Delhi.
Number of posts : 01 (Un-reserved)
Emoluments : Rs.39,370/- p.m. (Rs 31,000+ 27% HRA)
Essential Qualification : M.Sc. in Biotechnology / Life Science / Microbiology / Biochemistry.
1. Ph.D in Life Sciences
2. Experience in Research Laboratory and handling blood/tissue samples, performing extraction of DNA and toxic elements/ compounds from the tissues/ blood
Upper Age limit : 35 Years
Depending upon the number of candidates, interview/written test will be conducted. In case of written test, the question paper will be on relevant subject matters of the concerned position considering its essential qualification and job requirements, in addition to, general knowledge, reasoning skills, quantitative analysis, language and general aptitude etc. Candidates successfully qualifying the written test would be considered for interview and/or further process of recruitment, subject to fulfillment of required eligibilitycriteria in all respects of qualification, age and experience, etc. Candidates must be present at the venue (i.e. ICMR- National Institute of Pathology, Sriramachari Building, Safdarjung Hospital Campus, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029) in time before 10:?-0 am along with duly filled in and signed application form with their bio data and all original documents along with one set of photocopies in proof of their educational qualification, experience, age and identity etc. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. No calculators, log tables, electronic devices etc. are allowed for the examination. Director, ICMR-NIP reserves the right to change the venue and other process of recruitment as per circumstances.
Terms and conditions.
1. These positions are meant for temporary extramural project for appointment purely on temporary contract basis and co-terminus with the project.
2. The advertised posts are tentative without commitment for its filling. Recruitment will depend upon requirement of project and approval of the competent authority.
3. Emoluments: The rates of emoluments/stipend shown in this advertisement are project specific and may vary according to sanction of the funding agency of the Project. Payment of emoluments to the project employee will be depending on availability of funds from the funding agency.
4. Age Concession: Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, retrenched Government employees, project employees and ex-Servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by ICMR from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons, subject to approval of competent authority. No age relaxation will be available for UR position
5. Category once applied will not be allowed to be changed at later stage and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
6. Cut-off date for age limit will be as on the date of walk-in-interview.
7. Reserved category candidates must produce their Caste Validity Certificate. OBC candidates must possess a latest valid non-creamy layer certificate.
8. Separate application should be submitted for each post/reservation. Project forengagement of applicant will be decided by selection committee/appointing authority.
9. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an Institution of repute Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
10. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
11. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply.
12. No TA/DA will be paid and candidate has to arrange transport/accommodation themselves for written test/interview.
13. The institute reserves rights to consider or reject any application/candidature.
14. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
15. Project personnel will normally be posted at the study site: however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any part of the country.'
16. Project personnel shall NOT have any claim on a regular post in this institute or in any Department of Government of India and their project service will not confer any right for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment/absorption in funding agency or in this institute. Benefits of Provident Fund. Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, etc. are NOT admissible.
17. Initial appointment will normally for a period of ONE YEAR and further continuation/ extension of project service will depend on tenure of the project and performance evaluation of the concerned project employee by his/her project investigator, subject to approval of competent authority.
18. The Project Investigator and/or Appointing authority reserves the right to terminate the service of project personnel even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
19. Leave shall be as per the Institutional policy for project staff.
20. ICMR-National Institute of Pathology reserves the right to cancel/modify the recruitment process at any time, during the process, at its discretion.
21. No accommodation can be provided for any candidate in case the process of test/interview gets delayed till late evening or following day/s due to the overwhelming crowd of candidates. Candidates are advised to carry their Tiffin box/food items/snacks to avoid inconvenience.
22. The decision of the Director, ICMR-National institute of Pathology will be final and binding.
23. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
24. Corrigendum/addendum/further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement,will be published on our websites only.
25. Due to short term research project and urgency of shouldering the workload, preference will be given to regional/local candidates so as to join immediately.
26. Candidate must bring his/her duly filled in application form in the prescribed format with a recent passport size color photograph along with a detailed bio-data/C.V. and all relevant documents; in original; with one set of self-attested photocopies, in proof of his/her educational qualifications [a'l certificates and mark-sheets from High school/ 10Lh onwards], working experience, age, caste and photo id (Aadhar Card/Indian Passport/PAN Card/Driving License etc.) failing which his/her candidature will not be considered.
Date of interview / test : 10/04/2023
Place of interview/ written test : ICMIR- National Institute of Pathology Sriramachari Building, Safdarjung Hospital Campus Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029
Reporting time for the walk-in-interview/ written test is 09:30- 10:30 am. Candidates coming after 10:30 am will not be entertained under any circumstances.
See All Other Jobs in our Database