PATIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: PATIENT CARE WITH CRM APPROACH
Department of Pharmacy, World University of Bangladesh,
Dhanmondi, Dhaka – 1205, Bangladesh
In the business world, customer relationship management is utilized to hold customer reliability so as to expand income. Healthcare associations can fabricate a similar sort of relationship with patients, and it can likewise offer progressively unmistakable advantages. The principal advantage is by utilizing a similar hospital a patient's treatment history ought to be moderately outstanding by the association. Intermittently, extraordinary hospitals utilize distinctive patient data frameworks which are not constantly perfect with one another. On the off chance that a patient continues changing the hospital, his or her medical record can be dissipated around different destinations. In a perfect world, if the patient is treated by a similar doctor in each visit, that doctor will get progressively comfortable with the patient, which could enhance treatment. The most unmistakable advantage, be that as it may, is time. In the event that the patient goes to a similar doctor inevitably, there is no requirement for long registration toward the start of each visit. In spite of the fact that a developing collection of proof backings the utilization of cell phone short message service (SMS) for increasing physical movement, sustenance, and smoking suspension, past investigations were constrained by an attention on center to upper pay populaces, and have not focused on transcendently country networks outside the healthcare conveyance framework. Hospital websites are considered as a fitting framework for trading data and building up correspondence between patients, hospitals, and medical staff. Website character, website contact intelligence, shopping accommodation, just as consideration and service are the variables to the extent the patient relationship management is concerned. In healthcare situations, patients are considered as the primary customers; in this way, the term Patient Relationship Management (PRM) is utilized in these unique situations. PRM permits healthcare focuses to have a superior understanding into the requirements of patients while giving them better consideration. Thusly, PRM gives a chance to utilize information and data to comprehend customers and to make an incentive with them. The requirement for PRM developed when associations comprehended that it was less exorbitant to keep their present customers, while pulling in another customer would be more-expensive for an association than keeping their present customers.
Reference Id: PHARMATUTOR-ART-2656
Figure 1. Customer Relationship Management Solutions for Patient Care (Source: Enterprise IT Solutions - Qatar HQ) Patient Relationship Management or Customer Relationship Management for healthcare is a system design strategy said to have the potential to increase patient satisfaction and reduce healthcare costs. By storing all of this information, health care providers will be able to send e-information to patients about newly published health care studies that may be relevant to the patient, or offer specialized suggestions that fit the patient profile. Also, a PRM in healthcare can help promote disease education, prevention, and wellness services. This information could also be used to automate those call center operations, in which routine advice for certain aspects of care can be made available at the call center without having to distract nurses or physicians from their primary care duties (Vardasca et.al., 2011).
A PRM application likewise can give better mind to patients by permitting hospitals a superior comprehension of patients' needs and need through enhanced correspondence by means of follow-up frameworks. Seeing how the treatment has functioned is urgent for doctors. By telling the doctors, how fulfilled the patients are, doctors can have a superior comprehension on how the medications and tasks they perform are working. Along these lines, having better patient relationships and better patient steadfastness benefits both the healthcare association and the patient. Today, patients can without much of a stretch discover guidelines for their treatment from the Web. At the point when hospitals give constant data and disperse it to their present and potential patients it will assist them with staying in contact with individuals just as rival other healthcare associations for customers. Hospital management procedures should think about far reaching, productive hospital data frameworks which bolster a move of center to patients. With the possibility of PRM, hospitals might almost certainly proceed onward towards more customer-driven tasks than previously. PRM permits healthcare focuses to have a superior knowledge into the necessities of patients while giving them better consideration. In healthcare and treatment associations, PRM centers around such needs as deciding the patients' meetings with doctors and the historical backdrop of the patients' medicines. In the event that a patient is analyzed by a solitary doctor each time he/she visits the inside, as a result of the doctor's nature with the patient, not exclusively will the treatment procedure enhance, yet in addition the patient's time just as the doctor's time will be spared. All in all, this framework underpins issues identifying with the patient, data on the treatment, mindfulness, and the patient's consideration procedure. Nowadays, hospitals broadly utilize the Internet to give their services. Patients can without much of a stretch discover guidelines for their treatment by means of websites. At the point when hospitals give genuine data on the treatment of their patients through their websites, they won't just collaborate with patients yet additionally assist make a focused domain with different hospitals with regards to pulling in patients. Discoveries of various examinations have shown that the websites of a few instructive hospitals are normal regarding structure (fundamental page, principle connections and sub-joins), and extremely poor as far as substance and sub-joins (Theme-based substance), requiring adjustment, fruition and development. Websites have been intended to address data issues and offer vital assets. Accordingly, the structure of websites ought to be founded on the present needs of the clients and should be sufficiently adaptable to meet their future needs so it can upgrade their dimension of fulfillment with the association and bit by bit increment the association's profitability over the long run.
Figure 2. Patient loyalty program 200. To improve clinical outcomes, increase patient satisfaction and incur profit revenue, engaging patients in their own healthcare is critical. The US government is encouraging the use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) via HealthIT.gov and promoting incentives to doctors who use EHRs meaningfully to reduce medical errors and improve the quality of care. CROs and independent service providers are designing educative websites that can be accessed via mobiles or the internet for educating patients on diseases. A few examples of available websites and tools are (1) Agency for Health Research and Quality maintained by US Department of Health and Human Services (2) ClinicalResearch.com (3) WELVU – Mobile First, an iPad- and iPhone-based educative tool providing medical illustration, quality scores, and health outcomes to engage patients (4) Krames patient education from StayWell (5) ExitCare OnScreen™ video solutions for patient education. The retention of patients in a trial is the key to the success of the overall project. Acurian, a service provider for recruitment and retention services uses platforms such as Facebook and Myspace for patient referrals and retention strategies. The easier it is to be compliant to study schedule, the better is the retention till the end. Dose compliance tracking tools like MediGuard™ enable reminders to be set up for dose intake (Source: Sharma, 2015)
Key Elements of PRM For Hospitals
• Collection of data related to personal details of the patients, frequency of visits of the patients, the doctor he is referring to, admission of patients, medical history, discharges, attendants, details of physicians etc. from across the enterprise, recording it and maintaining a database or the Master File.
• Analyzing the data and identifying the potential profitable customers, formulating the best marketing opportunities for them and finding the best medium to communicate with the identified targets.
• Developing marketing campaigns for turning the likely to be customers into profitable customers.
• Tracking the effectiveness and return on investment from these campaigns (Rafique et.al., 2016)
Figure 3. Patient relationship management system architecture. To support compliance with the HIPAA, organizations are increasing standard data communication with payers. In addition, integration with other healthcare organizations is frequently required to support clinical workflow and HIN participation. An organization may integrate external services into its SOA solution to provide complete process interoperability. For example, when a patient is registered within an organization, the service may use an external service provided by the HIN to register the patient for the entire community of care. Not only is the patient’s registration information synchronized, but this external communication is placed into the related workflow with little user impact, creating interoperability outside organization system boundaries (Hussain et.al., 2012).
Application of PRM
PRM is not a technology but rather a vision realized through technology; technology grants the ability to achieve more cohesion between the disparate parts of the healthcare system, which in turn improves both clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction". PRM can
• Help prevent additional illness. With a 360-degree view of the patient, physicians can more easily identify relationships between current symptoms and future health concerns.
• Improve the quality and consistency of care. Automated processes can be created to ensure critical safety procedures are followed, and that the organization is in compliance with privacy and other regulatory policies.
• Speed routine processes, such as admissions, referrals, and discharges. By analyzing the performance of routine processes over time, improvements can be made that eliminate unnecessary steps and increase patient satisfaction.
• Eliminate time wasted accessing information. By electronically storing indexed documents, such as treatment plans, symptom-and-diagnoses relationships, and reference articles, less time is spent searching for information needed to deliver quality care.
• Automate proactive communications. By viewing patient data sorted by certain characteristics, targeted proactive communications can easily be sent. For example, mailings to diabetic patients can inform them of new information, treatment options, or upcoming educational offerings.
• Reduce the number of missed appointments. Tasks can easily be set up to streamline appointment reminder calls. Automated processes can be put in place for follow-up and rescheduling should appointments be missed (Hajikhani et.al., 2015).
Benefits of PRM in the Health Care Industry
• Patient PRM applications can speed routine processes, such as admissions, referrals, and discharges by analyzing the performance of routine processes over time. Improvements can be made to eliminate unnecessary steps and increase patient satisfaction.
• Furthermore, it can help prevent additional illness by physicians taking thorough examination of the patients all times to enable them easily identify relationships between current symptoms and future health concerns.
• Moreover, PRM application can eliminate time wasted accessing information by electronically storing indexed documents, such as treatment plans, symptom-and diagnoses relationships, and reference articles, less time is spent searching for information needed to deliver quality care.
• The PRM can automate proactive communications by viewing patient data sorted by certain characteristics, targeted proactive communications that can easily be sent. For example, mailings to diabetic patients can inform them of new information, treatment options, or upcoming educational offerings.
• PRM can also contribute to improve the quality and consistency of care by creating automated processes to ensure critical safety procedures are followed, and that the organization complies with privacy and other regulatory policies.
• Finally, yet importantly is that PRM will reduce the number of missed appointments. Tasks can easily be set up to streamline appointment reminder calls. By putting automated processes in place for follow-up and rescheduling should appointments be missed (Paazine et.al., 2011).
PRM versus CRM in Private and Public Health Care
In brief, while CRM and PRM involve similar approaches, "the goal of CRM is ultimately to increase consumer spending. Conversely, PRM strives to give patients the information they need to make better healthcare choices, which will ultimately save them and the system money". PRM also requires added consideration for handling complex data and the need to enforce airtight security and the appropriate use of patient data. Despite the differences, commonalities between CRM and PRM enable stronger relationships that benefit from: greater anticipation of customer needs and wants, improved communication channels, timely and credible information, and the capture of tacit knowledge in essence knowing people better without wasting their time. However, the marketing tactics of commercial persuasion and manufactured demand do not directly apply in healthcare; therefore, the best ‘marketing’ goal that a private for-profit healthcare organization can hope for in "the migration of CRM to PRM is the natural evolution of building the perception. When the need arises, the promoted physician practice or hospital is there to help you." Nevertheless, ‘perception management’ also applies to public PRM in efforts to nurture relationships with a patient/provider audience receptive to preventive, cost-saving interventions that stave off the need for expensive acute care services. Responsibility for the public purse creates an impetus for seeking these efficiencies through this form of Citizen Relationship Management—the CRM equivalent in the public realm (Vardasca et.al., 2011; Oinas-Kukkonen et.al., 2008)
NOW YOU CAN ALSO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE ONLINE.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE/PROJECT AT firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND OUT MORE ARTICLES AT OUR DATABASE