About Authors: NEHA BATRA, S K Dubey
Ageing or aging is the accumulation of changes in an organism or object over time. Ageing in humans refers to a multidimensional process of physical, psychological, and social changes, the things you do this year can halt and even reverse many of health and cognitive issues faced by those over age 50. You could be in better shape, have fewer aches and pains AND have more energy than you did 10 years ago. Anti aging is possible. The body requires two vital materials- energy and raw material for anti-aging. There are many food and herbal treatment available in market for anti aging.
We all want to live a long time BUT we want our years to be happy, healthy and meaningful. Some people call this 'Ageless Aging'. Others refer to 'Elderhood'. But most people say 'Anti-Aging'.
WHAT IS AGING?
Aging can be defined as a progressive functional decline, or a gradual deterioration of physiological function with age, including a decrease in fecundity, or the intrinsic, inevitable, and irreversible age-related process of loss of viability and increase in vulnerability . Clearly, human aging is associated with a wide range of physiological changes that not only make us more susceptible to death, but that limit our normal functions and render us more susceptible to a number of diseases. a brief look at the most important physiological changes that occur with age and the pathological consequences of these changes may be useful to understand aging.
In humans, albeit some functions like hearing and flexibility begin to deteriorate early in life (Bowen and Atwood, 2004), most of our body's functional decline tends to begin after the sexual peak, roughly at age 19. Contrary to demographic measurements of aging, that show mortality rates increasing exponentially, the human functional decline tends to be linear (Strehler, 1999). Succinctly, aging is characterized by changes in appearance, such as a gradual reduction in height and weight loss due to loss of muscle and bone mass, a lower metabolic rate, longer reaction times, declines in certain memory functions, declines in sexual activity and, in women, menopause, a functional decline in audition, olfaction, and vision, declines in kidney, pulmonary, and immune functions, declines in exercise performance, and multiple endocrine changes (Craik and Salthouse, 1992; Hayflick, 1994, pp. 137-186; Spence, 1995). Some age-related changes, such as presbyopia, or farsightedness, which is caused by the continuous growth of the eyes' lenses and appears to be universal of human aging (Finch, 1990, pp. 158-159; Hayflick, 1994, p. 179), and menopause, are inevitable yet the incidence of most age-related changes vary considerably between individuals.
Clearly, the incidence of a number of pathologies increases with age (Fig. 1). These include –
· heart disease,
· arthritis, and
· kidney disease.
Figure 1:Prevalence of selected chronic conditions, expressed in percentages, as a function of age for the US population (2002-2003 dataset). All forms of cancer and heart disease are featured. Source: National Center for Health Statistics, Data Warehouse on Trends in Health and Aging.
Also note how the incidence of some pathologies, like sinusitis, remains relatively constant with age, while that of others, like asthma, even decline. Therefore, it is important to stress that aging is not merely a collection of diseases. With age we become more susceptible to certain diseases, but, as described above, we also become more likely to die, frailer, and endure a number of physiological changes, not all of which lead to pathology.
Anti- aging is possible. The body is designed to heal and repair itself with the aid of proper nutrition. The body requires two vital materials to complete this - energy and raw material. These two requirements are needed to maintain the cell's proper functions. The body is made up of cells and all cells are living. All living things need food. Each cell needs the proper food to keep it strong. Cells die and replace themselves at various intervals. To understand anti-aging, understand that when a cell replaces itself it has three options that it can replace itself with:
1. A cell may replace itself with a weaker cell each time. A cell will do this if it hasn't had the right nutritional foods available to it. This process is called degeneration.
2. A cell can replace itself with the same strength cell. This means the body doesn't improve. That is, you have a chronic condition.
3. The cell is capable of replacing itself with a stronger and better cell. This will happen only if the cell has an abundance of energy and the rightraw materials. This process is called regeneration. It is anti-aging.
Many of the foods that we have been told are good for us in actual fact may cause degeneration. This can be shown by muscle testing. Your kinesiologistcan supply you with information on which foods to avoid to stop degeneration, and which foods to buy to aid regeneration and anti-aging.
Foods which usually cause degeneration and aging are:
• High levels of carbohydrate
• Milk (especially homogenized milk) and cheese
• Caffeine - Including Tea, Coffee, chocolate, cola, chuppa chups, guarana (Try Chaga - The Coffee Substitute that is very good for you)
• Chocolate (MUCH worse than you ever realised)
• White flour
• Microwaved food
• Chemicals such as fluoride (which is a rat poison)
• Artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame / nutrasweet)
• Processed foods
• Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
• Preserved meat
• Moderate to high levels of meat
• Meat from animals on unnatural diets (eg pork)
• Vegetable oil
• Canola oil
• Cotton seed oil
• Hydrogenated oils
• Oil that is not cold pressed / expeller pressed (use olive oil, butter or ghee)
• Deep fried foods
• Chips / French fries
• Puffed grains
• Meat and eggs raised by `normal' methods which have many toxins and hormones.
• Seafood which are garbage eaters (eg oysters)
• Foods with high levels of mercury. This includes most fish, such as tuna.
• Aluminium. Especially from aluminium cookware.
Genetically Modified Food (GMFs). At present this is about 50% of all soy and corn. Even organic soy and corn can have GMOs in it.
FOOD FOR ANTI-AGING
The amount of antioxidants that you maintain in your body is directly proportional to how long you will live" quoted by Dr. Richard Cuttler, Former Director of the National Institute of Aging, Washington, D.C. USA . You can fight the effects of aging with virtually every meal, but you must know what anti-aging foods to eat.
Don't let yourself be confused by the food recommendations of the latest low fat diets, low carb diets, Atkins, South Beach and the like.
When it comes to foods for anti aging, there is only one effective diet plan.
you must have heard the buzz about the super anti-aging juice also known to some people as the Power of 5 Antioxidant Drink. This juice concentrates the power of the world's top five antioxidant producing fruits in one product: Mangosteen, Noni, Acai Berry, Goji and Pomegranate. The combination of their juices leverages their synergic action in your body to the fullest, slowing your body's cells' aging process while preventing the occurance of terrible degenerative diseases.
But where does this so called power juice come from? Glad you asked, it comes from the 5 most powerful berries on earth:
1) Pomegranate - (Egypt & Asia). One of the oldest fruits known to man. Rich in vitamins A, B & C, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, calcium, sodium and fiber.
2) Goji - (Himalayas - Tibet, Mongolia). Considered miraculous since ancient times. Rich in polysaccharides; with 18 amino acids, vitamins A, B, C & E, 21 minerals, proteins, fiber and Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils.
3) Acai Berry - (Amazon Brazil). Legendary fruit from the Amazon that contains 10 to 33 times more antioxidants than grapes used for red wine.
4) Noni - (Polynesian Islands, India). Used as a medicinal plant for thousands of years to cure different conditions. Contains polysaccharide-based nutrients, organic acids, vitamins and minerals.
5) Mangosteen - (Thailand). An Asian native that has caused a commotion with its splendid flavor. Known as the "Queen of Fruits", possesses high levels of xanthones.
This berries are a gift of nature that has been consumed for its overall health and fitness benefits. These berries are not a new product to mankind, however it is a new concept blending the most powerful 5 berries together yeilding super antioxidants and a delicious irresistible fruity flavor! These berries are loaded with vitamins, proteins, minerals and recent studies and experiments have shown that this super anti-aging Juice contains an extraordinary high content of antioxidants, more than any other single berry and berry drink that we consume today.
The herbal treatments have proved to be very effective for many reasons. The main thing that is attractive about the herbal treatments are they have less side effects and economical. But it will take time to get the intended results. There is ten top herbs that have proven their worth in maintaining the young look.
Herbs are plants with wide variety of nutrients in them effectively used for ages. The healing properties present in plants have acted as an active source of curing diseases. People are trying out herbal remedies from common cold to psoriasis and cancer.
Constant research on herbs has revealed that they have active property in them, which acts as an anti aging agent. Different herbs have different anti aging property in them.
Herbs are considered natural and non-toxic in nature. People opt for herbal remedy because they do not have permanent side effects.
Today Herbs with anti aging properties are used in different forms like medicine, oil, soap bars, ointments, cream and gel. Various cosmetic companies, health spas and beauty therapist use herbs as an active anti aging ingredient in their product.
There are many herbs, which are used in anti aging treatments. The most commonly used herbs are listed below
• Rhodiola Rosea
• Gynostemma pentaphyllum (Jiaogulan)
• Grapes Seed Extract.
• Reishi Mushroom
• Jujube Fruit
• Lycii Berry
• Hu Zhang (Polygonum cuspidatum)
After years of hearing comments and jokes about being over the hill at 30 or 50 or 65, your unconscious mind starts to believe it. Years of books, movies and geezer cartoons reinforce that message and your unconscious mind comes to believe it. Those beliefs are mental poison! Your expectations become self-fulfilling prophecies that destroy your health and turn you into an old person – right when you should be getting the most out of life!
It doesn’t matter if you are 30, 50, 60 or 100+ years old – you can think, feel and youthful. When you think agelessly, you feel more youthful. It shows in your face, your posture, and your energy. When you look more youthful, people even treat you better.
If you act older people tend to
• Avoid you
• Treat you like you are invisible
• Patronize you
• Pass you over for a promote, on or business opportunity
When you exude youthfulness, you attract friends and admiration at every age. Examples of vitality include men and women in their hundreds who dance, sculpt, practice medicine, teach at universities, conduct orchestras, act in movies, write best selling books, fly airplanes, get their college degree, excel in sports, run for congress.
* world health.net
Reference ID: PHARMATUTOR-ART-1016
FIND OUT MORE ARTICLES AT OUR DATABASE