A REVIEW ON: PHYTOCHEMICAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL STUDY OF ANNONA SQUAMOSA
HEALTH BENEFITS (Kokate S et al., 2014)
• Good for better foetal brain development
• Natural antidote for morning sickness
• Good for skin rejuvenation
• Naturally heals the skin infections
• Delays aging and keeps the skin youthful
• Keep skin cancer away
• Good for pimple prone skin
• Helps to eliminate lice
• For better collagen level
• Natural detoxifying agent
• Moisturises hairs reduces Pigmentation problems
• To relieve dysentery, cold flu
• Decoction from leaves promote healthy blood flow during Menstrual cycle in women
• Leaves paste help in wound healing
• Useful in anemia
• Alleviate rheumatic pains
• For a better vision
• For a better cardiovascular health
• Prevent premature labour
• For a better brain health
• Prevent from microbial attack
CONCLUSIONS & FUTURE PROSPECTIVE:
Annona squamosa is commonly known as custard apple or sugar apple. The plant has various medicinal properties & has its own folkoric importance. The plant is extensively used traditionally for curing many diseases & disorders. The plant is widely cultivated in tropical & subtropical area of world. The plant has been reported to contain various active principles having specific pharmacological activities such as Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Insecticidal, Antiulcerative, Antitumor, Antimalarial, Antioxidants. The studies performed on the seed extract show evidence against Anti-HIV Activity. Reasearch on phytoconstituents present in Annona squamosa has gained a special attention in recent times as it posseses challenging activities. The plant is to be considered as god worship to all humankind from Ayurveda & requires well defined systematic approach for better exploitation in future.
1. Agrawal M., Agrawal Y., Itankar P., Patil A., Kelkar A., Vyas J(2011); Pharmacognostical Evaluation of Annona squamosa Linn; Int J of phytomedicine; 3(3); 480-485.
2. B. D. BASU, Kirtikar(1984) INDIAN MEDICINAL PLANTS; Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh; Dehradun, India.
3. Bhattachary A., Chkraverty R(2016); The pharamacological properties of Annona squamosa Linn: A Review; IJPE; 4(2); 692-699.
4. Chinghai M., Yamuna C., Xian Li., Yang C (2017); A Review on Annona squamosa L.: Phytochemical & Biological Activities; 45(5):933-964
5. Gowdhami M., Sarkar B.L., Ayyasamy (2014); Screening of phytochemicals and Antibacterial Activity of Annona Squamosa Extract; ijpsi; 3(7); 30-39.
6. Hemalatha K., Satyanarayana D(2009); Anti-inflammatory activity of Annona squamosa Linn; Biomed. & Pharmacol. J; 2(1); 18-20.
7. Julia F. Morton (1987) Custard Apple In: Fruits of warm climates; Creative Resource systems, Inc.; Winterville N. C.
8. Kalidindi N., Kalidindi B., Thimmaiah N., Nagepally J., Rakaia N., Swathe S et al., (2015); Antifungal and antioxidant activities of organic and aqueous extracts of Annona squamosa Linn. Leaves; JFDA ; 23(4); 1-8.
9. Kaur R., Kaur K., Kaur P., Singh I(2015); SITAPHAL:UNEXPLORED THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL; AJPSci; 3(4); 129-140.
10. Kokate, S(2014), “Amazing healing powers of Custard Apple”,paper presented in PPRC Conference, 15 december Avilable at: www.researchgate.net/publication/269519313.
11. Kumar A., Rekha T., Devi Shymala., Kannan., Jaswanth A., Gopal V(2010); Insecticidal Activity OF Ethanolic Extract of Leaves Of Annona sqamosa; J.Chem.Pharm. Res; 2(5); 177-180
12. Pandey N., Barve D(2011); Phytochemical & Pharmacological Review on Annona squamosa Linn; J Pharm Biomedical sic; 2(4); 1404-10
13. Pandey V.K., Giri I.C., Prakashdeep., Singh S., Srivastava A(2014); Pharmacognostical & Physicochemical study on the leaves of Annona squamosa Linn; Int J Res pharm sic ;4(2); 8-12.
14. Patel J., Kumar V(2008); Annona squamosal L Phytochemiocal Analysis & Antimicrobial Screening; J Pharm Res; 1(1); 34-38.
15. Saha R(2011); Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology of Annona squamosa: A review; Int. J. of Pharm & Life Sci 2(10); 1183-89.
16. Sandeep., Mittal A(2017); Annona squamosa: Seetaphal: A Review; IJCAP; 2(3); 72-81.
17. Shrinivasan P(2015); Sitaphal : Reemergence; RJPBCS; 6(3); 1560-1565.
18. Tylor J., Arnold W., Jurgens T., Mansor S., (2011); Antimalarial alkaloids isolated from Annona squamosa; phytopharmacology ; 1(3); 49-53.
19. Vyas K., Manda H., Sharma R., Singhal G(2012); AN UPDATE REVIEW ON ANNONA SQUAMOSA; IJPT; 3(2); 107-118.
20. Win M. O., Myat M. K(2017); Pharmacological Activities of Annona squamosa: Update Review; IJPC; 3(6); 86-93.
NOW YOU CAN ALSO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE ONLINE.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE/PROJECT AT firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND OUT MORE ARTICLES AT OUR DATABASE