Opportunity to Work as National Consultant – for TB Laboratories in World Health Organization
WHO is the United Nations’ specialized agency for Health. It is an inter-governmental organization and works in collaboration with its member states usually through the Ministries of Health. WHO’s objective is the attainment by all people of the highest possible level of health. WHO's Secretariat is staffed by health professionals, other experts and support staff working at headquarters in Geneva, six regional offices and country offices.
Post: National Consultant – for TB Laboratories
ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVE: Attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health
CORE FUNCTIONS OF WHO INDIA:
Building on WHO’s mandate and its comparative advantage, the following six core functions have been defined for the Organization and Country activities of WHO India:
(1) Providing leadership on matters critical to health and engaging in partnerships where joint action is needed
(2) Shaping the research agenda and stimulating the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge
(3) Setting norms and standards, and promoting and monitoring their implementation
(4) Articulating ethical and evidence-based policy options
(5) Providing technical support, catalysing change, and building sustainable institutional capacity
(6) Monitoring the health situation and assessing health trends
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the overall supervision of the DDG (TB), MoH&FW, GoI and technical guidance of Officers of the WHO Representative to India, the National Consultant for TB Laboratories (NC-TL) shall undertake the following tasks:
(1) Assist CTD in planning and scaling-up of quality assured mycobacterial culture and drug susceptibility testing (DST) including rapid diagnostics for MDR-TB;
(2) Assist CTD in developing and regularly updating a national laboratory strategy, including scale-up strategy, review and incorporation of new diagnostics, quality assurance, and laboratory human resource development;
(3) Assist CTD to establish and co-ordinate evaluation and demonstration studies of newer diagnostics, and in the translation of findings to national application;
(4) Facilitate the collaboration of CTD with agencies involved in the development and evaluation of newer diagnostics and in support for the scale-up of laboratory services;
GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR MORE INFO...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.