You are hereOpening for Principal/Senior Principal Scientist & Senior Scientist @ IMTECH - 9 posts
Opening for Principal/Senior Principal Scientist & Senior Scientist @ IMTECH - 9 posts
Post No: 2 - Senior Scientist - 5 posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100, Grade Pay: Rs. 7600/- (Total emoluments Rs. 58000/- approx.)
*(The Selection Committee depending upon the performance of the candidate may choose to place the candidate in any of the Grade pay within Pay Band-3 subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria).
Upper Age limit : 37 Years
Essential: Applicants must have Ph.D Degree in the field of a discipline such as Protein Science & Engineering/Infectious Diseases/Bioinformatics, Molecular Modelling/Molecular Biology & Genetics, Microbial Taxonomy, Organic, bioorganic Chemistry/Cell Biology, especially Electron microscopy/Biochemical Engg. & Fermentation science, including metabolic and pathway Engg./Biosensors and Nanotechnology for Diagnostics & Therapeutics or any other related disciplinary streams with demonstrated record of innovative scientific accomplishment as evidenced by outstanding publications and a strong motivation to perform cutting-edge science, with minimum 2 years experience.
Desirable: A strong research background in any of the area/s mentioned in the left column, with a demonstrated record of outstanding publications in high IF Journals, and/or patents.
Benefits & Prospects under IMTECH(CSIR):
The posts carry usual allowances i.e., DA, HRA, and Transport Allowance etc. as admissible to Central Govt. Employees posted in Chandigarh. In addition to the emoluments, benefits such as Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Reimbursement of Medical expenses for self and dependents, Conveyance Advance, House Building Advance etc. are available as per CSIR rules, as applicable to the employees of CSIR. Council accommodation will be allotted as per priority to be reckoned from the date of joining/availability, in which case HRA will not be admissible.
Scientists in Pay Band-3 are also eligible for 2 additional increments (without DA) Scientists are also eligible for Professional Update Allowance of Rs.20,000/- per annum. A Scientist can also augment his/her income with earnings by way of honorarium/Intellectual fees from consultancy/technical services and R&D sponsored projects undertaken by the laboratory, as per CSIR rules.
CSIR/IMTECH offers excellent accelerated track promotions based upon excellence in R&D performance.
1. For the post of Scientists upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for the regular employees in CSIR Labs/Instts., Government Departments, Autonomous Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings.
2. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 Years in the case of SC/ST and by 3 years in case of OBC candidates for the posts, which are reserved for the respective categories. The SC/ST/OBC candidates can apply against UR posts and SC/ ST/OBC candidates who apply against unreserved vacancies will not be eligible for age relaxation.
3. Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinary been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority.
4. The date for determining the age limit/experience/qualifications shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications i.e., 20-12-2011.
5. SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates are required to produce the certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority at the time of interview. The OBC candidate should produce the certificate valid for appointment of posts under the Central Government.
6. Relaxation in age, qualification and/or experience may be permitted if sufficient number of candidates possessing the requisite qualification and/or experience are not likely to be available to fill up the posts
FInd info on "how to apply" on next page
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.