You are hereOpening in National Biodesign Alliance Program For Innovation Awards & also require Business development officer
Opening in National Biodesign Alliance Program For Innovation Awards & also require Business development officer
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India has initiated a multi-institutional partnership program on biodesign called the National Biodesign Alliance Programme between Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI), Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, IIT Chennai and Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore.
This National Biodesign Alliance Program will be coordinated by a secretariat established at THSTI which is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. THSTI has been developed as part of the interdisciplinary Health Biotech Science Cluster that will come up in Faridabad within 3 years; the interim laboratories are functioning from Gurgaon.
The primary mission of the National Biodesign Alliance Programme is to promote science and application related to affordable implants, devices, in-vitro diagnostics and imaging. The programme will promote an effective translational route of basic findings ultimately into routine applications of major importance, through a multidisciplinary approach, combining new bio-markers, novel technological concepts and clinical expertise. Major areas of research in the field of in-vitro diagnostics will include protein and antibody engineering, detection technologies and concepts, nucleic acid diagnostics, new clinical markers, decentralized diagnostics (Point-of-Care), bio-organic chemistry diagnostic technologies, bio-affinity test concepts and systems, micro-fluidics, miniaturization, different reporter alternatives and multiplexing. Engineers, clinicians, bioscientists, physical scientists with skills and interests in technology innovation, automation and instrument design, implants and devices, technology transfer activities, and product validation will work together to fulfill the mission of the program.
Applications are invited Applications are invited for the following scientific positions:
Post: Business Development Officer
Age: 40 years
Consolidates Salary: 80000
Tenure: 4 years
Post: Innovation Award
Age: 40 years
Consolidates Salary: 40000
Tenure: 4 years
1. Business Development Officer (BDO)
1.1 Key Responsibilities:
* To establish, maintain and expand collaborations of research organizations and biotech companies working on diagnostics and devices and commercialization of innovative technologies developed in the National Biodesign Alliance Programme.
* The BDO will be working closely with the diagnostic team and support the identification, evaluation and implementation of collaborations from biomarker discovery through diagnostic and devices regulatory submission and commercialization.
* Assist in gap analysis and evaluation of biomarkers, technology platforms, diagnostics tools and medical devices required to advance the activities of the National Biodesign Alliance Programme.
* The BDO will also be contributing to the knowledge built around all aspects of biotech/pharma-diagnostics and devices deal making for example: (1) diagnostic development stages and costs (2) intellectual property and legal components (3) commercialization.
* The BDO will be responsible for promotion of the programme and ensure its activities are consistently presented in strong and positive manner to relevant stakeholders.
* The BDO should establish new collaborations with relevant academic / other communities in medical diagnostic and devices domain.
1.2 Essential requirements:
* MD/Ph.D. degree in Medical/Biological Science related field, OR MBA in Business or Marketing with basic degree in Biology or related fields
* 5-6 years’ experience in a Business Development role primarily in diagnostic / devices in medical biotechnology industry
* Should have a strong knowledge of scientific principles guiding the aspects of diagnostics development - Broad background across the diagnostic industry - Should have thorough knowledge of regulatory approval process for diagnostics and devices in India, EU and US
* Significant project management experience and ability to handle multiple projects.
* Must be highly motivated, proven success in achieving business development goals, with ability to network extensively to create new alliance opportunities with targeted research organizations, pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry.
2. Innovation Awards
2.1 Job Description:
* Work in the area of innovative approaches to diagnostics and applications. Biomarker discovery.
* Screening of antibody libraries for novel binders for pathogens, novel methods for nucleic acid testing, point-of-care multiplexed format of testing for diseases.
* Grant for equipment, computational and communication facilities, consumables, contingencies and travel required for the proposed innovation project submitted along with the application will be met from the core grant of the biodesign program on in-vitro diagnostics.
2.2 Essential requirements:
* Applicant should possess a PhD / MD / MTech in any branch of medicine / science (life / chemical / physical / engg.).
* Applicants, who submitted their thesis and awaiting degree award are also eligible to apply. Applicants should have a proven/ outstanding track record as evident from research publications and recognitions.
* Nomination/recommendation from the guide/supervisor/employer/HOD/Director of Institute is essential. The nomination letter should indicate the candidate’s competence for the award and should be sent directly in confidence to Administrative Officer by email (Please see the address given in clause 3 of general terms & conditions).
* Applicants should submit an innovation project proposal of about 1000 words in the field of advanced diagnostics research and application.
* Applicants should have research experience in recombinant DNA technology, protein expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems, protein purification, protein engineering, antibody engineering, microbiology, immunology and virology.
* First class grades in examinations of all academic courses for award of a degree from the graduate level onwards.
* Cumulative publication impact factor of 10
* Cumulative publication impact factor of 5 with two published Indian Patents or one International patent.
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.
FIND LATEST JOBS