Job Opening for Manager, Logistics and Trade Compliance in USP
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Post: Manager, Trade Compliance and Logistics
This is a supervisory position to support the Imports & Exports of various materials from US or any other location required for Research and development of reference standards at USP India. This position is responsible for mitigating risk to the organization specific to import/ export related activities in a manner that fully complies with all governmental and organization policies. The incumbent develops, collaborates with internal stakeholders, implements, and manages the company’s imports, exports and legal compliance related to the area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for defining and implementing the import / export compliance strategy in USP-India.
- Responsible for import/ export of reference standards, dietary supplement samples, chemical and food ingredient samples from USP Rockville US and any other location/country. Documentation, shipment follow up with USP Rockville, coordination with CHAs for clearances, coordination with custom’s and Drug controller office for custom queries, technical clarification and payment involved in import/export of the above said samples.
- Assists legal counsel on all the matters related EPCG & EOU compliances and documentation related to various imports/exports.
- Responsible for Application and obtaining of Import licenses, Test licenses of various chemical, dietary & food samples from US / other global sources.
- Provides import/export compliance leadership and day to day guidance to USP internal stakeholders.
- Develops, maintains and updates, as required, import /export related policies, procedures and best practice standards to comply with all applicable Indian import/export regulations and government agency requirements.
- Monitors changes to import/export regulations and gaps in the current compliance program and recommends appropriate changes to USP management for implementation.
- Maintains and/or coordinates the maintenance of records to support compliance with ever changing Government Agencies and international trade regulations (e.g. Free Trade Agreements).
- Responsible for classification of products, and maintains a products Database of Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS)Codes and Export Commodity Classification for new and existing USP products.
- Manages USP India’s Customs Brokers and freight forwarders.
- Acts as primary contact for government import /export audits or other queries.
- Collaborates with Manager, Global Trade Compliance US regarding trade compliance functional program.
- Develops and delivers necessary import / export compliance training to internal stakeholders
Find More Info Go to Next Page...