Working Opportunity at MSD as Assoc Director, GRACS External Operations
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Post : Assoc Director, GRACS External Operations / Local Supplier
This position will be responsible and accountable for the local management and oversight of the Global Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Safety (GRACS) external partners (vendors). This individual will manage the vendor relationship of one or more strategic suppliers with the responsibility to facilitate, implement, and sustain the consistent application of a robust supplier management program. This will include review of aggregate supplier performance data to spot trends or issues, ensure issue escalation processes are followed, and provide recommendations to management for efficient and effective issue resolution. This India-based role will work closely with vendors supporting MSD GRACS activities, India-based MSD personnel as well as MSD personnel at other locations globally to achieve operational excellence from our vendors while maintaining quality, driving continuous process improvement, and developing partner relationships. The scope of GRACS Functional Area interactions will include at a minimum CMC, Operations & Quality Management, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Safety & Pharmacovigilance, and Labeling. This position will be responsible for managing local implementation of the multi-year sourcing strategy to expand GRACS outsourcing capacity and is expected to leverage best practices and drive innovation in the context of GRACS and vendor relationships. This role will work seamlessly with colleagues in the GRACS External Operations to ensure the global program for sourcing is executed effectively.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage the relationship between MSD and the external partner(s) to effectively deliver on objectives.
• Provide project management and oversight for cross-functional deliverables and timelines at the site level; collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and facilitate local discussions.
• Manage, track and escalate issues actively and appropriately. Communicate and articulate vendor performance issues and due diligence outcomes to appropriate parties both internally and externally.
• Ensure Quality and Compliance by collaborating with Compliance colleagues, participating in audit activities and conducting local oversight.
• Monitor and manage vendor performance by collaborating with internal teams and external parties to ensure delivery of sourced submission works through clearly defined objectives. Aggregate performance metrics and support root cause analysis. Provide regular feedback to External Ops management, internal teams and external partners.
• Support innovation and opportunity management and drive continuous improvements. Actively collaborate with and provide guidance to vendors to assure new capabilities and services are developed and existing capabilities and processes are assessed and improved (on an ongoing basis), and assuring consistent application of roles and processes across projects.
• Work closely with HQ GRACS External Operations head to implement multi-year sourcing strategy.
• Actively participate in and effectively prepare for Sourcing Governance committee interactions.
Find more info on Next Page...