Opportunity to work in Market Research as Manager at USP
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries
Post : Manager - Market Research
The Manager, Market Research is a supervisory position within the Market Intelligence and Analysis (MIA) global function, residing within the Strategic Marketing and External Affairs team in USP India. The global MIA function is responsible for envisioning and executing primary and secondary market research projects – supporting all levels of the organization. As thought partners, MIA acts to continuously enhance quality decision making. The Market Research Manager and the team will focus in developing local or regional solutions to needs at USP India and serve as a vendor for global MIA for instrument design, fielding, and analysis. Topic areas include but are not limited to: brand identity and tracking, product user behavior and attitudes, new product/service development, market trends, and opportunities to increase understanding of our customers and business environment for the pharmaceutical, biologic, dietary supplement, and food ingredient industries.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages as small team of market researchers focused on design, programming, fielding, and analyzing primary market research
- Hires, trains, and mentors staff
- Ensures work products are done in a quality and timely manner for both local and global internal clients
- Models the core competencies vital to the success the MIA function, globally
- Stewards projects: develops research plans to meet business needs, consults with internal business partners, establishes and manages schedules for projects, monitors progress, to ensure results will provide meaningful and actionable insights
- Conducts primary and secondary market research (qualitative and quantitative), statistical analyses, and business intelligence to support strategic, tactical and operational initiatives as well as planning and implementation of new and potential USP products and programs
- Conducts research on key markets – with a specific focus on India, to support the development of business and marketing plans for those markets
- Identifies, researches, profiles, and monitors USP’s competitors and their product lines to provide context to decision making
- Participates in the corporate planning and new product development processes to bring external perspectives and insight into the business planning for the organization
- Collaborates with the global MIA team on research projects Performs other related duties as required
Find more info on Next Page...