Recruitment of Food Safety Officer (179 Openings) through WBHRB under Health & Family Welfare Department
The Department of Health & Family Welfare is committed to provide proper delivery of health care services on a 24 X 7 basis to all citizens of the state through the different institutions and establishments under its control.
With a view to see that health care delivery system at the desired level shall run effectively and smoothly with the required number of Medical/ Paramedical and other Staff belonging to various categories at different level, Department of Health & Family Welfare Government of West Bengal has constituted "West Bengal Health Recruitment Board".
Post : Food Safety Officer
Online applications are invited from Indian Citizen and such other national as declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the post of Food Safety Officer in the cadre of West Bengal General Service, under Commissioner of Food Safety, Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal.
Scale of Pay: Rs. 9000/— Rs. 40,500/-, [ Grade Pay - Rs. 4400/- ]. Other allowances will also be admissible as per Government order in force.
No of Posts : 179
Unreserved : (UR-62, UR EC-29)
SC : (SC-28, SC EC-12)
ST : (ST-08, ST EC-03)
BC Category A : (OBC A - 12, OBC A(EC)-06)
BC Category B : (OBC B - 09, OBC B(EC)-04)
PWD : 06
i) Holder of a degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Masters Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized University.
(However, no person who has any financial interest in the manufacture, import or Sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer under the Food & Safety and standard rules, 2011)
ii) Holder of any other equivalent/ recognized qualification notified by the Central Government.
iii) Has successfully completed training as specified by the Food Authority in a recognized institute or institution approved for the purpose.
Age : Shall not be less than 21 Years and not more than 36 years as on 1st. January, 2017, relaxable for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates as per existing rules of Govt, of West Bengal provided that the upper age limit may be relaxed by the State Govt., by order.
1) Reservation for exempted category shall be considered only when supported by Certificate issued by appropriate Authority, as defined by Directorate of Employment, Labour Department, Government of West Bengal.
2) Candidates have to submit a declaration that he/ She has no financial interest in the manufacture, import or Sale of any article of food
3) Knowledge of Bengali and other languages as per the Government Order for the time being in force-Spoken & Written.
4) The applicant must be a citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Govt, of India.
5) Age ,as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent certificate will only be acceptable;
Following categories of persons have been included in “ Exempted Category’:
i) Dependents of employees dying in harness,
ii) Dependents of employees retiring incapacitated
iii) Persons belonging to the families of Land Losers
iv) Election job workers/ Enumerators
v) Meritorious Sports Persons
Find More Info Go Next Page...