Career opportunity to work as QC manager in DAWA Limited
DAWA Limited, formerly known as DAWA Pharmaceuticals, which was acquired by Medisel (K) Ltd in August 2004, started its operations in 1977. Since the acquisition it has undergone a major face-lift in manufacturing facilities with the focus being on the quality control department.
At DAWA Limited, we have the capacity to manufacture a wide range of Oral, Topical and Injectable dosage forms. The range includes over 200 products including penicillins, antimalarials including ACTs (Artemisinin), antihistamines, antihypertensives, anti-cough, hospital disinfectants etc. We currently export to almost all the countries in the COMESA region and have a strong work force of more than 200 employees.
Post: QC manager
The incumbent will be responsible for all the Quality Control functions and Research and Development activities in the company, so as to ensure proper analytical specifications are developed, all raw and packaging and materials are tested before use and new products formulations are designed including the improvement of existing product formulations.
1. Responsible for Quality Control function in the entire facility and Research and Development activities (that relate to Quality Control).
2. To ensure that Good laboratory practices are adhered to and QC personnel are trained on GLP.
3. Responsible for all QC equipment; safe keeping, proper use, maintenance and record keeping.
4. Keeping proper inventory of all QC equipment and accessories.
5. To design, validate and Review analytical methods in line with rising standards for both existing and new products.
6. To contribute to generation, writing, approving, implementing and reviewing of Standard Operating Procedures and Batch Manufacturing records.
7. To design sampling methods, carry out sampling, testing and reporting of all starting materials, intermediates and finished products.
8. To co-ordinate calibration and verification of QC equipment and instruments.
9. To co-ordinate sampling, testing and reporting water for microbial, particulate and chemical purity
10. To monitor and report on the manufacturing environment (air, particles, microbes)
11. To design & review of raw material, packaging material and finished product specifications.
12. In-charge of the water treatment plants, continuous monitoring of water quality and maintenance of the water plant.
13. To participate in all validation and qualification processes.
14. To design reagent specifications, their supply, preparation and standardization.
15. To retain control samples for all batches in an orderly retrieval state.
16. To undertake accelerated and real time shelf life determination/stability studies.
17. To attend to marketing complaints regarding product Quality and give the necessary reports, and ensure that corrective action has been undertaken.
18. To ensure timely Quality Control reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
19. Plan, oversee / carry out the Training and Development of all the Quality Control personnel.
20. Participate in Team Development involving other departments in the company.
21. To ensure timely Quality Control reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
22. To participate in relevant committees as may be assigned from time to time
23. To undertake any other duties that may be lawfully assigned from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
a) Quality of Raw and Packaging materials received.
b) Timely analysis and release of RM, PM, IP and FP.
c) Validation of In-house analytical procedures
d) Drug registration requirements involving QC.
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.