NIPER Joint Entrance Examination 2020 | M.Tech. in Medical Devices
Government of India officially notified on 26th June 1998, through an Act of Parliament, the First National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) in the country at S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali) as a Centre of Excellence to impart Higher Education and for carrying out Research & Development in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Management. During the years 2007 and 2008, Government of India established six more NIPERs.
Medical Devices : M.Tech.
Offering NIPERs : Guwahati, Hyderabad and S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali)
Minimum Eligibility : B.Pharm/Pharm D/M.Sc/B. Tech/B.E/M.B.B.S/BDS/B.V.Sc.
Number of Seats : 10 seats at each participating NIPER
The applicant must have valid GPAT/GATE/NET Score and passed the qualifying degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA of 6.75 on a 10 point scale wherever grades are awarded or equivalent (Percentage of marks or CGPA so calculated will be based on the norms preset by the concerned University/Institution or aggregate marks or CGPA scored by the applicant for all years of the qualifying degree, in case University/Institution has not approved any norm for calculating such percentage or CGPA)
GPAT/GATE/NET score is a mandatory qualification for all the applicants except for the following
• Candidates holding B.V.Sc./M.B.B.S./ BDS degree
• Foreign nationals
• Sponsored candidate from public/private sector undertaking, Govt. departments as well as R & D organizations
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN NATIONALS
1. On the recommendation of Ministry of Human Resource Development/Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India, eligible Foreign Nationals selected by the respective ministry under various scholarship schemes shall be considered for admission; and Eligible Self-Financing Foreign Nationals shall be directly considered for admission by the Institute.
2. These candidates shall approach the Institute for admission with prior clearance from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India.
3. These seats shall be over and above the available seats
The eligible candidates will be informed through foreign embassy in India.
Selected candidates will be required to produce the fitness report from an authorized Medical Officer.
Candidates appearing for final qualifying examinations may also apply, but they should produce final result and mark sheets of qualifying degree at the time of online Counselling.
1. Relaxation in CGPA to 6.25 on a 10-point scale or in marks to 55% or equivalent in the eligibility criteria is allowed to SC and ST applicants.
2. Physically handicapped (PH) candidates are permitted relaxation in eligibility requirement of CGPA to 5.75 on a 10-point scale or to 50% marks or equivalent. No other relaxation beyond this will be allowed even if they belong to SC/ST category.
CANDIDATES SPONSORED BY GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS/RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R&D) ORGANIZATIONS/PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS/ REPUTED PRIVATE PHARMACEUTICAL ENTERPRISES
• 5% of seats shall be available for applicants sponsored by Government Departments/ Research and Development Organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Reputed Private Pharmaceutical Enterprises.
• Reputed Private Pharmaceutical Enterprises shall mean a Trust, a Private Limited Company, a partnership/LLP company. A self-employed person/Small Scale entrepreneur having Drug Manufacturing License and 3 years’ experience of running Pharma Unit can sponsor himself for this. Income Tax Returns for 3 years should be provided for considering the eligibility. Industries sponsoring candidates should have an annual turnover of Rs. 100 Crores (for Private Limited Company); 10 Crores (for Partnership/Limited Liability Partnership Company); 2 Crores (for self-employed), respectively. Besides the above, the candidate should be one whose Provident Fund is deducted by the employer.
• The sponsoring private sector undertakings will be accredited by the committee constituted for the purpose. Qualifying criteria shall be as per “Academic Programmes and Eligibility criteria”. Candidate should have relevant working experience of not less than two years under present employer and he/she will be required to pay fee as Industry/Government sponsored candidate for which a separate fee structure is given under Sec.12 “Fees and Payments”.
• Candidate must submit a Sponsorship certificate from sponsoring organization in the form of an undertaking that the sponsored employee shall be treated on duty and paid his or her usual salary and allowances for the period of studies/research at this Institute. Such employees shall be fully relieved by the employer for studies/research. Certificate shall be produced in the form provided in Annexure 2, along with the print out of the registration form. Certificate shall also make a mention of the fact that candidate has a relevant working experience of 2 years from his/her sponsoring employer’s organization after the qualifying degree. Candidate should have completed the duration period on the day of application/online registration. A salary statement for these two years shall be required.
• Applicants looking for admission on the basis of study leave must show proof to the effect that he/she will be/has been granted leave for the period of course in the Institute.
• If an employer wishes to withdraw the sponsorship, such employer shall be required to give authentic reasons for the withdrawal. The student then will be given a chance to put forth his or her side of issue. Where the Dean and Director are satisfied that the student has violated any terms and conditions of agreement with the employer, such candidate shall cease to be student of the Institute. Where student has not violated any terms and conditions of the agreement with his employer, he or she shall be allowed to complete his or her studies. No fees shall be refunded under any circumstances.
• No placement assistance is provided to the candidates sponsored by public/private sector undertakings, government departments, and R & D organizations.
• The candidates shall be admitted to the course based on the merit and shall be confirmed after he/she deposits the fee for the first semester at the time of his/her admission (details of fee provided at Section 12).
Registration Fee for M. Tech (Medical Devices)
Gen/OBC/PH/NRI Rs. 3000/-
SC/ST Rs. 1500/-
Note: The transaction charges will be applicable as per RBI circular No. DPSS.CO.PD.NO 1633/02.14.003/2017-2018 dated. 06-12-17. Rates as per RBI will be applicable for campaign period.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applicants shall register online on www.niperhyd.ac.in as per the instructions given on the website. The process of online registration shall commence on 22.10.2020, onwards and will continue till 15.11.2020.
2. Registration Fee for M. Tech (Medical Devices) Gen/OBC/PH/NRI Rs. 3000/- SC/ST Rs. 1500/- Note: The transaction charges will be applicable as per RBI circular No. DPSS.CO.PD.NO 1633/02.14.003/2017-2018 dated. 06-12-17. Rates as per RBI will be applicable for campaign period.
1. Reservation of seats is as per Government of India (GoI) Norms.
2. Applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying.
3. Application should be submitted ONLINE only; OFFLINE application will NOT be accepted.
4. Applicants are required to have a valid email ID and mobile number that should be kept active during the complete admission process for sending the SMS alerts regarding entrance test.
5. Applicants should be ready with his/her good quality and latest digital photograph (<50 KB in JPEG or JPG) and signature (< 30 KB in JPEG or JPG).
6. Applicant should have Aadhar Card/Passport, 10th/SSC certificate (PDF, less than 300 KB), Qualifying Degree Certificate (PDF, less than 300 KB), and Reserve category certificate (SC/ST/OBC with creamy layer and non-creamy layer, PH, EWS, Less than 300 KB), and Income Certificate (Less than 300 KB) if applicable.
7. Applicants are required to fill carefully all details in the online application form without any error
8. Each candidate should choose Test Centre City of his/her choice given in the drop down list.
9. Change of Test Centre City will not be permitted after submission of online Application Form. In case of any logistic or administrative reasons, centre may be reallocated to nearby centre. 10. Applicants will receive SMS alert and E-mail at the time of registration and also after completing the application.
11. An applicant can apply for payment through net-banking/debit/credit card. The transaction charges will be applicable as per RBI circular No. DPSS.CO.PD.NO 1633/02.14.003/2017-2018 dated. 06-12-17. Rates as per RBI will be applicable for campaign period.
12. Applicants are allowed to appear for the entrance test provisionally. However, final admission is subject to the verification of mark sheets/degrees/certificates etc., validity of certificates/mark sheets of qualifying examination and also of non-participation in the adoption of unfair means in any of the Entrance Tests or University examination.
13. Applicants appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for this entrance test, but at the time of online admission counselling, he/she will have to produce the mark-sheet/degree certificates of the qualifying examination.
14. Mere appearing in the entrance test does not entitle an applicant to be considered for admission to the said course. APPLICANTS MUST FULLY SATISFY THEMSELVES ABOUT THEIR ELIGIBILITY AS PRESCRIBED, BEFORE FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM 15. If an applicant appears unintentionally at the entrance test that otherwise does not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirement, he/she cannot, at a later stage, use that as a right to claim that he/she meets the eligibility requirements. Institute reserves the right to refuse or cancer admission at any point of time if it is found that:
(a) Minimum eligibility requirement are not fulfilled.
(b) Suspicious documentation has been made or evidence have been suppressed.
(c) Any other reason
16. Applicants admitted to the course in the institute shall not be eligible to complete concurrently any other full-time course in this or in any other University/Institution.
17. Use of unfair means shall automatically disqualify applicants from this entrance test, if reported by the test centre
18. Application form through Personal or Postal or Courier mode will not be accepted under any situation.
19. An applicant will only be responsible for completion of online application form together with payment of fees on or before the last date.
20. Candidates should carefully read and be aware of the contents of this information brochure before applying for admission. The information brochure is subject to alteration(s) and modification(s) without prior notice and the information in this regard will only be displayed on NIPER Hyderabad website.
21. This information brochure is for information only and does not constitute a legal document.
22. In case of any dispute owing to any typographical error or otherwise the decision of Director, NIPER Hyderabad will be the final and binding on the candidate.
1. Date of commencement of online Registration : 22nd October, 2020 Thursday
2. Last date for online Registration : 15th November, 2020 Sunday
3. Issue of Hall Ticket : 27th November, 2020Friday
4. Online NIPER Joint Entrance Examination(Computer Based Test) : 4th December, 2020 Friday
5. Declaration of the Result ( niperhyd.ac.in) : 10th December, 2020 Thursday
6. Registration for online counselling, display of seat matrix to the students : 14th December, 2020 Monday
7. First round of allotment : 17th December, 2020 Thursday
8. Last date for Online Fee submission and confirmation of allotted seat : 22nd December, 2020 Tuesday
9. Second round of allotment : 24th December, 2020, Thursday
10. Last date for Online Fee submission and confirmation of allotted seat : 31st December, 2020 Monday
See All Other Jobs in our Database