Application for post of Project Scientist at IIT KANPUR
The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur was established in the year 1960. The Parliament of India passed the ‘Institutes of Technology Act 1961’ declaring all the IITs as “Institutions of National Importance”. The Parliamentary Act has given absolute autonomy to the IITs. When the foundation stone of the IIT system was laid, it was perceived that taking help from the industrially advanced western countries might be lot more effective in achieving the status of a world class technical institute.
IIT KANPUR invites application for the post of Project Scientist in the SERB project "Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules In Supercooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations".
Essential Qualification :
• Ph.D. in Physics / Physical Chemistry / Chemical Engineering.
• The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
• The candidate should have a significant experience in quantum/classical molecular simulations.
• The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
Desirable Qualification :
• Additional experience in molecular simulation of self-assembly of surfactant, Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation and coarse-graining would be desirable.
• Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for developing coarse-grain models of amphiphilic surfactants in aqueous systems and investigate the nucleation behaviour under supercooled environment using molecular simulations. The candidate would be working with two members of the group and also will get an opportunity to collaborate on the subject with a company. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
Duration of Appointment : The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good, The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
Salary Range : 26400-2200-66000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Last date for receipt of application: Sep. 13, 2020.
Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
E-mail : email@example.com
The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online Interview. Short listed candidate s will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may be apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificate by 13 Sep. 2020.
It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application (soft copy) must be sent at following email address.
See All Other Jobs in our Database