Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools. The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
IIT (BHU) Varanasi invites online applications from well qualified and meritorious Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor in its various Science & Engineering Departments and Interdisciplinary Schools. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals can also apply for faculty positions for contractual appointments up to five years, which can be renewed further.
Post : Assistant Professor
Qualifications & Experience :
Assistant Professor Grade-I : PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout. Three years teaching/research/industrial experience from the date of award of PhD (excluding the experience gained while pursuing PhD or any other lower degrees) as on the date of application. The experience should be in a reputed organization. The candidates should have demonstrated strong research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed peer reviewed journals of good impact factor and/or patents.
Assistant Professor Grade-II : PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout. The candidates should have demonstrated strong research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed peer reviewed journals of good impact factor and/or patents. Such candidates may be appointed on contract.
Pay Structure :
Assistant Professor Grade-I :
Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.101500-167400). For direct recruits minimum pay in Academic Pay Level-12 is to be fixed at Cell No.1 Rs.101500/-. On completion of 3 years service as Assistant Professor Grade-I, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay Level 13A1 (Rs.131400-204700) as per the Institute norms.
Assistant Professor Grade-II : Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs.57700-98200). The minimum starting pay is to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.8 Rs. 70900/-. On completion of one year experience from the date of award of PhD (excluding the experience gained while pursuing PhD), the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay Level-11 and after three years to Academic Pay Level-12 as Assistant Professor Grade-I as per the Institute norms. The salary carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Varanasi. The fringe benefits, such as HRA, LTC, medical re-imbursement, education allowance for children, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), reimbursement of telephone bills, book grants, research initiation grant (up to Rs. 10 lakhs), financial support towards national and international conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms. Relocation charges towards transportation of personal effects are also provided as per the Institute norms.
Probation : The period of probation in regular appointment will be one year.
Area of Specialization : Pharmaceutics
Reservation : Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence reservation to SCs, STs & OBCs candidates as per the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India(GoI) Rules will be applicable. GoI policy on reservation including EWS and Divyang will be followed for faculty positions.
Application Procedure : Candidates willing to apply for the post of Assistant Professor may fill up only online form available at the link (facultyrecruitment.iitbhu.ac.in/) and upload the necessary enclosures. They need not send any hard copy of the application form. The Institute will contact them after fixing a cut off date, as per its selection criteria. Any other mode of submission of application will not be entertained or accepted.
(i) Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
(ii) Interviews will be scheduled based on the need of the Departments/Schools/Institute.
(iii) Applicants for the post of Assistant Professor, who do not fulfil the minimum experience requirements, may be offered an appointment on contract.
(iv) The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
(v) Reservation as per GoI norms.
(vi) The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the post(s) advertised without assigning any reason.
(vii) Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower positions in the same area.
(viii) All correspondence should be addressed to the Office of the Faculty Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi-221005, India. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For any clarification, candidates may contact the Office of the Faculty Affairs on the above address.
(ix) Contact details of Heads/Coordinators of the Departments/Schools are available at the Institute website iitbhu.ac.in. The candidates may also approach them for any specific clarification.
1. Candidates applying for a faculty position in the Department of Architecture, Planning and Design must have a valid Council of Architecture (COA) registration certificate and a scanned copy of the same should be uploaded alongwith the documents.
2. Candidates applying for a position in more than one Department/School are required to fill separate application forms through online mode.
3. All enclosures and the application form must bear full name and signature of the candidate on each page at the bottom.
4. The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the online application form. If it is found at a later stage that any information given in the online application is incorrect/false the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
5. Depending upon the exceptional qualification and experience, higher initial pay may be offered to deserving candidates as decided by the Selection Committee.
6. Candidates called for presentation as well as the interview will be paid second AC railway fare from the nearest Railway station of the place of duty or residence to Varanasi for an overnight journey. Economic Airfare by Air India only will be paid for a long distance journey within India from the local airport of place duty/residence. In addition, candidates will be paid Taxi fare from residence/place of duty to local Railway Station/Airport and back as well as Varanasi Railway Station/Airport to the Institute & Back. Free boarding & lodging at the Institute Guest House would also be provided.
7. Applicants, who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions, should send their application THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL else they will be required to produce a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from their employer at the time of interview.
8. The Institute reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements.
9. No information will be sent to those candidates who are not short-listed for interview. No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from the candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
10. For availing reservation, the candidates must enclose desired certificates in the prescribed format with the application form.
11. Foreign Nationals who are Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), if selected, permission will be sought from Govt. of India before he/she can join the Institute. Other Foreign Nationals, if selected, appointment will be on a contract basis for up to five years subject to permission from Govt. of India before he/she can join the Institute.
12. Political and security clearance from Ministries of External Affairs and Home Affairs is necessary in every case for individuals with foreign passports.
This is a ROLLING ADVERTISEMENT. There is no last date and application can be submitted throughout the year. However, the processing of applications will be done by the Departments/Schools as per the cut off date fixed the Institute.
See All Other Jobs in our Database