The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar) with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907. The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute. Following a devastating earth quake on 15th January 1934, the institute was shifted to Delhi on 29th July 1936.
SRF - 01 post
Fellowship/ month salary : Rs 25000 + HRA per month for 1&2 year; Rs. 28000 + HRA per month for 3rd year
Age Limit : 35 years
Eligibility : Master’s degree in Plant Physiology / Molecular Biology / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / or relevant biological Sciences with 4/5 years bachelor’s degree. Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/ MHRD-GATE qualification or equivalent or Ph.D in any of the above disciplines.
Project : NASF-ICAR Funded Project on “Identification of superior donors and alleles for spikelet fertility and low chalkiness under heat stress in rice”
SRF/Research Associate (RA) - 01 post
Fellowship/ month salary : SRF (@ Rs. 14000 pm + HRA) RA-I (@ Rs. 36000 pm + HRA)
Age Limit : 32 years for SRF and 35 years for RA.
SRF: M.Sc. or equivalent in Plant Physiology/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/Genetics/ Biochemistry/Botany or relevant biological Sciences and at least two years of post M.Sc. research experience as evidence from published paper in standard referred journal OR RA: Ph.D. or equivalent in Plant Physiology/ Molecular Biology/Botany or relevant biological Sciences
Project : CSIR Funded Project on Functional validation of polyamine biosynthesis genes for reproductive heat stress tolerance in rice
For More Info Go Next Page...
• Candidate should report by 9:30 AM on 02-11-2019 for verification of Certificates (must bring original certificates). Candidates reporting after 10.30AM for verification of Certificates will not be considered for interview.
• No objection Certificate from the current employer is required, if working.
• Biodata as per the format given in Annexure 1 should be submitted along with attested copies of 10th, 12th, Under-graduation, post-graduation, Ph.D. and NET/GATE and other certificates required. Affix an attested recent passport size photograph in the Biodata. The biodata should contain Academic qualifications starting from 10th Standard to the maximum qualification with % marks obtained, distinction/medal if any. This is required for calculation of academic score. If the candidates do not fill the marks and relevant attested certificates, the academic score will not be awarded.
• Candidate should submit office orders for research experience, in addition to the certificate from the PIs, wherever applicable.
• Candidate should bring project work report/thesis, testimonials/experience certificates, published research papers, etc. to support their claim on experience.
• The above posts are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis for an initial period of six months or project duration whichever is earlier. The tenure may be extended based on the satisfactory performance of the incumbent. There is no provision of reengagement after termination of scheme. Selected candidate shall not claim for regular appointment at this institute as the fellowship is co-terminus with respective scheme.
• If the performance of the SRF/RA is non-satisfactory, he/she will be terminated from the post with one month notice.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Interested candidates are invited for walk-in-Interview under NASF-ICAR and CSIR-funded projects for filling the Unreserved Temporary Posts of SRF and RA. The Interview will be held on 2nd November, 2019 at 9:30 AM in the Division of Plant Physiology, ICAR-IARI, Pusa Campus, New Delhi -110012. Age relaxation of five years for SC/ST and women and three years for OBC category will be considered.
See All Other Jobs in our Database