Recruitment for Scientist at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute | 45 posts
Pay band Rs./- PB-3- 15600-39100
Grade pay (Rs./-) : Rs 6600/-
Total emoluments on minimum scale* : Rs. 78,052/-
No of posts - 10
Age limit : 40 years
Essential qualification/ Equivalent :
Ph.D (Sci.) With research experience in 4 years
Ph D (Engg) With research experience
MD/ M.Tech/ MEWith research experience in 4 years
Areas of specialization as essential qualifications:
Research experience will be calculated as follows:
1. For PhD degree experience will be calculated from the award of the PhD degree.
2. For MD/M.tech/M.E the experience will be calculated from the date of the award of degree (MD/M.tech/M.E) in the relevant subject. Interest (evidenced by publications in high IF journals, patents of proven utility and or products of applied value) relevant and critical to the following areas of research will be considered.
Interest (evidenced by publications in high IF journals, patents of proven utility and or products of applied value) relevant and critical to the following areas of research will be considered.
1. Agricultural Biotechnology and Molecular Biology: Application & biotechnological tools for developing crop varieties (cereals, legumes, vegetables and fruits) for high nutrition, increased shelf life and processing quality; Genomics assisted breeding and genomic selection; Non transgenic approaches like CRISPR/Cas9 for genetic engineering of crops (cereals, legumes, vegetables and fruit) applications of OMICS techniques and whole genome analysis to identify genes, biomarkers, signal transduction, pathway regulation, plant immunity and applications to regulating plant growth and development.
2. Food Safety and Quality: Food Standards, Food Safety (Microbial, Chemical, and Physical contaminants); Diagnostics for Food Safety.
3. Food Stability: Applications of biopolymers to foods, smart polymers, nano-materials edible coatings, bioactive molecules and enzymes for enhancing post-harvest shelf life of fruits and vegetables biosensors.
4. Food Processing and Design: Improving structure and quality of foods, using enzymes, bio-molecules and microbes in food processing, novel product development and food fortification.
Find More Info go to Next Page...